• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how they are so obviously just reciting facts from the Wikipedia page.

"All of my life I have wanted to visit Salisbury, with its population of 40,302 and it's dialling code of 01722"

Saw a tweet going around last night saying that a film about two Russians who wanted to visit Salisbury cathedral but accidentally get caught up in an international murder charge would actually make a pretty decent comedy, ala Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Looks like Poland wants to pay $2 billion to build a Fort Trump. What wonderful allies we have!

The words of a stable genius, definitely not a vocabulary worse than many children...

I see a labour MP has said that we should look at having a general strike. (Granted no one else in an important position seems to be agreeing with her).

Anyone else watching the Kavanaugh hearing?

Yep, his tendency to not answer the question and to then ask the senator the same question back is irritating. The Democrats constantly asking for him to ask for an FBI investigation is going nowhere and it's stupid that they are persisting with that. One thing is correct, they are operating on the basis that he is guilty and must prove his innocence. I don't like the guy one bit but that is not how the justice system works and if you try to act like it is, you will get nowhere.

Didn't watch the whole thing but saw a clip of Kavanagh crying while reminiscing about lifting weights in his friend Tobin's garage

Snowflake

Trump has said that climate scientists have an agenda, but obviously the oil, gas and coal companies don't...

Trump has said that climate scientists have an agenda, but obviously the oil, gas and coal companies don't...
To be fair, he's got a point. Climate change scientists DO have an agenda... Having a planet that's fit for human habitation for more than another few decades

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/16/false-promises-brexit-john-major?CMP=fb_gu
Opinion piece from John Major - probably the politician I have the most respect for from the latest 30-odd years (or should that be the least derision?)
I find it rather frustrating that currently the most representation 48% of people who voted are getting are from John Major (history actually looks very fondly at his time of PM, UK Sport funding from National Lottery, Setting up the ground basis for peace in Northern Ireland, hell the 90's were a damn good time to be British as it also included the good half of Blair's PMship) & Alistair ******* Campbell. Seriously why are we having yesterdays guys jumping up and down pointing out the trouble we are in. Even Campbell got angry on Marr or something saying he shouldn't be the one doing this.

I find it rather frustrating that currently the most representation 48% of people who voted are getting are from John Major (history actually looks very fondly at his time of PM, UK Sport funding from National Lottery, Setting up the ground basis for peace in Northern Ireland, hell the 90's were a damn good time to be British as it also included the good half of Blair's PMship) & Alistair ******* Campbell. Seriously why are we having yesterdays guys jumping up and down pointing out the trouble we are in. Even Campbell got angry on Marr or something saying he shouldn't be the one doing this.
Well thats because the 2 major parties are completely split on Brexit.

The tories are either fanatical on leaving or indifferant.

The Labour left have always hated the EU and it was part of their 83 manifesto to leave the then EEC but they are at odds with their more young middle class membership.

The liberals are broadly irrelivent now so its left to old statesmen like John Major (who I met in 96 while on tour in Bosnia) to voice protest.

What to do with a problem like Saudia Arabia?

They now admit the journalist died during a 'fist fight' in the building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts