• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

5 years in: Old Vs New

Next Saturday? Cheapest I can see on Skyscanner is E618 that would get you to the match with no delays...
Sure thats peanuts for Dubland people lol.

What I miss on old competition was score difference even mattered. Like come the last day of pools you're ferociously studying all other pools. I know it's still kind of there but its diluted

Yep.

Arrive at Newcastle for 08:45 leave Newcastle 22:55 - £100 (Or 116 made up money)

Long ass day but not too bad.
Right, I'm not seeing that anywhere (Ryanair are totally sold out and usually the cheapest, and the travel agents are all in the region of 500-700) but I'll take your word for it. We'll see how many people pick up on it, I doubt it'll be a full house tbh.

You'd only be a day late! ;)

FFS thought it was sunday. (Used to looking like a *** so at least that isn't an issue).

If you didn't have so many bandwagon fans it wouldn't matter though.
Look at Saracens only the 10 hardcore fans and they will not affect the travel

I do agree about these second cities being chosen.

Needs to be capitals.
Whats the point in holding the comp in Newcastle when Berlin or Amsterdam could be available with massive of hotels and flights.

I do agree about these second cities being chosen.

Needs to be capitals.
Whats the point in holding the comp in Newcastle when Berlin or Amsterdam could be available with massive of hotels and flights.
They would be amazing venues, the Barcelona Top 14 final shows it can be done easy enough, they'd be proper European finals too rather than a majority of locals plus fans of the teams playing.

I'll actually be in Berlin in some awful state finding a pub to watch next week.

I don't have a problem with finals being moved to different cities but make sure they have the infrastructure to cope. Getting to Bilbao last year was a nightmare and hotels were crazily expensive. Newcastle isn't far off the same levels.

Cities with airports and hotels that can cope with big numbers of visitors need to be looked at. Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Rome.

I don't have a problem with finals being moved to different cities but make sure they have the infrastructure to cope. Getting to Bilbao last year was a nightmare and hotels were crazily expensive. Newcastle isn't far off the same levels.

Cities with airports and hotels that can cope with big numbers of visitors need to be looked at. Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Rome.
This, except not Birmingham.

I wonder if Istanbul is on the horizon in the medium term? It's a massive city with a major international airport, Turkish Airlines are a tournament sponsor and it has a great climate. Besiktas, Galatasary and Fenerbahce all play in UEFA Category 4 stadiums with capacities ranging from 40000 to over 50000.

Latest posts