• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

EA wouldn't release a sports ***le right now for only the PS3 and not the X360, there's simply too much of a market share to miss - Rugby 08 only was PS2 exclusive (console wise) as the Xbox was by that point redundant and it would have taken redevelopment from scratch to put it on the next gen machine and made it work... Anyone who's emulated Rugby 06 on their 360 will know all about those shadow problems the hardware has running the game engine.

i am not holding out for a 09 version. with one month away i doubt it very much that it would come out then.

didnt all/most of the other versions come out about march? I dont know if they were trying to push it for the start of the SH or push it for the end of the NH games who knows. but either or i think thats the best window for the game i feel.

But then again i also heard they were going to do cricket and rugby on alternate years from now on, i cant remember where i heard that though. 06 rugby 07 cricket 08 rugby 09 cricket (though havnt heard anythign about that either) 10 rugby (and doubt we will hear anything about this one for a while either)

If EA have any sense they'd wait until all comps are playing under the same rules and not different variations of them.

lol^^ they might do the old.. "new rugby 09 with new ELV's!" and thats about all they've done lol what a marnus

lol^^ they might do the old.. "new rugby 09 with new ELV's!" and thats about all they've done lol what a marnus [/b]

I wouldnt be surprised if they sticked with the old laws in 2010!

It's not like anyone ever kicked their penalties at goal in Rugby 08/06 anyway. Hands in the ruck & pulling down a maul are tactics people get away with anyway.

The only annoyance will be the crap 'tap-and-runs' EA Rugby has suffered with since the 2001 game.

It's not like anyone ever kicked their penalties at goal in Rugby 08/06 anyway. Hands in the ruck & pulling down a maul are tactics people get away with anyway.

The only annoyance will be the crap 'tap-and-runs' EA Rugby has suffered with since the 2001 game.
[/b]

I often kick at goal :blush:

Never take a tap penalty though... seriously crap aspect of the game that they need to rectify.

Hands in the ruck? Who me Sir? "Stolen by Lawrence Dallaglio" :cheers:

An impressive soundbite whenever Dayglo is standing in the loose or, even better, already subbed off the pitch...

Ok more rumblings from the EA site in the UK.

I have been working for a short time in a small ea headquarters in reading in london.I have been gone from toronto for a month so I dont know the settings the game has ended on but I do know this:

rosters have been appropriately adapted for 2008/09 season

new in-gameplay features include:
brief kicks over defensive line
modern rucking system with players receiving quicker ball depending on how much momentum they have
13 Experimental Law Variations are employed

brand new world stadiums include: Hong kong, Estadio Anoeta(alternative stadium used by Biaritz olympique for european knockout stages), Telstra Dome (Melbourne)

Impact players changed depending on present form while all impact players have been rated more accurately.[/b]
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/rugby-s...tml#post5525712 Well if this is true then it looks like they are FINALLY rewarding teams that have momentum in attack when it comes to the ruck situation.

Guys, I've taken this shot from the hb-studios games page; it doesn't seem rugby 08, to me (even though quite similar). What would you say about it?

(I hope it works, I never tried and post an image before)

Seems interesting they do add the ELVs
Brief kicks over D line.. chip kicks?

anyway nice find

No, it didn't work. Since I don't know how to post it, someone else could go to the hb-studios site ( http://www.hb-studios.com/games.php ), and wait until the banner in the upper part of the page shows a scrum with the Wallabies and the Blacks; then post it here, and comment it...

Excuse me for not being able myself.

No, it didn't work. Since I don't know how to post it, someone else could go to the hb-studios site ( http://www.hb-studios.com/games.php ), and wait until the banner in the upper part of the page shows a scrum with the Wallabies and the Blacks; then post it here, and comment it...

Excuse me for not being able myself. [/b]

That's a Northampton away shirt from Rugby 06. An oooooooooooooooooooooold screenshot.

So wait the ONLY improvements are quick ball now (long overdew) and a chip kick function which the AI will cheat to defend anyway!

Its going to be 1000 times more easier to run in tries now.

Lets just hope they get some challenging AI and a more fluid attacking system

<div class='quotemain'> No, it didn't work. Since I don't know how to post it, someone else could go to the hb-studios site ( http://www.hb-studios.com/games.php ), and wait until the banner in the upper part of the page shows a scrum with the Wallabies and the Blacks; then post it here, and comment it...

Excuse me for not being able myself. [/b]

That's a Northampton away shirt from Rugby 06. An oooooooooooooooooooooold screenshot.
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely true. It's Northampton vs Newcastle. How did I see Wallabies vs All Blacks there?
Well, you know what enthusiasm can do...

Impact players will be more accurate, but outdated and few improvements to gameplay. All other players go directly to heck and don't collect £20 on the away. ELV's will not be clear and there will be ridiculous bugs. Updated re-girgitated rosters that are out of date and resemble hardly any realism to real life.

That is what i expect of EA/HB to churn out for the next rugby game. I mean ffs they couldnt even get the rosters correct for England, of which there is no excuse for.

They wouldnt put Owen, Gerrard, Rooney and Beckham in incorrect positions in FIFA would they?

Frankly, i just think it will be another load of arse gravy.

i remember saying that if they wanted to move it to next gen consoles theyd have to completely rebuild the game so maybe theyve gone and sorted out gameplay

I want to believe EA is going to make the next rugby something totally amazing.... but past experience tells met to not get my hopes up

Latest posts