• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England v France 11 March 2023. Kickoff 16:45

Ruck is saying Genge will captain the side if Farrell is benched…….but they're also saying Youngs is on the bench and he's not even in the squad :rolleyes:

Ruck is saying Genge will captain the side if Farrell is benched…….but they're also saying Youngs is on the bench and he's not even in the squad :rolleyes:
He probably is on the bench, in training to rest his tired old body and eat some jelly beans.

The Times and Telegraph all stating Smith to start.

Smith to start is fine but will likely mean Farrell at 12 so what the point in getting excited literally the worst combination.
I just dont think SB would do Smith Faz anymore unless there were an injury to Lawrence. Id actually hope for Mitchell Smith Watson Lawrence Slade Malins Steward with JVP Faz Arundell on the bench. Or even risk Arundell for Malins but thats a real risk.

I just dont think SB would do Smith Faz anymore unless there were an injury to Lawrence. Id actually hope for Mitchell Smith Watson Lawrence Slade Malins Steward with JVP Faz Arundell on the bench. Or even risk Arundell for Malins but thats a real risk.
Why Mitchell to start over JVP, out of interest?

Wonder how big a loss the 2 tightheads will be for France.
I wanna know what happened to Bamba. Currently playing for Lyon but hasn't played for France for 3 years. Due a recall?

Why Mitchell to start over JVP, out of interest?
Because Both times Mitchell has come on he has had a hand in setting up a try, we know JVP is good but Mitchell deserves a chance to start IMO. Also Mitchell Smith i want to see if it works as in they complement each other or they dont given they both play a running game.

I rate JVP and think he is the WC starter but Mitchell needs real gametime.

JVP Faz comes on together there is already that familiarity built from the first 3 games to control the last 20.

Because Both times Mitchell has come on he has had a hand in setting up a try, we know JVP is good but Mitchell deserves a chance to start IMO. Also Mitchell Smith i want to see if it works as in they complement each other or they dont given they both play a running game.

I rate JVP and think he is the WC starter but Mitchell needs real gametime.

JVP Faz comes on together there is already that familiarity built from the first 3 games to control the last 20.
Both pairs work well as pairs, but would not work with each other.

Both pairs work well as pairs, but would not work with each other.
Sorry can you clarify what you mean? Do you mean keep JVP Faz, Mitchell Smith? And dont mix them because they wouldnt work?

Latest posts