• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiryp.jpg

Last edited:

Meanwhile Brexit rumbles on. Gavin Esler puts it succinctly....

https://twitter.com/gavinesler/status/1269562330322481152?s=20

As someone who works in customs and lives in Northern Ireland the Brexit situation is an absolute mess. It's funny as I've been saying since BoJo got in that he doesn't want a deal with the EU. It's a car crash I've been watching for the past year happening in slow motion.

But then what Brexiters want is an 'English Brexit' not a UK one.

The UK government has already said that if there is not a deal by the end of June then it will be a No Deal as they are not requesting an extension to the transition period.

Everyone shouting for No Deal does not understand WTO rules or the impact it will have

Last edited:
So fox news showed a graphic showing the change in stock prices after black men were killed or severely beaten by police brutality...

Wtf is wrong with them!?

I think this is when John Oliver is at his best. Not making stupid jokes, getting to be righteously angry and breaking down a broad topic in half an hour.

I think this is when John Oliver is at his best. Not making stupid jokes, getting to be righteously angry and breaking down a broad topic in half an hour.

Well apparently he doesn't want us English to see it.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. I am appalled at George Floyd's death and support the right to protest as well as the Black Lives Matter movement. But mass demonstrations are essentially public gatherings and will invariably result in loss of life (that could have been otherwise prevented) during this time.

Seemed pretty clear cut for you not too long ago?

The stupidity of some people is truly breathtaking. Despite warnings before the weekend that we were in store for nice weather and that people should still stay at home there were still numpties sunbathing in parks and commons today. Do they think that as long as they are not within 2m of anyone they are good to go? Utterly selfish and stupid.

Sitting in public spaces should be banned unless there is a valid medical reason. Hancock was even suggesting that exercising outdoors may be removed if people continue to flout the rules. *****.

Defacing the Winston Churchill statue on the anniversary of D-Day... These people are despicable

ZxfAkdr.jpg

Seemed pretty clear cut for you not too long ago?

Apples and oranges. My first post was when the instruction from the Government was to 'Stay at home'. The same restrictions are no longer in place. People are allowed to go outside albeit following social distancing guidelines.

Not surprised you have emerged from under your bridge with this all going on.

Apples and oranges. My first post was when the instruction from the Government was to 'Stay at home'. The same restrictions are no longer in place. People are allowed to go outside albeit following social distancing guidelines.

Nah.

We live in a country where it is illegal for me to visit my parents because I am in England and they are in Wales. I haven't seen them since December (they were on holiday in jan, came back with the virus and had to isolate).

If I were to drive my car on the A55 I would expect to be pulled over, fined and sent home. At the same time hundreds of people went for a stroll along the M6 this weekend with no action taken.

I can't see my family because the health of the nation depends on it. But others can meet up in groups thousands strong, with no reproach. We even have MPs boasting on Twitter about taking part.

It's ********

Nah.

We live in a country where it is illegal for me to visit my parents because I am in England and they are in Wales. I haven't seen them since December (they were on holiday in jan, came back with the virus and had to isolate).

If I were to drive my car on the A55 I would expect to be pulled over, fined and sent home. At the same time hundreds of people went for a stroll along the M6 this weekend with no action taken.

I can't see my family because the health of the nation depends on it. But others can meet up in groups thousands strong, with no reproach. We even have MPs boasting on Twitter about taking part.

It's ********

I never endorsed the protest. Personally I think it was wrong and that it should have been done virtually via social media during this time. We have seen how powerful this can be. A minority of thugs have hijacked it which is wrong.

Re. the different nation approaches, health is ultimately the responsibility of the devolved Governments. Rightly or wrongly that's written into the constitution. It looks like they they intend to go a step further and have more localised lockdowns/restrictions if they can identify where flare ups are happening. FWIW the same issue exists in the US where different states have different approaches.

Not surprised that you can't see the hypocrisy in your post

My post was a frustrated general rant rather than an attack on yours.

The part of your post I disagree with is the apples and oranges line.

To me the people who rushed to beauty spots on mother's day weekend knowing restrictions were coming on the Monday, those who flooded beaches last month and gathered together in groups of thousands this weekend all fall into the same category; selfish pricks.

If that isn't the case then that means I have been a complete mug for strictly following guidance all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts