• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

Also you're at a completely different level of **** than we are at the moment. Hopefully your BDE lasts longer against Italy than it did today.
Hello again. Congratulations on being on a slightly higher **** level than us. Beating us by 10 points at home with a very generous 7 points that any ref would've given as held up.

When Italy beat us by 20 next week this 10 point win will seem pretty bad

That's the worst welsh team since pre gatland era. They are in a proper transition period and yesterdays game was one of the flattest wales England games I can remember

Hello again. Congratulations on being on a slightly higher **** level than us. Beating us by 10 points at home with a very generous 7 points that any ref would've given as held up.

When Italy beat us by 20 next week this 10 point win will seem pretty bad
Not sure how you make this statement the ref is privy to live views he uniquely sees, if he without a doubt sees it grounded why would he say it's held up? I have no reason to think he didn't and genuinely wouldn't feel different the other way around, let's not forget OF left plenty of points out there, Wales were gifted their try, I don't think anyone here from England is particularly happy with the performance but then there is just making snipes for the sake of it.

Not sure how you make this statement the ref is privy to live views he uniquely sees, if he without a doubt sees it grounded why would he say it's held up? I have no reason to think he didn't and genuinely wouldn't feel different the other way around, let's not forget OF left plenty of points out there, Wales were gifted their try, I don't think anyone here from England is particularly happy with the performance but then there is just making snipes for the sake of it.
I can't be arsed to argue it. The replay not only showed no grounding but, more importantly, shows that Raynal was in a terrible position as well. Made no difference to the result but I feel most English would say that was a generous try

Not as dire from Wales as the previous two matches, but then England are hardly in a golden period themselves.
In the first half against Scotland we played significantly better than yesterday. For me, we were as bad as I've seen us yesterday. We lost against a poor side with England leaving 10 points on the field. Italy will beat us in Rome of they play like they have done in every second half so far by 10.

In the first half against Scotland we played significantly better than yesterday. For me, we were as bad as I've seen us yesterday. We lost against a poor side with England leaving 10 points on the field. Italy will beat us in Rome of they play like they have done in every second half so far by 10.
Agree with that. There appears to be this narrative that Wales battled well and kept it close, but as you say England left 10 points out there and gifted Wales 10 points. That could have easily been a 30-3 loss, and that's despite England being pretty poor themselves.

The only positives to take out of that game are that some of the youngsters don't look out of place at this level. It's something I suppose, but there's tons to fix and improve before the WC and only a handful of games left to do so = no chance.

I can't be arsed to argue it. The replay not only showed no grounding but, more importantly, shows that Raynal was in a terrible position as well. Made no difference to the result but I feel most English would say that was a generous try
I am yet to see a replay that definitively shows it as held up, I wouldn't be overly fussed either way seen them given and not given plenty over the years, I can think of far more controversial scores than that cross field pens whilst England are discussing discipline, quick line out takes vs Ireland using a different ball as a couple instantly coming to mind. But in general it wasn't decisive and neither teams will be happy with their performance. Wales need to get some selection changes in asap and stop flip flopping personnel, at-least giving lots of caps to youngsters (even if whilst losing) they are building to the future.

You know Welsh rugby is in a bad place when this thread hasn't turned to virtual **** slinging and very nuanced nationalistic hatred that's hard for anyone else to understand because you're pretty much the same country...

Pretty dire game of rugby yesterday, felt like a match from 10 years ago. Watson should have earned his start though, I like that, he's cool.

You know Welsh rugby is in a bad place when this thread hasn't turned to virtual **** slinging and very nuanced nationalistic hatred that's hard for anyone else to understand because you're pretty much the same country...

Pretty dire game of rugby yesterday, felt like a match from 10 years ago. Watson should have earned his start though, I like that, he's cool.
I wonder what Alpha's up to?

I am yet to see a replay that definitively shows it as held up, I wouldn't be overly fussed either way seen them given and not given plenty over the years, I can think of far more controversial scores than that cross field pens whilst England are discussing discipline, quick line out takes vs Ireland using a different ball as a couple instantly coming to mind. But in general it wasn't decisive and neither teams will be happy with their performance. Wales need to get some selection changes in asap and stop flip flopping personnel, at-least giving lots of caps to youngsters (even if whilst losing) they are building to the future.
Oh yeah, far more controversial than that over the years plus the fact we were useless yesterday so even if had not been given and we kept it a 3 po t game who cares. We were outclassed by one of the worse England performances I've seen in years.

10 years ago Leigh halfpenny could catch a ball*

*high ball, ability to catch passes always been suspect

10 years ago Leigh Halfpenny had a better turn of pace than Dan Cole
I can't remember the game but I distinctly remember him sliding on the ground to catch a ball in traffic and making a break it was defiantly one for the highlight reel, probably not stand out by skill levels and standards now but for its time it was exceptional.

Latest posts