• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

30 Games limit agreement: is it working?

L'Equipe have been tracking the number of games played by internationals http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Trois-bleus-dans-le-rouge/526246

More evidence as if needed that this is not working. And it's suprising to find out that these players (among others) are not protected by the agreement: Menini, Fickou, Taofifenua, Lopez, Dumoulin, Spedding, Thomas, Atonio.......

Lopez has been in excellent form. He is a shoe in for the 6N. How come a player with his profile is not included in the 30 list?

Some of these players, if selected, could be going to the WC with more than 30 games under their belt since the agreement doesn't apply in their case. And some of them have real potential to make the WC squad based on recent selections and form in the AI.

I think the 30 group that will go to the WC could be 40% different from the one we saw in the AI and the one we'll see in 6N.

this 30-player-limit agreement was always going to go down as the following: a noble cause in principle, ambiguous in theory, and with horrific and unstable implications in practice. Fin.

this 30-player-limit agreement was always going to go down as the following: a noble cause in principle, ambiguous in theory, and with horrific and unstable implications in practice. Fin.

I remember when this came out you thought it was good. It only sounds good unfortunately. It has been served to the public in a WC year as the latest & gr8test from FFR.
It's not over till the fat lady sings mon chérie :) We're a long way from the end of the season. In fact the mess this agreement will cause will only just get more interesting next month with 6N. I didn't realise players like Lopez Fickou etc were not even covered by the agreement. This thing just gets better every time...

Last edited:
The un-protected list is suprisingly competitive. There's a solid XV in it.

Atonio Menini Taofifenua Lopez Dumoulin Thomas Spedding would make the 30 for 6N

Forestier (Castres), Tolofua (Toulouse), Menini (Toulon), Chiocci (Toulon), Atonio (La Rochelle), Taofifenua (Toulon), Ollivon (Bayonne), Kockott (Castres), Tillous-Borde (Toulon), Doussain (Toulouse), Lopez (Clermont), Plisson (Stade Français), Fickou (Toulouse), Mermoz (Toulon), Dumoulin (Racing-Métro), Palis (Castres), Bonneval (Stade Français), Guitoune (Bordeaux-Bègles), Le Bourhis (Bordeaux-Bègles), Thomas (Racing-Métro), Fall (Montpellier), Spedding (Bayonne).

I would leave out Forestier Kockott Le Bourhis Fall Bonneval Tillous-Borde Palis

I remember when this came out you thought it was good. It only sounds good unfortunately. It has been served to the public in a WC year as the latest & gr8test from FFR.
It's not over till the fat lady sings mon chérie :) We're a long way from the end of the season. In fact the mess this agreement will cause will only just get more interesting next month with 6N. I didn't realise players like Lopez Fickou etc were not even covered by the agreement. This thing just gets better every time...

was I ! I was the happiest Frenchman in all of Qatar, and not because the foie gras/champagne commande had arrived or anything. For me, a guy who saw an unstable Lièvremont leave and PSA come in and produce the 2012 EOYT, the one we smashed Australia in, and saw France winning 4 games in a row...I thought our woes were due to the unfair extra time our guys were playing when we lost our form. I was still far from grasping PSA's legendary ineptness. But obviously this plan's intentions were too good to be true/realizable so easily, and surely it would take a bigger change unfortunately on many major levels to really achieve what us France fans wanted...t'was something, at least. I'd rather something than nothing. With all the bullshiit at least our guys do get time together like the others, so at least that...

Latest posts