• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England Squad

I think the people who were already there may have a thing or 2 to say about that - especially given their "recent" history
Pretty sure they weren't a nation called Australia full of convicts before we arrived.

And then there were 30

Chessum injured so Fartin called up to replace him
Would be tempted to chuck him straight in to start tbh - maybe at 6

Out:
Chessum,
Collier,
Earl,
Freeman,
Murley,
Porter,
Youngs

In:
Fartin George Martin

Last edited:
Is this a case of giving the same players one last chance to prove themselves...I doubt it tbh. I think Borthwick will stick with the core of EJ's side so he can continue his, we aren't good at anything line and then he has a scapegoat in November. He can start fresh after and be 100% responsible then.

It seems the ability to take a joke is lost on some people... It was in response to the good things England gave the world, so Australia being a bad thing we have to balance it out but whoosh, there goes any sense of humour.
Thing is, a joke needs to be funny. You might find that works better

Thing is, a joke needs to be funny. You might find that works better
200w.gif

Chessum joins Lawes in the mangled in training club. Honestly…..

Pity, he'd been one of the few bright spots. Likely to be 'a lengthy spell out of action' with an ankle problem.

It seems the ability to take a joke is lost on some people... It was in response to the good things England gave the world, so Australia being a bad thing we have to balance it out but whoosh, there goes any sense of humour.
Unfortunately as an Asperger's sufferer I don't see anything remotely that makes it a joke

Jesus wept, lighten up. It was clearly a joke.

Back to the rugby, I hate to say this but was EJ right about all the form players in the prem? OHC, earl, Dombrant all shown not to cut it at international level or do we just have a really poor core of players that needs to be replaced so skilled players like those can slot in.

Think that's harsh on Earl, who barely got a sniff and looked decent in his few minutes
Tough to judge OHC in our mess of a backline as well - especially when every move we did seemed to be directed towards Malins' wing
Dombrandt I agree on - just hadn't had the physical impact required, and his hands have been really poor at times

Do you play Martin at 6 due to his inexperience...or move him to his new probably permanent role of lock?

I'd start him at 6 (with Ludlam at 8), but I think Borthwick will probably have him on the bench and bring him on for Ludlam (like he did with Isiekwe before)

Ribbans vs Hill vs Isiekwe will be an interesting battle - which starts and which benches?
I'd go Ribbans start and Isiekwe bench, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is there - he's played well the last two rounds for us (Sanderson reckons his game vs Sarries was his best in a Sale shirt) and Borthwick seems reluctant to play either of Ribbans/Isiekwe to any real extent so not like they've credit in the bank

Latest posts