• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

Anyone offering odds for "Farrell's shoulder to North's head, North unconscious, but not replaced; no sanction for Farrell"?
I still stand by my prediction regarding May, double front flips and a Daffodil encased Nige. Anything less will be a major disappointment.

It's the only way you can look at it. Imagine having all this great young talent, proving on every stage they deserve selection. No matter how they are week in week out they never get picked. Especially when the current players are showing week in and out they're clear not good enough keep getting picked. Enough to drive anyone insane.

All the more reason to support your team I'd say but yeah, I guess it's how you want to look at it.
There's a bit of a difference between poor performances but not really having anyone who is better and having poor performances when the chance of improvement is available but completely dismissed.

As is often said, we have one of the largest pools of players to choose from in many clubs and with plenty of funding. We aren't in the mid 2000's - 2010's where English rugby as a whole was pretty bereft of talent, we have very real talent available but it's just not being utilised.

The difference in quality on the bench in the forwards is a bit depressing. Let's hope Wyn Jones can do the full 80.

I know what you mean and largely agree but Brown has looked very good and if, and it's a big if, Cory Hill can get back to 2019 levels pre injury then those 2 can make a good impact. Obviously Botham was impressive off the bench against Scotland as well.

There's a bit of a difference between poor performances but not really having anyone who is better and having poor performances when the chance of improvement is available but completely dismissed.

As is often said, we have one of the largest pools of players to choose from in many clubs and with plenty of funding. We aren't in the mid 2000's - 2010's where English rugby as a whole was pretty bereft of talent, we have very real talent available but it's just not being utilised.

Yeah, but to not support your country? That's just mad to me. What guarantee do you have that there will be mass changes if you lose anyway?

Unless the end game is to carry on losing until Eddie gets sacked and you bring someone new in but still, just seems mad to me but we all look at things differently.

It's a shame we're not playing this game at Twickenham with a full crowd of you lot in there. Would've been nice to hear you cheering us on.

Anyone remember when Andy Robinson got boo'd at Twickenham, thats where we are with England.

Anyone remember when Andy Robinson got boo'd at Twickenham, thats where we are with England.
Far from all of us, and I doubt enough to be particularly audible at Twickenham.
Eddie has way more credit in the bank - though I grant that he's burning it fast.
Im not yet at the stage where I want England to lose a "friendly", with Robbo I was close to wanting us to lose a 6N match (but not against UK&I opposition)

Agree. I don't like parts of the selection but I'm not about to want us to lose. At worst I'd just say I won't watch it...but come the time I wouldn't be able to resist!!!

Yeah, even though I'm generally happy with our selection (pack picks itself to be honest) there's always going to be things you disagree on, it's all opinions but when it's go time you back the boys.

I understand if it's just a defence mechanism thing. I appreciate how painful it must be to lose to Wales so it's a lot easier if you tell yourself before the game that you want to lose. We've all been there.

I understand if it's just a defence mechanism thing. I appreciate how painful it must be to lose to Wales so it's a lot easier if you tell yourself before the game that you want to lose. We've all been there.

Come on, you can do better then that.

At the end of the day, after is said and done... we still have this.

This is a good point
Bringing young exciting players into the camp is good for their learning experience...but so is playing

Seeing as the squad is bubbled and players can't be released back to their clubs, being one of EJs "let's have a look at them" players is probably detrimental to their development seeing as he was never intending on playing them

Far from all of us, and I doubt enough to be particularly audible at Twickenham.
Eddie has way more credit in the bank - though I grant that he's burning it fast.
Im not yet at the stage where I want England to lose a "friendly", with Robbo I was close to wanting us to lose a 6N match (but not against UK&I opposition)
Like I said I'm unsure about wanting us to lose but it really has got to point where I'm fed up with this management so I;m at the point where if we lose I'll be angry because I could see it coming and nothing looks like changing rather than just annoyed because Wales got one over us. Its entirely of our own making.

If this team plays anywhere as well as they can they will stuff wales .if we play like we did against Scotland we've had it

Like I said I'm unsure about wanting us to lose but it really has got to point where I'm fed up with this management so I;m at the point where if we lose I'll be angry because I could see it coming and nothing looks like changing rather than just annoyed because Wales got one over us. Its entirely of our own making.

Wales never seem to outplay England. Whenever we beat you it's always coz England are **** and lost the match rather than Wales were better and won.

If you win I'm sure there will be many on here laughing at how a terrible England team beat a good Wales team.

This is a very good England side. One out of form but more than capable of beating Wales.

I think Wales will win this one against an underperforming England. I'm bored of EJ's team selection, so predictable and shite. Wales by 10.

Latest posts