• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023 U20 World Championships

So under law it should be a ruck.

But I think other players could be an issue.

I actually think they get this wrong. They just formed a ruck.

How's it a ruck if there's no tackle? They placed the ball before contact no?

No idea how the ref missed that in real time. Tuilagi was also obstructing next phase anyway.

Decent half, but we've looked the weaker team. To have a chance we need to sort the lineout and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with kicks on the full etc. French 9 is an unbelievable player. He's so good at attacking the pillars when they're not fully in position, which means line break or lazy running penalty.

The picture has a tackle completed and I can't read.

I'd argue the contact wasn't over the ball anyway.
Rucks happen over tripped players or mauls that have collapsed but the ball has hit the deck all the time.

If you go back to Tom brown's days, rucking up and down the field was the primary mode of play.

Little inconsistent with the players retreating on a kick there...

Went through the rosters and it seems most the French team plays in top 14 or d2 getting semi-regular minutes. Ireland only has a couple getting URC time. I'd imagine playing senior rugby is a big boost but the Irish players will figure things out once they get to the next level.

Wow France have a consistent pool of genuine talent coming through, felt for the Irish lads they just couldn't get any real go forward, didn't deserve that margin of defeat.

It was a final between a team that can't get out of the frame against a team that practice organisation in the desorganisation.

About the tournament, I've been impressed by the overall level of all that young boys during the competition.

Will be interesting to see which side of the scum Paddy McCarthy settles at in senior rugby. Think him, Quinn and Gleeson are the ones we'll see have an impact at senior level earliest.

Hopeful Gunne can finally be a good Leinster produced 9, Prendergast needs to develop more of a running game but has a lot of the attributes if he can put it all together.

Will be interesting to see which side of the scum Paddy McCarthy settles at in senior rugby. Think him, Quinn and Gleeson are the ones we'll see have an impact at senior level earliest.

Hopeful Gunne can finally be a good Leinster produced 9, Prendergast needs to develop more of a running game but has a lot of the attributes if he can put it all together.
Yeah I think those three are the standouts. Devine and McErlean will probably break through reasonably fast as well I'd say.

For me I'd probably leave McCarthy at loosehead

Yeah I think those three are the standouts. Devine and McErlean will probably break through reasonably fast as well I'd say.

For me I'd probably leave McCarthy at loosehead

I mean he's only started playing loosehead this year as far as I know. Playing there for Trinity. I do think it allows him to get around the pitch a bit more though. Not that he was exactly lacking there at tighthead.

The path to game time is a bit clearer at tighthead looking at the Leinster squad imo. Good problem to have though.

Latest posts