• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

Yeah there's a few at the Scarlets... I assume you're talking about Jac Morgan who's going to the O's next year. He's awesome. Josh McCleod and Dan Davis are very promising too.

The other one you were mentioning may be Ollie Griffiths... outstanding but as injury prone as any player I've ever witnessed.
Warburton was something of the same, if Griffiths is as good as you say maybe he will learn how to stay injury free, for the important games at least.

Warburton was something of the same, if Griffiths is as good as you say maybe he will learn how to stay injury free, for the important games at least.
Yeah he's probably about 4 times as injury ridden as Warburton mind... I'm just hoping that he's one of those guys who gets injured a lot as a youngster through over-exuberance more than anything and then learns how to manage it as he enters his prime.

Yeah he's probably about 4 times as injury ridden as Warburton mind... I'm just hoping that he's one of those guys who gets injured a lot as a youngster through over-exuberance more than anything and then learns how to manage it as he enters his prime.
well you know more about him than me I've been on Holiday for a few years.

OK stayed away from here on Saturday... drunk, rather watch the game than be online etc etc...
But, going back to the game, LRZ scored a try on 34:40 (ish)... they reviewed it and said Biggar's pass was forward. Which yes as the ball travels looks forward. But as with the Watson try against us 2 weeks ago, we were told it was legit as his hand travel backwards and because of forward momentum.
I genuinely don't see the difference with this try. Forward momentum looks like the ball travels forward, but Biggar's hands are going back and as LRZ catches the ball Biggar is still in front. I'm not trying to nit-pick at all, just wondering that's all.

Overall it was over as a contest in the first 15-20 minutes. Genuinely disappointed in Italy lately. I hate there being a whipping side in this tourney (and no the answer is not to kick them out).

Hands mean nothing it's direction of his arms and you'll need to provide a screen shot at point of release yay or nay.

FWIW I felt the pass a few weeks ago was pretty tight and may have been missed but there was nothing conclusive about it either way. Due to angle of the camera it wasn't easy to tell.

Forward passes are probably the most missed/accidentally judged thing in the game. It's best not to worry too much about them.

We were the best team in the northern hemisphere during the WC and when we beat France next week we'll prove it again.
1a661a0873ab99897ccd5f6e3a1d9930.gif

OK stayed away from here on Saturday... drunk, rather watch the game than be online etc etc...
But, going back to the game, LRZ scored a try on 34:40 (ish)... they reviewed it and said Biggar's pass was forward. Which yes as the ball travels looks forward. But as with the Watson try against us 2 weeks ago, we were told it was legit as his hand travel backwards and because of forward momentum.
I genuinely don't see the difference with this try. Forward momentum looks like the ball travels forward, but Biggar's hands are going back and as LRZ catches the ball Biggar is still in front. I'm not trying to nit-pick at all, just wondering that's all.

Overall it was over as a contest in the first 15-20 minutes. Genuinely disappointed in Italy lately. I hate there being a whipping side in this tourney (and no the answer is not to kick them out).
No, that came out the hands forward.
If you want to claim the Watson try against you was forwards again... go back and watch the first Wales try against Italy which was the same and you have failed to mention and was rightly given.

Came 4th, got resoundly beaten by 3rd place who got outplayed by 2nd place who were a NH team who lost badly to 1st place team.

Nope have to say finishing positions appear about right and anyone saying otherwise is pretty delluded or just trolling.

Came 4th, got resoundly beaten by 3rd place who got outplayed by 2nd place who were a NH team who lost badly to 1st place team.

Nope have to say finishing positions appear about right and anyone saying otherwise is pretty delluded or just trolling.

Ha ha. Tongue was firmly in cheek. However, we all know 3rd place games are pointless. And no doubt South Africa would've said we were a much harder game than England. But also, for sure, we didn't reach the levels you did against NZ, even if NZ were not at the races.

Just listening to the rugby Union podcast on this dreary morning and was cheered up when they said that England have won 1 Grand Slam in the last 18 years and AWJ is going for his 4th this Saturday.

He's not a very good player though, apparently.

The LRZ disallowed try looked forward on first viewing and looked even more forward in the replay. The England try is one of those that is on the line, some refs may have called that back, I thought it was just about fine. I think all refs would have disallowed the LRZ try.

Seeing as we were talking about Ellis Jenkins I thought I'd post this as it's a pretty decent piece, especially for Wales Online.

Thanks W,E, lots of players wouldn't have made it back from that, he'll be back in the wales team no doubt maybe when Wales tour, but and its a big but if he can keep going like he is who knows Huge Respect to him,

Thanks W,E, lots of players wouldn't have made it back from that, he'll be back in the wales team no doubt maybe when Wales tour, but and its a big but if he can keep going like he is who knows Huge Respect to him,

Massive respect to him and like you I hope he goes to Argentina (I'm pretty confident he will)

I cant wait, the only problem is I will be so drunk by 8pm on Saturday that I probably won't remember a thing!
I think the 8 kick off is a good thing. We'll all be well oiled so if we're beaten it might soften the blow.

As difficult as it will be I've got a feeling we're gonna pull this off.

No, that came out the hands forward.
If you want to claim the Watson try against you was forwards again... go back and watch the first Wales try against Italy which was the same and you have failed to mention and was rightly given.
I didnt claim the Watson try was forward. I was just comparing the 2 cases.

Just some stats I saw on Tipuric.

Made more tackles than any other player in the tournament (75) and missed 1 (which was the one in the build up to Bierne's try where he slipped). 4 turnovers with1 rip. 9 line out takes and 1 steal. 87 meters made with ball in hand and not given away a single penalty.

Not to shabby but he can do better.

Last edited:
I didnt claim the Watson try was forward. I was just comparing the 2 cases.
Unfortunately that was a forward pass. But similar to the Watson try, Adams first try against Italy wasn't forward

Tomos Williams is fit. He's the best 9 we have in my opinion but I don't think we can throw him straight into the starting 15 as he's got no match fitness so I'd imagine he'll be on the bench.

Latest posts