• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chief Rabbi who publicly backed/fawns over Boris Johnson.

I wasn't going to mention the link but it can't be a coincidence.

Add to the Justin Welbey coming out today to support the comments and the newspapers are commending him for stance.

Remember when those same newspapers critised Welby for his stance and comments on Brexit?

After Corbyn's interview on Andrew Neil last night, has that just guaranteed another Conservative government?

Felt it was a poor showing my Corbyn as he was hit hard by anti-Semitism and WASP questions.

Dunno where Neil got the figures that low earners would have to pay more tax though under Labour.

After Corbyn's interview on Andrew Neil last night, has that just guaranteed another Conservative government?

Felt it was a poor showing my Corbyn as he was hit hard by anti-Semitism and WASP questions.

Dunno where Neil got the figures that low earners would have to pay more tax though under Labour.
I've not seen it yet, but that was always going to happen - and the only way Johnson escapes without a far worse mauling is if Niel soft-balls him.

As for the figures - the only "increased tax" for low earners that I'm aware of from Labour's manifesto, is their plan to scrap some loopholes / allowances - like "married couple allowance". The big ones: income tax, NI, VAT are due to remain the same for low income earners.

Genuinely don't think there's anything Boris could say or do that lowers his vote count - it's like when Trump said he could shoot someone and it wouldn't make a difference.
The right wing is too tribal - they'll vote the way they've always voted and won't be convinced otherwise.

That's why this anti-semitism smear is working so well - get a bunch of people voting Lib Dem or Green and instead of Labour and split the left's votes.

That's why this anti-semitism smear is working so well - get a bunch of people voting Lib Dem or Green and instead of Labour and split the left's votes.
I've been debating this one elsewhere (got into as a result of the Rachel Riley thing) - Someone who genuinely believes that Corbyn is personally and significantly anti-semitic; and that that makes him significantly worse than Johnson when it comes to the "isms". No references anywhere can be found to support the notion that Corbyn is personally antisemitic at all; whereas plenty of direct quotes from Johnson paint him as undeniably islamophobic, racist, homophobic and mysoginistic. But everyone else is wrong, because it's simply known that Corbyn is antisemitic, and therefore no evidence is required.
tenor.gif

Mind you, same person is convinced that Corbyn is also personally a bully, who's bullying has directly led to the resignation of several MPs - again, no evidence can be found of this, despite being provided a list of every labour MP to resign since 2017.
This person is a remainer, who approves of every aspect of the labour manifesto that we've discussed, and disapproves of the conservative party under Johnson, and of Johnson personally (but is a traditional tory voter). But he can't bring himself to vote for labour because of Corbyn's bullying and racism.

When you believe something, no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince.

Separate post, as it's entirely seperate from the previous points - this article is a couple of years old; but I've only just come across it - analysing the myth that conservatives are the fiscally responsible, whilst labour are fiscally untrustworthy (analysing stats for public borrowing, and payment of national debt since WWII):
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/
Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-20.47.59-550x731.png

I would wait until the Boris has his interview before I rush to any judgement

Lets be clear I don't think Corbyn is an anti-semite but this is Tim Farron level's of stupidity, just say sorry and kick people out with haste rather than what's going on at the moment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50564965

I mean this if front page news on sympathetic newspapers like the i and the guardian.

Also this doesn't help,
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1199342574487474182

Mind you this is more to do with Corbyn who throughout his leadership has refused to compromise with anyone about anything. Driving away MPs and support within the party. Getting him to agree to a 2nd ref, took years. The issue here is all about optics and he's on a loosing battle for not apologising for something a substantial amount of Jewish people think is a problem.

Honestly I don't think it could damage Johnson as more people have had a good look at him and he's playing to what works.

Either way anyone who votes LD/Green/PC/SNP in area where Labour have a real chance to win (or vice-versa) to oust a Tory is causing more harm them good. This is real hold your nose time and vote for the lesser of whichever evil.

Mind you this is more to do with Corbyn who throughout his leadership has refused to compromise with anyone about anything.

Corbyn is a revolutionary at heart so compromise isn't in his make up, there could be no cross party compromises between Labour and the Tories with him as Labour leader but then you could quite easily say the same about Johnson who again has always been a right of centre none conformist and has as many enemies in his own party as Corbyn does.

**** sandwich really.

YouGov (the only people whose model accurately predicted 2017's result) are predicting a Tory majority.

In the words of Alan Partridge: Shoot me in the head with a big gun

YouGov (the only people whose model accurately predicted 2017's result) are predicting a Tory majority.

Just heard that on the radio. Winning with a majority of 67 seats.

Hells bells if it comes

Well Corbyn has only himself to blame, that interview with Andrew Neil was shocking. Its almost like he's only trying to appeal to the party faithful not the voters. Why the hell did he not just say bloody sorry? And now they are scaremongering about the NHS. Labour need to sort themselves out and get a proper inclusive leader who can unite the centre left. Given what's happened in the last 4 years with the tories how can any opposition not be looking at a landslide election?

Last edited:
I could understand not saying sorry if he then called it out as a Tory smear campaign and he has nothing to apologise for that he's not apologised for in the past
To completely ignore the requests for an apology with no explanation was a bad look

I could understand not saying sorry if he then called it out as a Tory smear campaign and he has nothing to apologise for that he's not apologised for in the past
To completely ignore the requests for an apology with no explanation was a bad look

Exactly. He's apologised already and doesn't need to do it again.

Explaining that he had already apologised and as a result ensured a more rigid process would have been better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts