• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 5) - Argentina V South Africa (17/9/2022)

Boks really don't want to win. Good play from the argies

Crazy swingy game. Sheesh! A BP win in Argentina is nothing to sneeze at. Could just as easily have been a L.

Now we either need Aus to do us a favor or win BIG in SA. Two big ifs but not unthinkable.

World Rugby needs to ban southern hemisphere refs until they get their act together. What a mess.

Crazy swingy game. Sheesh! A BP win in Argentina is nothing to sneeze at. Could just as easily have been a L.

Now we either need Aus to do us a favor or win BIG in SA. Two big ifs but not unthinkable.

I think we need even less than that. Either we need a BP win, with NZ winning without one, or win with a PD of 15-20 if NZ wins by a close margin again… or we need a massive BP win if NZ smash Australia. We will at least know what we need to do before kick off.

I picked the wrong side, but it was an entertaining match nonetheless. I don't have a dog in these fights, but I really enjoy The Rugby Championship. 👊

Last edited:
Who was MOTM? Marx? I'm so glad he is playing 80 minutes and starting. I have waited two years for these coaches to see the light. He is the best in the world.

World Rugby needs to ban southern hemisphere refs until they get their act together. What a mess.
The TMO basically reffed the match lol. That yellow on Kwagga and a penalty try was WTF.

I didn't have an issue with the refereeing. Sure, I felt a few calls were on the harsh side. You wouldn't question Kwagga not getting a yellow and that being a try saving tackle. And as far as I understand it De Jager did have a try and that is a 14 point swing right there But the feeling I got was it was constant for both sides in the match and that is all I ask for.

I didn't have an issue with the refereeing.
Neither did I. Other than the flat/fwd pass on our try. Even in that case the evidence was not what i would call compelling so if the request was based on 'onfield decision try' i can still understand the call. I wouldnt like it if the jerseys were reversed but i'd understand it.

The NH refs in the URC were even more atrocious, it's fair game at the moment. Only a very small minority of refs who do not disappoint the majority of people. I kind off hope that the introduction of South Africa opinion in the Referee boardrooms of the URC will push a positive change In mindset. Not even claiming they are better, but surely a more diverse set of opinions from referee managers can only be a good thing.

I loved the good turnout at the game, well done Argentina, they are pumping out much bigger crowds than Australia at this point, which will translate into more participation in the long term and consequently better results. Nothing but respect for Argentina. I have always had a soft spot for this Argentina team, not just sharing so many similarities but also our close history which has always been very cordial and respectful. Long may it last.

Last edited:
I happily concede a ban on all Aussie refs in exchange for all French refs being banned.
We don't agree on many things me and you, but this is one thing I will happily agree with. Not that I had a problem with this ref really. just don't ever want French refs again, I cant understand their interpretations.

There goes our third flyhalf ...
It's alright. Your coach was quoted last week as saying Faf has had some experience at 10. :p

I'm really not sure why Libbok or even J. Hendrikse haven't been blooded to provide some emergency depth.

It's alright. Your coach was quoted last week as saying Faf has had some experience at 10. :p

I'm really not sure why Libbok or even J. Hendrikse haven't been blooded to provide some emergency depth.
Haha please spare us faf as our flyhalf!! Jordan I won't mind. Libbok don't fit the bok gameplan that is wjy he failed at both the Bulls and Sharks

Latest posts