• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

360 hacking

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

Is there any way of doing the kind of things we do with rugby 06 on the pc to an xbox 360? (like editing kits, rosters, team names ect.)

Also I know that if you buy PES for the PC you can get downloads that fix team names and the like, can you put these patches on a 360?

I'm unsure at the moment, the 360 hasn't been out long. I think the only way to do that sort of thing is by getting a modded 360 console first.

By the way, Rugby 06 doesn't work on the 360? (well, the last time I checked)

can some1 let me know when rugby06 works on the 360?
[/b]

I'm not talking about rugby06 specifically I meant like if I get FM2007 for the 360 will I be able to add the update patches that are available online for the PC version?

i have had a go at a memory unit hack I found at http://www.360gamesaves.com/
basicly you can use someone elses saves downloaded from the site.
so im guessing itll be "plausible" that when rugby 07 for the 360 comes around, the saved rosters can be tinkered with on the pc and put back to the 360
ergcw6.jpg

its ugly but it works, I've since removed the block due to bad connections.

i have been using it mainly for madden updated rosters, yeah im too cheap to upgrade my live to gold, plus i have imported the ncaa draft classes which is grouse

i have had a go at a memory unit hack I found at http://www.360gamesaves.com/
basicly you can use someone elses saves downloaded from the site.
so im guessing itll be "plausible" that when rugby 07 for the 360 comes around, the saved rosters can be tinkered with on the pc and put back to the 360
ergcw6.jpg

its ugly but it works, I've since removed the block due to bad connections.

i have been using it mainly for madden updated rosters, yeah im too cheap to upgrade my live to gold, plus i have imported the ncaa draft classes which is grouse
[/b]

I dont quite think I want 2 go taking apart something I bought for â'¬400 this week!! What I mean is, seeing as the 360 can read pc discs can I put the FM2007 updates on to a blank disc so that it will work on the 360?

Datel Transfer Kit is worth about $15 US (no idea where to get these but im sure you could search for it) and is just like my home made one but im guessing a lot better ;)

Theres no way Im hacking my harddrive or the dvd drives firmware

</span></span>

Datel Transfer Kit is worth about $15 US (no idea where to get these but im sure you could search for it) and is just like my home made one but im guessing a lot better ;)

Theres no way Im hacking my harddrive or the dvd drives firmware

</span></span>

[/b]

I put 'datel transfer kit' into google and it sounds interesting but it sounds like its used just 2 put save files onto your computer so that you can have more saves. Well I have the harddrive so I dont need to worry about space. Hears an example of what I want:

The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion has a patch available on Xbox Live and available for download on the net. Seeing as I dont have xbox live is there any way I can get that (or any other patch) for my 360?????

i have the hdd as well and yeah, it is just for saves, but you can use other peoples saves as well

I take it the oblivion patch you're talkin about is for the 360 and from the internet rather than live itself?

apparently you can burn patches to cd and stick it in ur 360 and it should update (this is only going by the patch that lets you play old xbox games)

i have the hdd as well and yeah, it is just for saves, but you can use other peoples saves as well

I take it the oblivion patch you're talkin about is for the 360 and from the internet rather than live itself?

apparently you can burn patches to cd and stick it in ur 360 and it should update (this is only going by the patch that lets you play old xbox games)
[/b]

Yeah I am talking about off the net rather than. I was told that when I bought the 360 in the shop. But does that download have a different extension? If any one has a link for the download post it, Ill go looking for it myself now anyway

Well after about half a minutes searching I found the file, which has an XEX extension and it tells you on xbox.com how to do it, well seeing as this file is made by microsoft it doesnt mean that other files will update the 360. Id say it'd be difficult to get other updates like that because Microsoft wants everyone using Live and get the downloads there. Any ideas/opinions?

bugger, I take it theres no way for you to move the thing downstairs, just for the patch to download ie 14 inch locked away in the garage?

if no spare tv (or the one you use is too massive) what about a vga adaptor for your pc's monitor (around $40NZ)
5322.jpg

what about going wireless (really expensive plus they lag a fair bit apparently online)
xbox360_hw2_Wi-Fi.jpg

or just get a really long ethernet cable (i just saw one that was $40NZ for 20 metres)

dunno what else you could do

bugger, I take it theres no way for you to move the thing downstairs, just for the patch to download ie 14 inch locked away in the garage?

if no spare tv (or the one you use is too massive) what about a vga adaptor for your pc's monitor (around $40NZ)
5322.jpg

what about going wireless (really expensive plus they lag a fair bit apparently online)
xbox360_hw2_Wi-Fi.jpg

or just get a really long ethernet cable (i just saw one that was $40NZ for 20 metres)

dunno what else you could do
[/b]

Im not getting Live, so we're just gonna have to find out how to put 360 patches on discs so they work

well like if I can get the patch for free on the net whats the point paying for it?? Anymore ideas on this? I was thinking about changing the file extension on the oblivion update file and writing it to a cd, Ill let you know how it works out

I downloaded the Oblivion update patch last night and changed the file extension to .xex and burned that file to a cd but when I put it in my 360 it just came up 'mixed media disc' and nothing else happened. Any suggestions?

Latest posts