• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read that they were worried about May's seat, but looking the historical results for that Constituency it's been a tory stronghold for a long old time, I can't see it happening.
I'd wet myself laughing if she lost, though.
A lot prominent tory's seem to be in trouble, Finance minister set to lose Battersea, the guy in charge of their manifesto is set to lose wherever his seat is, Rudd under fire

Labour steal the Vale of Clwyd from the Tories.
Exit polls suggested a Labour drop of 2% but they actually gained 12!

Odd.
It looks like conservative gains in Scotland from the SNP may save T May some blushes and allow a DUP coalition

Scotland voting for the Tories is crazy.

Turkeys and Christmas comes to mind.

Edit:
RIP Nick Clegg
Vince Cable retakes Twickers though

Rudd has a million recounts and wins by 300 odd :(
Tories lost 5 ministers so far though

Last edited:
Amber Rudd survives, just, she is a virus that creature.
Teresa May is going to havea difficult press interview today.
Hung Parliament looking likely.
Labour and Jeremy Corbyn has pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
Turns out Rupa Huq didn't need my vote in Ealing central and Acton, she hosed in.

So how does the exit poll look now?

Funny old thing statistics, particularly when you are generalising the results of samples to populations. It's pretty accurate as political polls go, but most polls have a big margin of error and that's why you have to look at it with massive caution!

Corbyn and Labour have done really well, and I think this is the end of May, but it creates a complicated situation. What happens next rests with Theresa as she is allowed to attempt to form gov first. Even though she could join with DUP, I believe the PM cannot step down without giving the right of first chance to form government up, and the Tory daggers may be out!

Reports saying that Boris has been phoning around to start his coup since the exit poll was released.

Anyone but that useless ******* buffoon, please.
That said he's so utterly detestable Tories might lose more votes in the inevitable re-vote.

I'd be really surprised if it went to a re-vote. I can either see a minority gov or a 'confidence and supply' deal. Not sure that the Tories will want a coalition, as I think that means DUP members in gov roles.

I think the Tories will have a majority taking out SF and the Speaker there won't be a rerun.

Places like Richmond Park and Cheltenham and non tactical voting by Labour supporters will have kept the Tory majority.

With the Tories and SNP losing seats it's a result for anti-nationalism.

The Tories scared a lot of people with their UKIP look and they destroyed the core old people vote with some ridiculous ideas.

May lost this election not so much Corbyn won it, I mean as I said before a decent Labour leader would be the prime minister today.

Sadly Tigs the Labour supporters don't see it that way.

With the Tories and SNP losing seats it's a result for anti-nationalism.

The Tories scared a lot of people with their UKIP look and they destroyed the core old people vote with some ridiculous ideas.

May lost this election not so much Corbyn won it, I mean as I said before a decent Labour leader would be the prime minister today.

It's effectively a rejection for a hard Brexit. Also in Scotland, Indyref2 has cost the SNP a lot of seats with anti independence voters switching from SNP to the Tories.

David Miliband (a far better option than his brother) is PM material IMO but Labour party rules allowing all members to vote have let in Comrade Corbyn.

Last edited:
Reports saying that Boris has been phoning around to start his coup since the exit poll was released.

Anyone but that useless ******* buffoon, please.
That said he's so utterly detestable Tories might lose more votes in the inevitable re-vote.

He is complete and utter clown. I still can't believe he is our foreign secretary. He is an embarrassment.

Jeremy Hunt is my outside bet to eventually replace May. The battle of the Jeremys could be a winner with the media.

I think the Tories will have a majority taking out SF and the Speaker there won't be a rerun.

Places like Richmond Park and Cheltenham and non tactical voting by Labour supporters will have kept the Tory majority.
Is my maths that bad? Surely that's not possible.
Con have a maximum of 319, SF have 7 and there's only 1 speaker, making 322 the effective majority requirement (321 being the 50% mark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts