• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Wales vs England - 25 February 2023

Football is very different from Rugby. Kids in the backline is ok if they're good enough, but too many kids up front and good sides will take them apart.

Football is very different from Rugby. Kids in the backline is ok if they're good enough, but too many kids up front and good sides will take them apart.
Agree totally about the forwards. The kicking tactics, the uneasy game from O Williams and the fact we were getting hammered at the breakdown didn't really give the backs much chance. Thought Hawkins had a much better game against Ireland for that reason.

But not as though the old ones are any good anymore.

Yes but sometime soon the old guard needs replacing worse for Wales it is all at same time for a good number in key areas.
2,5, 7,8,10,14,15.

Thought Lawrence largely went OK again. He at least brings a bit of energy and aggression.

On Farrell. I doubt Borthwick will change horses this side of the RWC, but if he does I suspect it will be in favour of Ford. Which I'd be fine with if he's given a bit of licence to mix up his game.

The starting pack were fine, Lawrence still decent, Steward was Steward (not motm for me, but then who?), one kick aside JvP was still an upgrade on Youngs. It was when the ball got past 9 that we were shunt. Back three only got the ball from Welsh kicks as per.

The bench is just baffling. I can't understand it at all.

England poor Wales terrible

Farrel is a massive problem, all of our attacks stop dead with him. Borthwick's daft decision to make him captain makes him impossible to drop as starting FH.
We need an injection of pace in the backs. I don't believe you can play Malins and Steward in same back three. It's one or the other.
Lawrence did well as did the whole back row. Works so much better than having a lock at 6. The scum was poor from England. I'm yet to be convinced by JVP at SH he needs to snipe a bit more for me. Mitchell adds pace and whilst I wouldn't start him needs to be given more time.

Probably as excited as I'd be to have France at home in 2 weeks haha.
Yeah but we've actually won two games of rugby so should pretty safe from the wooden spoon. Which isn't saying a lot but says something.

For England for the most part I'm happy Borthwick need to learn how to use his bench and Farrell is 100% the problem. Still I do think we are going in the right direction from where we were. It's just not happening as quick as I'd like.