• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 7 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
An impressive soundbite whenever Dayglo is standing in the loose or, even better, already subbed off the pitch...[/b]

LOL!!!

THERE WILL BE NO RUGBY09. Sorry to break the news.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 24 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 7 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An impressive soundbite whenever Dayglo is standing in the loose or, even better, already subbed off the pitch...[/b]

LOL!!!

[/b][/quote]

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure ?
There are sources about this ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (astimas @ Aug 25 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 24 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 7 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!!!

[/b][/quote]

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure ?
There are sources about this ?
[/b][/quote]
Me feels steynboi is dribbling filth again, but we are yet to see...

I'm hoping that there'll be a 360/ps3 version out around Six Nations / Super 14 time early next year.

Would love it to come out on the Wii, since that's the only 'Next gen' console I have, would be interesting to see how they'd do the controls if it did come out on the Wii. I mean if they manage to get the controls spot on (like PES 2008 Wii did) then it could be a brilliant game.

EA is the biggest gaming company of the world. If a game is coming out soon they announce the game alot earlier. Red Alert 3 was announced this march and its for a 2009 release. EA rugby im sure wont be coming out this year unless they might do a release of the easter period but i really doubt it.

Well, EA are a huge company, although HB Studios handle the press release of information and they have at times been slow to let any info out. Nothing will come out this year, I think we can be all sure of that, but there's still hope for something next year. They have many projects in development.

Rugby 09 has been added to the list on the EA Sports Wikipedia page again. Probably just an edit though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wlshby09 @ Aug 28 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby 09 has been added to the list on the EA Sports Wikipedia page again. Probably just an edit though[/b]

its sad people doing that to start rumours.

DEVS sign agreements not to release any ANY info about the game publicly. If the game was coming out the we would heard first from a publisher not a wikipedia article. Its a fake its just to stir speculation.

About the chip kick above defensive line that someone mentioned above, you can already do that in 08. That's not a new feature...

What I'd like would be that when you play 2 players in the same team you could actually pass the ball to the other player...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 5 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
About the chip kick above defensive line that someone mentioned above, you can already do that in 08. That's not a new feature...

What I'd like would be that when you play 2 players in the same team you could actually pass the ball to the other player...[/b]

Yes but you can only do that from a set piece and its stupidly bugged aswell.

If you use the miss move and go for the chip kick and the player who does the kick does not get tackled the opposition winger will not turn around and chase and then you ll get a certain try. If the player is tackled then the opposition winger will turn around and beat your winger to the ball everytime.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StevoIRL @ Sep 5 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 5 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I'd like would be that when you play 2 players in the same team you could actually pass the ball to the other player...[/b]

If you use the miss move and go for the chip kick and the player who does the kick does not get tackled the opposition winger will not turn around and chase and then you ll get a certain try. If the player is tackled then the opposition winger will turn around and beat your winger to the ball everytime.
[/b][/quote]

With the PS2 you only have to press triangle and then direct the arrow, but then you can only do it from behind the ruck, so I get what you mean. :unsure: :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 6 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StevoIRL @ Sep 5 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 5 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

With the PS2 you only have to press triangle and then direct the arrow, but then you can only do it from behind the ruck, so I get what you mean. :unsure: :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

Thats a box kick its a completely different thing

They should do something like double-tap the up and under button and the ball carrier does a chip-kick in the direction they are running.....like Rugby Challenge's grubbers.

Got my hands on a copy of the demo for 09. It was still quite an early version of the game.

Prove it. Pics and vids or your telling porkies.

What version and is it any good?.

Latest posts