• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5 things you've learnt from this year's 6 nations

As could he. He gave his opinion on what New Zealands as a whole though (not underestmianting teams) and in the very next sentence said NHs sides beside Ireland were crap. As a New Zealander, that is a contradiction. It's really not difficult to understand and you have decided to get caught up in whether he is talking for himself or all of NZ, he's being a hypocrite either way! By calling all NH sides ****, he is underestimating them right after he said New Zealanders don't under estimate them.

Lol you really are a few biscuits short of a packet arent you?

It seems to be only you that thinks that I underestimated them.... Im guessing your only referring to England as the rest other than Ireland were clearly ****. England was just less ****. But Id still put all of them other than Ireland in the crap basket.

You can call that underestimating if you must.... Anyway you'll have to wait until the WC to see if im right.

Its all just an opinion and just remember I revel in someone like you getting kinked knickers over this sort of thing so continue.:rolleyes:

I agree I'm not very confident with him in defence, hence why he's on the wing and not centre. (He had those string of shambolic performances for Ireland at 13). But it's hard not to argue he's one of Ireland's most dangerous attacking threats. I'm sure @munstermuffin can enlighten us on his form this season but from what I've seen he's looked good..

he is the Billy Twelvetrees of Ireland (or 36 is the English Earls). Everytime i think/get worried he's hitting some good form i re-watch his performances in the 2009 Lions tour and sleep easier again.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is the Billy Twelvetrees of Ireland (or 36 is the English Earls). Everytime i think/get worried he's hitting some good form i re-watch his performances in the 2009 Lions tour and sleep easier again.

Aye, but Earls should never have been on that tour, he only had about two caps at that stage. 2011 RWC was probably his best time at international level, he played exclusively on the wing and was a real try scoring threat. I'd definitely have him in the WC squad and depending on who the centres are he might make my 15 or 23.

I think Earls is a competent player witha good turn of pace, but i cannot think of a single skill set where he is better than his competitors.

I think Earls is a competent player witha good turn of pace, but i cannot think of a single skill set where he is better than his competitors.

At centre, I'd agree he is not the best of his competitors in any facet of his game, apart from pace, but when moved to wing he has the quickest turn of pace, runs lines as good if not better than Bowe, his footwork is only marginally worse than Fitzgerald's, his kick chase is as effective as Zebo's and his eye for the tryline is arguably unrivalled. 12 tries in 39 matches is up there with any Irish back three player apart from Tommy Bowe and considering around 8 of those were wasted in the centre it'd be very easyto argue that Bowe and Earls have been Ireland's most potent wingers since Denis Hickie retired.

Latest posts