A day off and writer's block leads to this...

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by RC, Aug 9, 2007.

1. RC

RC Guest

So yeah, most of my day off consisted of my sitting in the park soaking up the rays and then playing Tomb Raider on the x-box.
    But that was in my free time. Then came "productive time". The allocated time slot in my day where i do something creatively productive to further my writing career. It's been 2 hours and 50 minutes and i have written precisely this: -

Chapter 26

To envisage a world...

It's quite poetic, but i can't go on because i'm not sure what i want to say. I don't think i even wanted to write those 4 words. Anyway getting onto the subject at hand, i was walking through my flat, tearing out my hair trying to overcome THE BLOCK when i proceeded to trip over my Vacuum Cleaner and nearly fall head first into the wall. So horrific have the past few hours been for me that i felt humiliated by the hoover getting one over on me so i proceeded to kick the poor bugger whilst shouting at it.
    It's an inanimate object, it's done nothing wrong yet i blamed it vehemently for my clumsiness.

Does any one else blame objects when this happens?
    If you stub your toe on a table leg do you swear bloody murder at the table?
    Do you threaten the objects (empty or otherwise)?
    Do you break things?
    Or do you just beat them, like i did?

I'm just curious, because i'm horrifically bored...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. DC

DC Guest

i usually blame the person who left it there, and if i find im the one who left it there its time to find a scapegoat B)

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I have a vast collection of broken PS2 pads and recently had to glue the battery pack for a 360 pad together. Figure that out for youself.

5. Oooooh writers block. I HATE it! It's foiled many a good wisecrack from myself!

6. RC

RC Guest

It's been the baine of my existence...or my day off at least.

7. melon

melon Guest

I hate it when that kind of stuff happens and I have a mobile phone/cell phone in my hand....

8. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

True story- in my younger, madder days, got into a heated argument with my ex. Took out my frustrations on our dining room table, smashing my fist down on a solid oak piece of timber. Very clever, ended up breaking my wrist, 4 fingers and a couple of knuckles in the process.

Imagine my surprise when getting home from the doctor( yeah, plaster-of-paris and all that), to find the offending dining room table in the front yard, broken into several pieces. It appears my ex thought it was the table`s fault that I fecked up my hand, so she took an axe to it. Now do the math why we eventually broke up....

9. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

She broke the axe???

10. DC

DC Guest

tell me you decapitated her

11. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Erm, DC, you`re getting too close to the truth there mate. :unsure:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!