• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run on a policy platform of a 200% increase for Leinster players. Hopefully I'd get alpha's vote if no one else.
I was gonna say you'd run with Renua, and you've just proven my point.
Edit:
Hold on a sec....
Screenshot_20200114-212705__01__01.jpg
Ignore the Bumble notification guys, I could have cropped it out, but I want you all to know I get matches.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Irish politics - is this an election for Leo's job or the little goblin king looking fella?
Or are the two linked?

I don't know anything about Irish politics - is this an election for Leo's job or the little goblin king looking fella?
Or are the two linked?
Leo's job so it's important. General election and Taoiseach is just the prime minister. Michael D is the president which is a very limited role politically.

I was gonna say you'd run with Renua, and you've just proven my point.
Edit:
Hold on a sec....
View attachment 7962
Ignore the Bumble notification guys, I could have cropped it out, but I want you all to know I get matches.
"Activity has spiked 64% in your area"

Or are the two linked?
So it's the Dáil (parliamentary) elections. Leo's job is at risk. Pretty similar to the general election ye had over there minus the people who own castles with moats successfully convincing poor people that they have their best interests at heart. In all seriousness it's very important, but in Ireland Fine Gael and Fianna Fail tend to just trade power ever few political cycles with some unwitting party brought in as coalition.
We elect our president in a completely independent election where a pedigree stallion is brought out and kicks all the candidates to death except for the one he deems to have the kindest eyes.

Or are the two linked?

Leo Varadkar is the Taoiseach (PM) so this election is for his jobs in a similar manner to British elections we elect TDs (MPs) who will decide the government. Except we don't have single seat constituencies and use PRSTV.

Michael D Higgins is President who is technically the head of state but fulfill a similarish role to the head of the royal family but is limited to two terms and has elections every 7 years.

Edit: last one to the party.

Or are the two linked?
Assuming the little goblin guy is the guy from the tweet, he's Leo's deputy leader. Leo's job is under serious threat from the guys who've kept him in power for the last few years (who are really just another version of the same party policy wise). Who is actually in charge could well come down to post-election negotiations as much as the vote itself.

Edit: other people did this quicker and better.

Assuming the little goblin guy is the guy from the tweet, he's Leo's deputy leader. My job is under serious threat from the guys who've kept him in power for the last few years (who are really just another version of the same party policy wise). Who is actually in charge could well come down to post-election negotiations as much as the vote itself.

Edit: other people did this quicker and better.
Haha the goblin is definitely MiggelD. Having met Coveney a few times briefly in work the man oozes power and sex. Also shook Danny Healy Rae's hand. Truly an honour

This is going to be a messy campaign anyway. Leo and Coveney have handled Brexit excellently but they couldn't have selected a worse cabinet. Their ministers have landed us in a housing crises and recently have organised a ceremony to commemorate the black and tans. (WWI vets who murdered and raped their way through the country during the war of independence) if Fianna Fail (their main opposition) can avoid controversy and avoid Brexit as a topic they have a great shout despite setting the foundations for the aforementioned housing crisis years ago. I think Leo is the man to take us through Brexit considering McGuinness (the alternative) has held nearly every ministerial position and only has only really enforced a smoking ban as anything of note.

The Leprechaun is at least elected, unlike our Queen and royal family.

The Leprechaun is at least elected, unlike our Queen and royal family.

Ah, but the House of Wettin (Germany) obviously knows whats best for you English peasant.

As The Queen would say "Jabroni, know your damn role and shut your damn mouth"... at least I think it was the queen anyway.

Ah, but the House of Wettin (Germany) obviously knows whats best for you English peasant.

As The Queen would say "Jabroni, know your damn role and shut your damn mouth"... at least I think it was the queen anyway.

The House formerly known as Saxe-Coburg and Gotha you ignoramus.:p

yep and I was just referring to the House of Windsor, whose former surname name was the House of Saxburg-Coburg and Gotha, what they branched off from is irrelevant. My reply was just in jest anyway not intended to get into some historical to and froing.

Point being Ireland can get rid of their Leprechaun head of state and the UK can't get rid of their head of state.

So one or two fat Tory toffs from the ERG want to spend half a million (partly crowd funded so they claim) to make Big Ben bong on Brexit day. How provocative and daft is this? They know London is pro remain and this move would likely result protests or unrest. Farage also pushing to have a big Brexit party to celebrate his idea of independence day.

If they want to celebrate it they should all ship their fat arses up north to a strong leave constituency and party with all the nationalistic chavs who voted for Brexit and the Tories who will ironically end up shafting them in the long run.

Last edited:
So one or two fat Tory toffs from the ERG want to spend half a million (partly crowd funded so they claim) to make Big Ben bong on Brexit day. How provocative and daft is this? They know London is pro remain and this move would likely result protests or unrest. Farage also pushing to have a big Brexit party to celebrate his idea of independence day.

Did you see Mark Francois on Good Morning Britain discussing it? It was hilarious. Femi Oluwole was on it too pointing out that the ringing of the bells is going to signify a loss of British sovereignty during the transition period.

From 3:50 onwards

Last edited:
Did you see Mark Francois on Good Morning Britain discussing it? It was hilarious. Femi Oluwole was on it too pointing out that the ringing of the bells is going to signify a loss of British sovereignty during the transition period.

I didn't see it but can't stand Francois who is one of the fat ERG Tories I was referring to. See the paragraph/suggestion I added to the above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts