• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably to do with the fact that May is a loser in his view now.and he doesn't associate with losers.

Just saw a video of orange marching loyalists trying to smash up an Irish pub they were passing in Liverpool of all places. The scum are too thick to cop they were in broad daylight in one of the most CCTV'd countries in the world and everyone has a smartphone. I don't know how they get themselves dressed without hurting themselves.
Welcome to the limelight DUP.
On Trump not wanting to come to the U.K, maybe he should focus on making sure peaceful protesters aren't beaten to **** my thugs on the payroll of a Turkish tyrant on U.S soil that you invited there instead of worrying about protesters in the U.K

Blair and Cameron have to be the worst in recent times given they have Iraq and Brexit on their respective legacies. Gordon Brown was dour but at least nothing of such a magnitude happened under his watch. He also refused to be George W's poodle.

I have a lot of respect for John Major who laid the foundations for the N Ireland peace process and took a massive hit politically for taking the UK out of the ERM which later proved to be the correct decision. Blair came along and took the glory for N Ireland.

Cameron gave us Brexit and Libya, and that was awful enough, but Tony Blair's dodgy dossier and the hunderds of thousands of dead civilians in Iraq, and the development of extremism that burgeoned from that, he takes the poisoned chalice of America's poodle and being a war criminal, he's a massive failure.
His ego is so unrestrained he was trying to make a comeback before Corbyn made his own.

Perhaps Blair could make a comeback as a Conservative, he fits the bill far better than a Labour man.

Suggestions that the DUP wish list is for Northern Ireland not to be made a 'special case' and have a soft border with the Republic of Ireland. This is because if Northern Ireland had a soft border then it is the DUPs worry that in 10, 20 or however many years it would make the case for a united Ireland easier and more appealing.

Suggestions that the DUP wish list is for Northern Ireland not to be made a 'special case' and have a soft border with the Republic of Ireland. This is because if Northern Ireland had a soft border then it is the DUPs worry that in 10, 20 or however many years it would make the case for a united Ireland easier and more appealing.
If I were Irish (my Great Grandfather was but apparently that doesn't count) I'd find being a member of republic pretty appealing right now.....are your politics as buggered as ours?

If I were Irish (my Great Grandfather was but apparently that doesn't count) I'd find being a member of republic pretty appealing right now.....are your politics as buggered as ours?
Already a Sinn Fein member because they were giving out free 1916 posters if you signed up at college, yeow.

The focus on the DUP has highlighted a few things for me.
Firstly, the DUP are a political party I knew virtually nothing about other than thre late Dr Ian Paisleym the Minister of Hate, set it up and ran it with an iron hand.
Now I know a lot more about them and for me it's an indication of what the Tories are really like that they are prepared to get into bed with them, if even its only to use them for supply and confidence.

The focus on the DUP has highlighted a few things for me.
Firstly, the DUP are a political party I knew virtually nothing about other than thre late Dr Ian Paisleym the Minister of Hate, set it up and ran it with an iron hand.
Now I know a lot more about them and for me it's an indication of what the Tories are really like that they are prepared to get into bed with them, if even its only to use them for supply and confidence.

You won't believe the amount of people at work who have asked me who the DUP are seeing as I'm from Northern Ireland.

Listening to Radio Ulster in the morning is both hilarious and horrendous because some DUP supporters are claiming an unfair bias and fake news against the DUP from UK media outlets. They say you cannot have a go at people because of their views, as in gay rights and abortion.

It looks like May might have had a quick look at the shredded remains of her own foot, and decided that there's still a little life left there, and shot it again:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/there...up-views-on-lgb-whats-the-rest-of-it-6704187/
Theresa May reportedly told backbenchers that government policy wouldn't be affected by the DUP's views on 'LGB… what's the rest of it?'.

The Prime Minister was meeting the 1922 Committee of backbenchers today amid controversy over the government's discussions with the Democratic Unionist Party of Ulster.

Not a massive deal in itself (she must deal with so many bloody acronyms in her job), just yet another - but please, if you're going to discuss an acronym to put peoples minds at rest, at least have the decency to get it right. Especially when that acronym describes a gropu of people who have traditionally been considered "lesser" and yo'ure trying to reassure them that you don't consider them "lesser" whilst making a deal with another group of people who think that former should be wiped from the face of the Earth.
It's not reassuring.

As liberal I feel it's important to note you really shouldn't have a go at someone right to dislike gay rights and abortion.

You can totally have a go at them for wanting to inflict their will on other people who have nothing to do them though.

TBF they do keep adding letters when I was at college it changed from LGB to LGBT then it was LGBT+ now they've added another letter I can't ever remember which is what the + was supposed to stop happening....

As liberal I feel it's important to note you really shouldn't have a go at someone right to dislike gay rights and abortion.

It's politics, of course you are within your rights to challenge someone else' world view.
You have even more right when they put it into their party manifesto.

TBF they do keep adding letters when I was at college it changed from LGB to LGBT then it was LGBT+ now they've added another letter I can't ever remember which is what the + was supposed to stop happening....
LGBT / LGBT+ / LGBTQ I think; though I don't particularly pretend to keep up to date with the terminology. Either way, I'm not trying to reassure the LGBT community that my deal with DUP isn't going affect them, whilst not really caring that I don't know the acronym.

Yay we won the leader who resigns first competition!

Jo Swinson will be the new one probably.

Yay we won the leader who resigns first competition!

Jo Swinson will be the new one probably.

I hope Vince Cable becomes leader. Speaks so much sense but got shafted after the coalition as he got tarred with the same brush as sell out Clegg.

They're presumably the only 2 candidates - and both approximately 5 times better options than Farron was.

How is Vince any less of a sell out? He was Business Secretary.

The sell out thing it utter nonsence though we've been held to far higher standards on one manifesto pleadge than any other party ever does. Despite being a minority partner in a coalition we enacted 80% of our manifesto in goverment.
Many of which the Tories are still claiming was their idea.

Anyway Cable is great heavyweight politician and when it comes to technical detail to brief the press on specific issues with the economy and Brexit I want him there.
But he's not a salesman and thats the foremost job of the leader is to sell your party and policies to the electorate. I don't think Cable will do that well.

I don't know where my vote is going exactly but it'll likely be Swinson, Davey or Brake. I'm hoping I'll be able to go to a hustings this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts