• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England Squad

With Tigers losing Chessum for the rest of the season and Sale losing Wiese for the rest of the season I wonder if either will try and bring in Launchbury for the playoff run?
Top League regular season ends in like 4 weeks and there's a chance his side won't make the playoffs (and if they do they'll likely be knocked out in the semis, looking at their current form) - if he's serious about wanting to make a push for the RWC squad you'd think his agent would be trying to get him game time in Europe as soon as his Japanese season ends

With Tigers losing Chessum for the rest of the season and Sale losing Wiese for the rest of the season I wonder if either will try and bring in Launchbury for the playoff run?
Top League regular season ends in like 4 weeks and there's a chance his side won't make the playoffs (and if they do they'll likely be knocked out in the semis, looking at their current form) - if he's serious about wanting to make a push for the RWC squad you'd think his agent would be trying to get him game time in Europe as soon as his Japanese season ends

Would Tigers or Sale really want to use that cap on someone for just for a couple games.
Considering the Top league last game is April 23rd, both teams would only get him for what 3 games at most.

Tigers are after a lock though but they are wanting the player to be signed up by Wednesday so they can be registered for Europe.
Granted Tigers are also missing Green on top of Chessum so it's a bit more serious in terms of depth.

**** it i'm gonna say - George Kruis to Leicester Tigers

Would the Tigers risk one of the kids...Lewis Chessum or Carmichaelor is it experience they need?

**** it i'm gonna say - George Kruis to Leicester Tigers
Not old enough

Borthwick to Tigers?

Would Tigers or Sale really want to use that cap on someone for just for a couple games.
Injury dispensation - I'd take Launchbury for the playoffs tbh,

Was more thinking out loud rather than a serious suggestion - I think if he does crop up it'll be at Quins if they lose a forward (I imagine he'll get stuck in training with them as soon as he's back in the UK)

Not old enough

Borthwick to Tigers?

Injury dispensation - I'd take Launchbury for the playoffs tbh,

Was more thinking out loud rather than a serious suggestion - I think if he does crop up it'll be at Quins if they lose a forward (I imagine he'll get stuck in training with them as soon as he's back in the UK)

Trouble with Launchbury as a injury dispensation is what are the odds he gets injured before even arriving

Bringing this over from the Transfers Rumours thread.

Wing is one place we have quality in abundance. Ben Loader to start with looking a good replacement at the moment,

Sorry for getting nit picky, but it's one position where we have some potential. No more at this stage.

Watson's proven. So's May and if he can get back to anything like and both can stay fit then there are your 2 RWC starters.

After that both positions could be up for grabs and there's not really anyone who's made even a fairly convincing case for succession. Malins has just been dropped by a 2nd consecutive coach. Arundell has all the potential in the world, but is still wet behind the ears and his few senior starts have been at FB (bar, er Ire…..). Nowell has the broader game but not the gas and is off to Fra anyhow. OHC got canned and Coka's seemingly out of the picture. Marchant's a centre really and off to Fra too. Daly's an option I guess although I'd rather see him at 13.

Radwan's been unlucky in my book but also unproven at this level. Loader's now getting some good press but we have no idea how that might translate to the bigger stage either. There are others too, but no-one has really screamed over a consistent period that the shirt must be theirs.

I've always been a fan of serious gas, but watching Hansen and Lowe for Ire does make you rethink that a bit. Then again they tend to get the ball in their hands a bit more than our guys…..

Now OHC is going to Tigers, he's a shoo in, surely..?

Murley looked really good against Sarries; surprised he's not first name on the teamsheet...

May will never hit the heights again...time to move on.

Watson is 1st choice as long as he can stay fit and in form. Loader has been on the horizons for a nubmer of years...only hes had injury issues. Hes playing well now though.

Cokasaniga is proven...just needs to get back to his explosive best. A summer with the Tigers coach could well do that.

Then you have Murley playing outstandingly well for a number of seasons now...why hes not even been tried is an absolute mystery to me.

Radwan is Radwan....hes either given a shot or just forget about him. I suspect he'll be forgotten about.

And theres always...Elliott Daly! Playing some top class rugby...and when he was on the wing we did play some great rugby. Id rather him over malins any day of the week!

I'm a big Murley fan but Malins was superb this weekend,
Not saying he should be starting for England but on merit he's definitely in the mix

Cokasaniga is proven...just needs to get back to his explosive best. A summer with the Tigers coach could well do that.
He is? He's had the impressive odd moment at international level but has he ever really shone against Tier 1 opposition? Maybe my memory is too short but I'm struggling to think beyond his 1 try against Australia.

Even at his best there were plenty of question marks around his defence.

Bringing this over from the Transfers Rumours thread.

Sorry for getting nit picky, but it's one position where we have some potential. No more at this stage.

Watson's proven. So's May and if he can get back to anything like and both can stay fit then there are your 2 RWC starters.

After that both positions could be up for grabs and there's not really anyone who's made even a fairly convincing case for succession. Malins has just been dropped by a 2nd consecutive coach. Arundell has all the potential in the world, but is still wet behind the ears and his few senior starts have been at FB (bar, er Ire…..). Nowell has the broader game but not the gas and is off to Fra anyhow. OHC got canned and Coka's seemingly out of the picture. Marchant's a centre really and off to Fra too. Daly's an option I guess although I'd rather see him at 13.

Radwan's been unlucky in my book but also unproven at this level. Loader's now getting some good press but we have no idea how that might translate to the bigger stage either. There are others too, but no-one has really screamed over a consistent period that the shirt must be theirs.

I've always been a fan of serious gas, but watching Hansen and Lowe for Ire does make you rethink that a bit. Then again they tend to get the ball in their hands a bit more than our guys…..
Dont forget Freeman, id say Murley and Freeman both in the mix post world cup.

Also its not about getting the ball into their hands its about getting the ball into their hands in space. If your centres arnt creating space your wings can look average.

Arundell i want to come good and show his skill at this level but for me he is more of an attacking FB that can play wing, than an out and out winger.

I would say Cokasaniga is proven. In 12 games hes scored 8 tries, 4 of which are against tier one nations. Injury and off field trouble has been his biggest opponent...but if he can get back to his fittest and most powerful...then i think he would be very high up the selection chat.

I would say Cokasaniga is proven. In 12 games hes scored 8 tries, 4 of which are against tier one nations. Injury and off field trouble has been his biggest opponent...but if he can get back to his fittest and most powerful...then i think he would be very high up the selection chat.
Plus he quite often came into the centre to run a hard hitting centres line. He's the most powerful of our wingers and seems to be a guy who fully utilises it.

On a similar line....I'm seeing an awful lot of people banging the drum for Freddie Steward to move to 12?

Anyone else seen this.. and whats your thoughts?

Latest posts