• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The language being used is getting more worrying. Sign saying text 'fight' to... and him calling them warriors.

More worrying was Trump telling the crowd that he deliberately told his people to slow down testing. Effectively admitting he is obstructing the one thing that can prevent a further spread. And also spending 20 minutes going on about the media dissing him about how he held his glass of water (he explained not to get on his tie) and then showing he could drink a glass of water with one hand before throwing the glass away. This was followed by whooping and cheering from his demented fans. Yeah, this is the level of a Trump rally.

More worrying was Trump telling the crowd that he deliberately told his people to slow down testing. Effectively admitting he is obstructing the one thing that can prevent a further spread. And also spending 20 minutes going on about the media dissing him about how he held his glass of water (he explained not to get on his tie) and then showing he could drink a glass of water with one hand before throwing the glass away. This was followed by whooping and cheering from his demented fans. Yeah, this is the level of a Trump rally.

I dunno, that's his usual idiotic theatrics for me. The country has already seen lots of violence and is extremely divided. If he loses the election and claims it was rigged, he might turn to those 'warriors'. Any language that implies fighting in America is dangerous and all it could take is one spark.

I dunno, that's his usual idiotic theatrics for me. The country has already seen lots of violence and is extremely divided. If he loses the election and claims it was rigged, he might turn to those 'warriors'. Any language that implies fighting in America is dangerous and all it could take is one spark.

The language has also been very aggressive ever since 2016 with the whole "lock her up" chanting for Hilary. Yes, a lot of things are implied with Trump; that's how he deliberately talks to play both sides. The whole "warriors" description to lick the arses of those who turned up. Not sure how many of them would actually go out fighting on his behalf (apart from his gun-toting lunatic fringe).

yeh, so Trump totally denies that he was joking on testing. So much for his press secretary saying he was saying it in jest.

Last edited:
RLB sacked from shadow cabinet for retweeting and essentially endorsing anti-semitism conspiracy theories (I don't think she entirely did but considering history and the party on this one it was a stupid thing to do). To think she was Corbyns choice for leader...

I don't get it - wasn't she sacked because of something someone she interviewed said?

Maxine Peak said that the US police learned the chokehold that killed George Floyd from the Israeli army, and then it linked to an article about the Israeli army training the US police

What did she retweet?

I don't get it - wasn't she sacked because of something someone she interviewed said?

Maxine Peak said that the US police learned the chokehold that killed George Floyd from the Israeli army, and then it linked to an article about the Israeli army training the US police

What did she retweet?
Well for the crux of the problem is there is no established direct link (yet) between the cop who killed George Flloyd and him or those who transined him being trained by Israel to do it. Its pure conjecture and goes along most antisemitic lines of trying to portray Israel as evil. Its a conspiracy theory with just enough vein of truth to get traction.

She basically retweeted the article with something along the lines "Maxine Peake is an absolute diamond". Thus giving the impression of a complete endorsement of everything in the article.

Basically its a massive cock up on RLB part its not that what she said or did was entirely wrong but anyone on the Labour front bench (or party in general) should be careful as hell before tweeting anything about Israel/Judaism.

It looks like she was sacked for her lack of judgement, if nothing else. You have to be so careful on Twitter Nowadays. Unless you're Trump and even his Tweets are getting fact checked and highlighted for inciting violence.

There's also the simple fact that antisemitism has really hurt labour and they need to be seen to be dealing with it. It might be more extreme than is normal (hell Cummings and Jenrick are still around) but it is necessary for Labour to rebuild trust and to demonstrate that antisemitism is not tolerated in the party.

Is this just a case of linking critising Israel to anti-Semitism? Which, you know, it isn't.

To be honest, probably done a lot of good for the Labour party to see her go this early into Starmers premiership regardless of why

Strongly agree, but making tenuous links between Israel and bad things happening in other parts of the world as a vehicle to criticise Israel isn't far off anti semitism.
Usually its the dividing line between legitimate criticism and anti semitism. I'm not good at explaining this stuff or even identifying it. Here's a lefty explaining it pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts