• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Missed all this kicking off - that's a blow for Irish he's been excellent for them
I heard a rumour(on a rugby podcast) there had been talk that he didnt turn up for training or answer his phone for a while. How true it is i dont know but still if it is its a bad way to go about leaving.

Francois Venter to the other Sharks

Considering they were rumoured to be after Odendaal I wonder where he'll end up? Going to have not shortage of suitors after the way he's performed this season

Francois Venter to the other Sharks

Considering they were rumoured to be after Odendaal I wonder where he'll end up? Going to have not shortage of suitors after the way he's performed this season

Rumour is Odendaal to Glaws on Eggchasers as injury cover for Atkinson.

TBH the transfers from Wasps i can easily see happening (I can do whole squad prediction at some point, gives me something to do)

Launchbury - Quins (covers Lewies and Quins missing big lock after Symons)
Crossdale - Sarries (replace Malins)
Robson - Sarries (best friends with Daly and would fit them well)
J Willis - Irish or Bristol
T Willis - Bristol, Quins or Leicester
Barbeary - Bristol
Frost - Exeter to replace Yeandle or be 3rd choice
Oghre - Bath
Koch - France or Sharks
Odendaal - Glaws/URC
Mills - Champ
Odogwu - Irish or Bristol
Umaga - Leicester/Falcons?
Atkinson - Bristol/Leicester
Stooke - Irish to replace Aussies
Porter - Saints
Spink - Falcons
Bassett - Exeter ?
Carr - URC
Shields - NZ
McDonald - URC
Minozzi - URC
Alo - France
West - Sale
Ryan - URC
Hartley - Leic/Bristol

100% more i'm missing but thats off top of my head.

West - Sale
Isn't he a loosehead? Can't see that tbh
Umaga - Leicester/Falcons?
I'd be surprised if Tigers had him back, left under a bit of a cloud - though coaching structure is completely (I think?) new since then so maybe no bad blood with the current lot

Think we're likely to sign one of your hookers to cover Akker's injury - hopefully Cruse, but more likely Oghre

Think we're looking for a centre, too (Doherty and Luke James out until the spring, and Tuilagi away with England and likely injured soon) - though Odendaal feels like a pipe dream as he'll easily snag a fulltime deal somewhere

We need an actual 8 and a young SH tbh (though Robson would also be a good stopgap post DC).

A TH and a LH would also not go amiss

It's probably been answered before, but how do clubs manage this within the wage cap? Will they get dispensation or do loans not count as I can't imagine many clubs having enough wiggle room within their wage structure.

It's probably been answered before, but how do clubs manage this within the wage cap? Will they get dispensation or do loans not count as I can't imagine many clubs having enough wiggle room within their wage structure.
Most have been signed, so far, as injury cover - you get upto £400k to sign injury cover for long term injured player(s)
The cover has to be as close as possible in terms of position and experience level (so you can't lose an academy winger and sign Vincent Koch as replacement)

I also imagine some will have taken a reduced wage for the rest of this year just have something and then renegotiate from the start of next year.

I'd be happy with Gareth Simpson or Will Porter for the scrum half. Both are better than any of our current back ups to Care.
Porter would be great acquisition tbf. Robson would as well but doubt he will be cheap.

Robson to replace Care at the end of the season could be a good shout but right now, we need a better back up than Gjaltema.

Simpson or Porter would be great for that and might even be good enough to replace Care as the starting 9 when he hangs up his boots. I'm not saying either is on the same level as Care, but they both suit our style of play. I think Simpson in particular has shone in a struggling side and I think he could be very good with better players around him.

Simpson or Porter would be great for that and might even be good enough to replace Care as the starting 9 when he hangs up his boots. I'm not saying either is on the same level as Care, but they both suit our style of play. I think Simpson in particular has shone in a struggling side and I think he could be very good with better players around him.
Simpson as in Joe Simpson?

Edit: ignore me, forgot Wuss had a 9 called Simpson also

Robson to replace Care at the end of the season could be a good shout but right now, we need a better back up than Gjaltema.

I can imagine if we go down to the champ, we will try and hold onto Porter.

TBH it sounds like a lot of lads want to stay if we are in the champ and can figure out budgeting/finances. I'm trying to get a true estimate on our finances and debt etc. £100m has been thrown about but depending on the sale of the stadium etc, there's a lot of confusion.

Latest posts