• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

i hope they make it cant wait to have another rugby game havnt been satisfied since jonah lomu

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 7 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got my hands on a copy of the demo for 09. It was still quite an early version of the game.[/b]

shut up, no you didn't your just trying to drive us insane.

Rugby 09, that is if it actually comes out better be worth the hype. All previous ***les in the EA rugby series apart from the original "Rugby" where poor. lets us hope that we will have something worth forking 40 benjamins out for.

I can imagine the first next-gen ***le of the rugby serious to be full of bugs but with the addition of XBL and PSN bugs can be updated and fixed, thats if they choose too that is. A Wii version sounds fun, would be a very difficult task configuring controls for it though.

Until I see physical proof or announcements from HB or EA then I won't let the hype get the better of me, although I am excited at the prospect of a next-gen rugby ***le, it would mean lots of work from HB and EA re-designing the games engine and hopefully a very large overhaul overall to make it a NEW ***le, not just a Fifa or Rugby rip-off from the past.

I doubt there will come out a rugby09 EA is to busy with other games like NBA

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blougeorge @ Oct 10 2008, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I doubt there will come out a rugby09 EA is to busy with other games like NBA[/b]

HB Studios were only responsible for the Wii version of NBA 09 and the PS2 and PC versions of NHL 09 and both are apparently finished. Their website updated sometime this week with this information on development progress:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HB Studios)</div>
NHL 09â"¢ has just finished, Rock Revolutionâ"¢ is close to completion and 6 other projects are in development.[/b]

So with NBA already released, NHL apparently finished and Rock Revolution not included in the tally, its likely that two of the 6 other projects are Rugby and Cricket games because they are their long running franchises (Cricket from 02, Rugby from 04).

Problem is that the chances of a next gen version of either game are slim to none based on the companys track record. They've never developed for the PS3 or the 360 and EA Sports have only assigned them PC, Wii, PSP and PS2 versions of major (NBA, NHL, FIFA Street, UEFA) franchises to work on. Personally, I don't care what they bring it out on as long as there is better ruck control/momentum, higher difficulty levels, better rosters and more fluid running.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 26 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
EA is the biggest gaming company of the world. If a game is coming out soon they announce the game alot earlier. Red Alert 3 was announced this march and its for a 2009 release. EA rugby im sure wont be coming out this year unless they might do a release of the easter period but i really doubt it.[/b]
Red Alert 3 is a massive (and I mean massive) game and was announced a lot earlier than most games, and it also comes out in less than a month, not next year.

Rugby 09 games aren't massive by any means. They're not going to sell worldwide, certainly not so much in the USA. From memory Rugby 08 was only announced a couple of months at the most before it was released. If Rugby 09 is coming out, it will be announced next year. I doubt there will be an 09, a 2010 seems more likely, but your reasons for a definitive no are stupid.

I don't think there will be a 09 version of the series. I agree with aus5892 about a 2010 version of the series. Due to their overall sales I bet it will be an every-other-year thing from here on out.

that would be good but to be honest i very much doubt it is gonna conme out at this time and if it is it will just be another lazy performance by EA letting us down again

I'm predicting a Feb-May release as they tend to come out at that time, in time for the six nations etc.

Not bothered whether its called 09 or 10 it will still be the same game, and it will probably be the same as the following ruby ***le from EA anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (presty99 @ Oct 22 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that would be good but to be honest i very much doubt it is gonna conme out at this time and if it is it will just be another lazy performance by EA letting us down again[/b]

I dont know.. I got some doubt they will release the game anytime soon..
probably the next world cup <_<

NEXT WORLD CUP FOR THE CASH GRAB
I cant see them releasing 2 rugby ***les in as many years
2010 - rugby world cup 2010
annd my god, it will be awesome online,

it wont come out in 2009. It may come out summer 2009 because if you didnt know.

EA cut alot of there sport games in the season 08/09.

They cut

Madden
Hockey
Basketball
tiger woods pga golf

f*** loads of others and decided they would only keep fifa.

so dont get hyped for it until maybe summer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 23 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it wont come out in 2009. It may come out summer 2009 because if you didnt know.

EA cut alot of there sport games in the season 08/09.

They cut

Madden
Hockey
Basketball
tiger woods pga golf

f*** loads of others and decided they would only keep fifa.

so dont get hyped for it until maybe summer.[/b]

They only cut people's jobs they are still going to produce the NBA Live, Madden, NHL series!

Latest posts