• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

24th March 2006

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 4 2005, 04:19 PM
I say we start a signing petition, we send it around this forum, amongst others, and then to Swordfish.

Asking for clear information upon release date, is there a danger of non release at all, and get it out NOW!
The guys from Swordfish have been great to everyone on this forum, and given them all the information. Without them you would all be totally in the dark about this game.

Stop going on and on and confirming release dates and giving more info, the stuff you've received so far is a priviledge, not a right.

So it now looks as though it'll be released on the 24th of March, 2006.

And the 6 Nations Tournament ends on the 18th of March, 2006.

This is beyond retarded. This is fooqt.

and surely easports rugby game will be coming out soon then............
none of this adds up

This is all very strange... and worrying!

Play.com says

Rugby Challenge 2006
Due for release on 25/11/2005

Game.uk.com says

Rugby Challenge 2006
Availability: Preorder - 11-Nov-2005

Gamespot.com says

Game: Rugby Challenge 2006 (XBOX)
Release Date: Q4 2005

I think I'll get my copy from Play.com....
<
<
<

Sounds like we are not the only one's who are confused.

I hope this game is worth the wait, I would just love to play it right now.

Ummmmmm...licensed Guinness Premiership.......[Homer Simpson moment] [drool]

Paitence is a virtue

Make do with WRC or R2005

Or, if you find thir both crap, you must still have JLR

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 5 2005, 12:31 PM
Paitence is a virtue

Make do with WRC or R2005

Or, if you find thir both crap, you must still have JLR
patience is a virtue yes... i wouldnt mind waiting so that the developers could make the game better, but the game is finished.

and surely ubisoft arent so desperate as to sign away their company so that all their upcoming ***les are thrown out? i hope not.

EA are ruining the gaming industry.... They should stop taking the pussies way out and throw all of their spare change into improving their games rather than buying the opposition... Why won't anyone PLEASE think of the children!?

Anyway, I hope like hell EA aren't buying UBI, as they are a truly great publisher, and have my support for risking money on a little rugby game....

...Screw you EA, you make some great games, but you're little ******** aren't you? If I was a multi-billion dollar corporation, I would kick your ass.

....Even though this takeover thingy is just a rumour.

Originally posted by nik@Nov 4 2005, 10:54 PM
HIP may just have licenses of the game and must have handed other responsibility to Ubi
No, i think there is some joint thing. Hip were the original distributors, weren't they? Then they did a joint thing.

I doubt even if Ubi are bought out the release will be cancelled. It would be ridiculous for EA to cancel it as it is seems so good.

To be honest, I think Hip and Ubi probably did this joint thing to try and avoid being bought out by bigger companies. I wouldn't be surprised if Hip and Ubi were to merge permanently.

I think it unlikely Ubi and Hip will merge Jacko. Ubisoft are one of the largest and most successful publishers in our industry. I also think it unlikely that EA will buy Ubi in the short term, altho they do own 20% of their stock.

Anyway RC2006 would slip right under EAs radar. I see no reason why RC will not get published as expected. I think the end of November ship date looks most promising. I'm a bit confused by the Feb/March date that is being bandied around. No idea what that refers to.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 5 2005, 11:52 PM
I think it unlikely Ubi and Hip will merge Jacko. Ubisoft are one of the largest and most successful publishers in our industry. I also think it unlikely that EA will buy Ubi in the short term, altho they do own 20% of their stock.

Anyway RC2006 would slip right under EAs radar. I see no reason why RC will not get published as expected. I think the end of November ship date looks most promising. I'm a bit confused by the Feb/March date that is being bandied around. No idea what that refers to.
Thank god for that!

That is a huge relief to be honest.

...Oh, and EA, I take back what I said. I love you really.

...Only joking.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 5 2005, 11:52 PM

I'm not an insider, I don't know what's going on, but MAYBE Ubi thinks about securing SH licences before releasing the game in australia or NZ ?

When the game has been finished? What difference would it make? Plus, that's also assuming that EA didn't get exclusive rights like they did with FIFA and the NFL.

Micromania is a French game reseller store. They plan to release RC2006 for 3rd November.
I went yesterday to Micromania store and the guy said to me RC2006 has been delay to the 8th december.

Originally posted by Darhf+Nov 6 2005, 12:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darhf @ Nov 6 2005, 12:48 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Nov 5 2005, 11:52 PM
I'm not an insider, I don't know what's going on, but MAYBE Ubi thinks about securing SH licences before releasing the game in australia or NZ ? [/b]
That's a good call, if Ubi are bought out by EA would that mean they would be partners with Hip for this game? If so they may delay it to have as many SH licences as possible... and maybe the IRB licence.

You can only hope.

Latest posts