• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

3rd test - England vs New Zealand

Not too fussed about a lead - we need to be within 50 of the Kiwis total to give ourselves a chance of winning the match.

nicely poised match after 2 days, if nz get a few early wickets tomorrow they will be slighty on top

doesn't help losing martin after 1.5 overs though

Yeah, we are screwed with all our injuries. We should be able to put up a half decent fight, that is untill the 4th day
<

England 281-7 after an hour or so of the morning.

Thorpe given out on 45 - WRONG DECISION, another in a match which has seen one or two decisions go the wrong way.

The Thorpe decision was a shocker. Boycott pulls no punches with his commentary.

Close of play and New Zealand are 190-5 a lead of 255 going into the dreaded 4th day. They should win this one.

Anyting could happen. I was playing cricket all day myself but it sounds like the pitch is deteriorating. A bit of inspiration from Harmison and England could be batting tomorrow PM chasing 350.

If we bowl well, and pitch it up, we're still in with a chance.

I'm ceding this match though - I think the Kiwis have this one in the bag.

The only good things about the poor (and I mean POOR) decisions in giving both Thorpe and Styris out is that they evened out the bad decisions of the day.........same with the LBW appeals - both sides batsmen have been quite fortunate the umpires are not giving many out.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 13 2004, 11:15 AM
The only good things about the poor (and I mean POOR) decisions in giving both Thorpe and Styris out is that they evened out the bad decisions of the day.........same with the LBW appeals - both sides batsmen have been quite fortunate the umpires are not giving many out.
Very true.

hes gives them out when their not and not out when they look plum!

they need to be able to use the 3rd umpire for LBW's, sooner rather than later! surely its just like checking a close catch, or maybe not as kyle mills found out

Well, after skittling the Kiwis out for a small score, the umpire has brought them back into the game by giving Andrew Strauss out lbw.

It pitched outside the line and was missing anyway.

A shame - England are now 19-2 and in need of a very big partnership.

Wickets falling all over the place although again a dodgy Taufel decision over Strauss.

It wasn't dodgy, it was plainly wrong and totally incompetent.

Reminds me of Mr Thorpe's "dismissal" yesterday.

Latest posts