• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022-23 Kit Updates

Thinking of re-designing the minikits in the menu, the design on the left is much easier to create from Blender, the design on the right is the existing one and has to be custom-made.

Untitled.png

Or there's this which is more like the ones from default R08 but it loses some of the detail:

Untitled.png

Thinking of re-designing the minikits in the menu, the design on the left is much easier to create from Blender, the design on the right is the existing one and has to be custom-made.

View attachment 16472

Or there's this which is more like the ones from default R08 but it loses some of the detail:

View attachment 16474
I haven't seen the original Rugby 08 style in a while. Both designs looks great

New release on Github, 1.36, finally got around to completing the Australia SR away kits, plus also updated the NZ SR kits as well with new logos and a slight new design for them. I decided to use the shirt+shorts menu design for the new kit icons in the selection menu, here's some examples:

kit icons.png

Some other small kit updates (Toulouse and Montpellier from what I remember), plus the usual stadium updates and other small stuff. Also included all the custom player heads that I have and a roster file for them (22 roster). Files available here:

https://github.com/jimw546/jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff/releases

New release on Github, 1.36, finally got around to completing the Australia SR away kits, plus also updated the NZ SR kits as well with new logos and a slight new design for them. I decided to use the shirt+shorts menu design for the new kit icons in the selection menu, here's some examples:

View attachment 16531

Some other small kit updates (Toulouse and Montpellier from what I remember), plus the usual stadium updates and other small stuff. Also included all the custom player heads that I have and a roster file for them (22 roster). Files available here:

https://github.com/jimw546/jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff/releases
You are a legend. Great update.

Can anyone find better photos of Drua's new away kit? All the shop previews are angled so I can't make out the full pattern on front or back, and having trouble finding good match photos as well.

Can anyone find better photos of Drua's new away kit? All the shop previews are angled so I can't make out the full pattern on front or back, and having trouble finding good match photos as well.
Jim we appreciate all the work you constantly do for us as fans thank you 🙏🏽 , what I wanted to ask is are you going to add new boots in the future also

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4969.jpeg
    IMG_4969.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4970.jpeg
    IMG_4970.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4971.jpeg
    IMG_4971.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
The Barbarians are playing a World XV side on 28th May, here's kits for both teams, Baabaa's replaces North Allstars, WXV replaces South Allstars (rosters not included).

baba.png minikit new.png

Attachments

• Barbarians & World XV.zip
    3 MB · Views: 44
An extra thing I've done is new adboards, mostly for northern hemisphere teams. Added them in a zip below, includes England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, also some old ones for NZ. Need help to work out which ads to use for the TRC teams, as the adverts are on a per-stadium not per-team basis so they would need to work with the clubs AND national sides.

eng.png fra.png eng 2.png ire.png sco.png nz.png

Attachments

• Adboards.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
An extra thing I've done is new adboards, mostly for northern hemisphere teams. Added them in a zip below, includes England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, also some old ones for NZ. Need help to work out which ads to use for the TRC teams, as the adverts are on a per-stadium not per-team basis so they would need to work with the clubs AND national sides.

View attachment 16686 View attachment 16687 View attachment 16688 View attachment 16689 View attachment 16690 View attachment 16691

Love your work mate! In terms of Australian stadiums, you could probably get away with Stan Sport, Cadbury & Harvey Norman.

Thanks for your wonderfull work ! I've the latest version of your roster Jim but my WL save have been corrupted in the 5th or 6th week in the 2nde season. The game crashes during loading before the match.This problem began a the end of first season, i had to copy the original save to have a new, the new was ok. I've repeat 2 or 3 times this process trying to keep my save alive when it happen again. It seems that don't work anymore. Obviously my save is dead but do you have any solutions to fix it or maybe to restaure the save? ^^

my WL save have been corrupted in the 5th or 6th week in the 2nde season.
Unfortunately it's difficult to analyse this. What team are you playing against when the game crashes? Is it always the same team? Can you use Woosah's editor to check their roster for any broken players?

Whilst I keep tinkering with the game I've found the file which contains the positions of the pitch logos used in tournaments etc. I've used it to add a try-zone logo to the pitch (still need to work on scaling etc):

Untitled.png

It's a tiny detail but adds a bit more realism. Unfortunately I don't know how to switch it on/off in different games and tournaments. I've used the 6 Nations tournament for the above because I know they're included, and Argentina seem to always have them at their stadium in exhibition mode but I don't know why.

Whilst I keep tinkering with the game I've found the file which contains the positions of the pitch logos used in tournaments etc. I've used it to add a try-zone logo to the pitch (still need to work on scaling etc):

View attachment 16719

It's a tiny detail but adds a bit more realism. Unfortunately I don't know how to switch it on/off in different games and tournaments. I've used the 6 Nations tournament for the above because I know they're included, and Argentina seem to always have them at their stadium in exhibition mode but I don't know why.

Love this, I remember many years ago I tried to add the reds logo onto the field markings that they used to do but was in the too hard basket for everyone. Great to see the stuff you're pumping out!

More examples, I've settled on making a huge texture zone in the try-area for more flexibility and fixing the other logos aspects to make them easier to mod:

dd.png aa.png ee.png bb.png cc.png

The problem with this is it uses an extra texture slot, so it won't be compatible with base-game textures or old mods or you'll get a huge "no texture" patch on the field.

More examples, I've settled on making a huge texture zone in the try-area for more flexibility and fixing the other logos aspects to make them easier to mod:

View attachment 16744 View attachment 16745 View attachment 16748 View attachment 16746 View attachment 16747

The problem with this is it uses an extra texture slot, so it won't be compatible with base-game textures or old mods or you'll get a huge "no texture" patch on the field.
I dont know how to say how much I appreciate what you are doing for this game. Thank you

Latest posts