• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one or two fat Tory toffs from the ERG want to spend half a million (partly crowd funded so they claim) to make Big Ben bong on Brexit day. How provocative and daft is this? They know London is pro remain and this move would likely result protests or unrest. Farage also pushing to have a big Brexit party to celebrate his idea of independence day.

If they want to celebrate it they should all ship their fat arses up north to a strong leave constituency and party with all the nationalistic chavs who voted for Brexit and the Tories who will ironically end up shafting them in the long run.

I'm sure you can make your point (which I mostly agree with baring the last bit btw) without being such a dick about it...

I'm sure you can make your point (which I mostly agree with baring the last bit btw) without being such a dick about it...

Well you pretty much invalidated your own post in a very hypocritical way by calling me a dick. Nice work!

The Warren and Sanders supporters tearing the left apart in the USA. Once again the left wing of another developed nations seems intent on sniping at each other more than uniting just for once to get rid of an even greater opponent. Should Biden win because of Sanders and Warren being too busy taking each other down, I wouldn't be surprised if both their supporters also then spend more time sniping at Biden than Trump and once again the left will harm itself more than it's opponents. It's just like the Judean People's Front from the Life of Brian and always seems to be the way. It's why there are always multiple left wing parties but nearly always only 1 right wing one.

Holohan has always been a dick,
Recently he went on a big media tour slagging off his old gym and coaches just so he could get his name in the media and push his politics

Good to see action taken, comments were disgraceful and so was the apology.

If/when reunification happens Sinn Fein is going to have some split. They've a lot of populist left policies but there's not an unsubstantial amount of members who are racist.

Holohan is a dumbass. Sinn Fein is such a conflicted party. Appears leftist outwardly but you know for a fact a large amount of their base are not socially liberal and vote for them because they're a departure from FF/FG as well as other...... factors. You'd have to say SF acted fast to suspend him though. His weird underage girl comments also didn't really hit the news much.
Shocker that journal commenters are defending him. Shower of unwashed basement dwellers.

To be fair SF didn't cover themselves in glory here either, they took more or less no action yesterday when it was only the Leo stuff that was in the open and it was only when the comments about underage girls came to light that they've acted.

His 'apology' yesterday was pathetic as well, classic 'I'm sorry you were offended' stuff.

The only positive to take from this (and same goes for Verona last year) is that he's gotten the boot quickly and been widely condemned, in a lot of other countries he'd still be going. That said, can all change very quickly but we've done relatively well at dodging the populist/nationalist wave so far.

But the main thing is that this guy is a d***.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933

The chancellor has warned manufacturers that "there will not be alignment" with the EU after Brexit and insists firms must "adjust" to new regulations.

Speaking to the Financial Times, Sajid Javid admitted not all businesses would benefit from Brexit.

The Food and Drink Federation said it sounded like the "death knell" for frictionless trade with the EU and was likely to cause food prices to rise.

Lolz. As someone who works in Customs this will be fun.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933

Lolz. As someone who works in Customs this will be fun.

What I love is that apparently businesses have had 3 years to prepare. 3 Years to prepare without knowing whether it will happen, what the specific details would be and supposedly under the impression that the government would work to support them.

Automotive is an important industry and we rely on foreign firms setting up their factories here. They've already made it clear that if there was any disruption to the chain they would leave Britain, so that looks like it's going to go down the drain.

Food & Drink forms a huge part of the services sector, so that's going to struggle too.

Pharmaceuticals is just scary and people have already been warned that there may be shortages to medicine.

So not only do we now have a border down the middle of the Irish Sea, but on top Brexit is going to affect key industries. Good job Conservatives.

What I love is that apparently businesses have had 3 years to prepare. 3 Years to prepare without knowing whether it will happen, what the specific details would be and supposedly under the impression that the government would work to support them.

Automotive is an important industry and we rely on foreign firms setting up their factories here. They've already made it clear that if there was any disruption to the chain they would leave Britain, so that looks like it's going to go down the drain.

Food & Drink forms a huge part of the services sector, so that's going to struggle too.

Pharmaceuticals is just scary and people have already been warned that there may be shortages to medicine.

So not only do we now have a border down the middle of the Irish Sea, but on top Brexit is going to affect key industries. Good job Conservatives.

Cant agree with your take but I support your opinion.
However bleak you see it.
Not many in the big bad world share your view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts