• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Nintendo revolution in 2005?

W

Wally

Nintendo reiterated today its desire to unveil their next-generation system codenamed "Revolution" at next year's E3 Expo. Talking to reporters in Osaka, they said that they hope to be ready to show off the GameCube's successor by the annual industry-premier event in May of next year.

Nintendo President Saturo Iwata had spoken at their E3 press conference about how their next console would be a "gaming revolution" as it would offer whole new avenues of gameplay unknown to us now.

Iwata has also recently reiterated his visions of how the gaming industry could very well be on its way to a crash similar to what occured in the very early 1980's, with too much emphasis being placed on "realistic" graphics, when of course, there is going to come a point where the graphics simply cannot get anymore realistic.

It will be very interesting to see just what Nintendo will offer the industry in terms of major innovation with its new console. I can only guess that they will probably try to do something similar to what they're doing with the Nintendo DS in the handheld market.

E3 2004 only just ended, and already E3 2005 is shaping up to be huge with not only a playable "realistic" Zelda, but an unveiling of Nintendo's future in the console market as well.

Please, no knocking the GC. This is a different console.

<

Its just like last time, theyve just scrubbed the word Gamecube and replaced with Revolution

Ripper, Nintendo have been making consoles alot longer then Sony or Microsoft, they'll learn from there mistakes and move on.

The Nintendo the first i remember it wat a console not bad for da time

Originally posted by Wally@May 30 2004, 12:37 PM
Ripper, Nintendo have been making consoles alot longer then Sony or Microsoft, they'll learn from there mistakes and move on.
True, and you also have to take into account the fact that in Japan, who are by far the largest console game consumers, even ahead of the US, the GC is about even with the PS2 popularity wise, but the XBOX is so unpopular that most video and game stores will only have one row of XBOX games compared to 2 shelves each for both PS2 and GC. The XBOX generally looked down upon and treated with little respect, and this is despite the fact that it is the most powerful hardware wise.... People make fun of what a joke they think the XBOX is! When I was there last I told my japanese mate I had an XBOX (without mentioning the fact I also have PS2 or GC first) and he immediately said "what a waste of money".... Ironically I got my XBOX for free
<

cant they distant the release of there consoles....sheesh...so like every 4 years im gonna hav to fork out $3,000 just to get the latest machine wit the best graphics and the best new games and buy new controllers and memory cards and rental games and.........

Oh, Nintendo.

The biggest running joke in the gaming industry, are Nintendo consoles.

super nintendo is the 2nd best console of alltime-thank you very much

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 25 2004, 12:30 PM
Oh, Nintendo.

Uh.. Nintendo was the leading games industry until this generation. It is still the most successful.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 25 2004, 12:30 PM
Oh, Nintendo.

Did you read my post? As far as nintendo Japan is concerned the GC was a massive success... Over there the XBOX is the biggest running joke of the gaming industry...

Don't like the XBOX either Sanzar, so fear not, one of our famous rows isn't round the corner!
<

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 25 2004, 02:08 PM
Don't like the XBOX either Sanzar, so fear not, one of our famous rows isn't round the corner!
<
I wouldn't get into an argument over which I think is best because I have all 3 consoles... I was just trying to point out that the GC is pretty successful depending on which market you look at.
<

theres only one game truly worth looking out for on the gc and thats legend of zelda.......
<
cant wait

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 25 2004, 02:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 25 2004, 02:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@Jun 25 2004, 02:08 PM
<
I wouldn't get into an argument over which I think is best because I have all 3 consoles... I was just trying to point out that the GC is pretty successful depending on which market you look at.
<
[/b]
What.. the Asian market where the average person has a brain of a 2 year old?

Nintendo 64 is the best console I have ever played (played all of the major ones X-box,GC etc and i own a PS2)
Simply for the Multiplayer. My friends and i have had a great time playing what i think are the 3 best multiplayer games ever:
Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

ah yes mario kart.......yep multi-playing is diffinetly n64 best asset....mario party...wcw revenge....golden eye...various american football games.....
<

those were the days

Latest posts