[2023 Six Nations] England Squad

The Telegraph pod were toying with,

4) Hill
5) Chessum
6) Mario
7) Willis
8) Ludlum.

They gave the world Shane Warne to be fair, we'd struggle to win against that
Where's your 2005 spirit? Mind you we did have the King of Spain on our side.

Times writers have officially gone loopy after the France game. 3 of them have named teams for Ire…..

They all agree with a front 5 with Hill replacing Chessum.

Willis is the only back rower to appear in all 3. Chessum gets a couple of votes at 6.

Mitchell wins 2:1 over JVP.

Midfield's really where you need the men in white coats:

Smith, Earl (sic), Marchant (yep, that was Barnes….).

Ford, Farrell, Tuilagi

Farrell, Tuilagi, Slade

All agree on a back 3 of Watson, Malins and Steward.

It shouldn't be this, but I think the midfield of Ford, Farrell and Tuilagi might be the most likely.

Up front I really don't know. We're neither going to outplay nor outmuscle Ire. But we were blown away by Fra so I can see the temptation to move Chessum to 6. I might be tempted by Ribbans over Hill, but all much of a muchness between them and Isiekwe. I could see Earl being involved somewhere for this, maybe from the bench.

I'd switch Mitchell for JVP and do nothing else. Can't chop and change every game. I think our issues are not selection.
Lawrence is out so there has to be at least one change in midfield. Straight swap would be Manu at 12, but after the French debacle I can't see any way that Farrell won't start somewhere and it's pretty clear that him and Smith don't work. So…..

Lawrence is out so there has to be at least one change in midfield. Straight swap would be Manu at 12, but after the French debacle I can't see any way that Farrell won't start somewhere and it's pretty clear that him and Smith don't work. So…..
Yeah I'd go for the straight swap, its maddening were swapping on key positions and therefore gameplan game on game.

Completely concur, it's tactics, fitness and mindset
Sorry for the tangent. Your post made me remember I worked with a guy years ago who'd shout "Concur" loudly across the office every time someone said something he agreed with. He had issues.

Everyone called him William. As in William The Concurer.

Look Owen Farrell is three time nominee and two time European Player of Year

The bar is very low.
We have very short memories. Farrel was very good at one point. His kicking and passing out of hand circa 14-19 was right up their. As was his place kicking. He is also a three time European cup winner
I agree that Farrel 19-23 is a very poor imitation of his former self and has not deserved his spot in the squad for the last two years

Latest posts