• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So William Ulsterman will be in a big position.

They won't be wanting Mays' hard Brexit.

You'd be surprised. Rumours are that the only request from the DUP are that NI is NOT given special status after Brexit.

"The DUP's 'price' for propping up a new Conservative government will include a promise that there would be no post-Brexit special status for Northern Ireland, the party's leader in Westminster has confirmed.

Nigel Dodds, re-elected as North Belfast MP, said that among their preconditions would be an insistence that there was no separate deal that would effectively keep the region with one foot still inside the EU.

The DUP fears that special status after Brexit – a key demand of Sinn Féin – would de-couple Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-after-shock-election-result-northern-ireland

DUP were always going to forge a link with the Conservatives due to Corbyn's links with Adams and McGuinness.

Clips of DUP leaders saying they'll take any deal to get out of Europe which suggests they'll take a hard deal.

DUP - against gay marriage, against abortion, believe the earth was make 5000 years ago, ethnics out, pro austerity, pro flegs

Last edited:
Throw your lot in with the DUP and you tango with the devil. They're dirty scum who are desperately trying to keep NI in the past and you'd struggle to find any non dinosaur who will agree. Not capable of running 30 metres without falling down and blaming it on Sinn Féin, let lone helping in running a country.

With the Tories and SNP losing seats it's a result for anti-nationalism.

The Tories scared a lot of people with their UKIP look and they destroyed the core old people vote with some ridiculous ideas.

May lost this election not so much Corbyn won it, I mean as I said before a decent Labour leader would be the prime minister today.

Well Corbyn still lost it in as much as Labour still dont have as many seats as the Tories.

Throw your lot in with the DUP and you tango with the devil. They're dirty scum who are desperately trying to keep NI in the past and you'd struggle to find any non dinosaur who will agree. Not capable of running 30 metres without falling down and blaming it on Sinn Féin, let lone helping in running a country.

Stop being jealous we all know Orange is the best fruit and colour.

Stop being jealous we all know Orange is the best fruit and colour.
The bright side is that Arlene Foster's southern counterpart is soon to be a gay half Indian Catholic so that should make her head spin.
May has a good contemporary in Foster though, as she's also too much of a spineless coward to show up for debates.

Arlene "Honestly Theresa, I'm not all that interested in Brexit but if you have a few million pounds lying around could I tempt you with wood pellets?" Dumb and dumber might be fun to watch!

Seriously eggy face for May this morning though, it's hilarious how someone could make Corbyn look charismatic!

Arlene "Honestly Theresa, I'm not all that interested in Brexit but if you have a few million pounds lying around could I tempt you with wood pellets?" Dumb and dumber might be fun to watch!

Seriously eggy face for May this morning though, it's hilarious how someone could make Corbyn look charismatic!
Have 1.60 upvotes mate!

Don't know whether to be amused or alarmed by the outcome.

FWIW my protest ended up going to the Greens, quite liked some of the principles behind their policies. Didn't make a huge difference....my constituency has been blue since 1874 and the Tory winner was a mere 24,000 ahead of the runner up last night, polling 11,000 more than the other 5 candidates combined. Time to redraw the boundaries!

Don't know whether to be amused or alarmed by the outcome.

FWIW my protest ended up going to the Greens, quite liked some of the principles behind their policies. Didn't make a huge difference....my constituency has been blue since 1874 and the Tory winner was a mere 24,000 ahead of the runner up last night, polling 11,000 more than the other 5 candidates combined. Time to redraw the boundaries!

I know the feeling, only a 17,000 lead for our local Tory.

Well Corbyn still lost it in as much as Labour still dont have as many seats as the Tories.

Exactly. Jezza's been partying like its 1999, but 55+ seats behind is still a pretty big walloping.

It's like the Lions painting Wellington red because they reduce the margin of defeat from 40 points in the first test to 20 in the second. Which may well happen. Will our scrum be strong and stable?

corbyn "it's clear who won this election"

No it isn't hence why we have no government currently.

We just have a bunch of losers TBH.

dup_zpswmqhaghi.jpg

Brexit is a poisoned chalice created by the conservatives.
Let them have it with the last poisonous gang in the political line of GB, the DUP.
They make perfect bed mates.
I can see massive social upheaval inside of 6 months.
T-May has had a taste of power and now she will do anything to keep it.
Brexit under May would be bad, but inder May and the DUP it's going to be horrendous.
Let them have it and see how it cans out.
Labour, the SNP and the LD's will come out of this smelling like roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts