• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing politics into the police force and other areas like sport is very devicive. It should be made clear that we treat all the same. Only by putting labels (black player, white player) do we cause a differential, that is when the problem starts. Although I understand the blm message I can't condone the methodology. To destroy statues etc is criminal damage no matter what you think. Rioting or demonstrating at this time is beyond stupid (and crowded beaches). But the police standing or kneeling to let it happen makes them part of the problem. To see MPs supporting the marches, well, just about sums up this nation.

Bringing politics into the police force and other areas like sport is very devicive. It should be made clear that we treat all the same. Only by putting labels (black player, white player) do we cause a differential, that is when the problem starts. Although I understand the blm message I can't condone the methodology. To destroy statues etc is criminal damage no matter what you think. Rioting or demonstrating at this time is beyond stupid (and crowded beaches). But the police standing or kneeling to let it happen makes them part of the problem. To see MPs supporting the marches, well, just about sums up this nation.

As far as I'm aware the mainstream part of the Black Lives Matter movement couldn't care less about statues. They want changes to the system that continue to create inequalities. Some people with more extreme views or simply some liberals who think statues actually matter in the context of Black Lives Matter are behind the whole issue with statues. If anything the statues issue is taking away from the Black Lives Matter message and opens the door to racists and nationalists to paint Black Lives Matter supporters as anti-British. On top the right wing press have helped to push this narrative by making it a larger issue than it really is.

you're saying this incident is pretty common amongst murder squad officers? They take a pic of the victims and then do selfies with them to share around with colleagues?

Get some PTSD training or move to another job within the police. This isn't about not having a normal outlook on life as a result of dealing with horrific parts of their job. These officers had no respect whatsoever for the victims and their families.

I used to be a Firefighter and some of my fellow FF's would take pictures of the grusome scenes we had to deal with (like a decapitation from a high speed car crash into a telephone pole) and share them. I always thought it was disrespectful and spoke out against it and that made me an outcast with some of them. Fortunately, most of my fellow FF's thought it was poor behavior and voiced their opinions against it too. The few who thought it was OK were always on the Fire Chief's sh*t list for one thing or another anyway.

Last edited:
I really want Trump to lose in a landslide but then refuse to leave. Having the Congressional police force drag him out of the Whitehouse kicking and screaming would be the most satisfying end to his presidency now that being removed from office via impeachment is off the table.

62489f4ad9185c2824d9abbd9e70d752.jpg

The White House's official twitch channel has been suspended for breaching their hateful conduct policies hahahahaaaa

Nice to see at least one platform has the balls to enforce their rules on him

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...d-larne-border-post-down-to-him-39316979.html

Sammy Wilson has been told he shouldn't be surprised that the Port of Larne had been told to prepare to become a border control point - as it was a direct result of Brexit which he had been a "cheerleader" for.

The irony is so strong with this, it is perfection.

Sammy 'nudist' Wilson was a big supporter of Brexit and claimed that any issues with Northern Ireland was 'project fear'.

With the director or Larne Harbour being told to expand for checks, and the same being done at Warrenpoint, I'm slightly more confident that the UK may actually be pushing for a deal, but then again in the event of a No Deal those facilities would be needed anyway.

Reports from Washington post and the reporter who exposed Watergate that Trump "bullied and humiliated" May and other female leaders. Merkel? I wonder how he speaks to Jacinda?

This is all on the back of Russia offering bounties to Afghanis to kill American and British troops and Trump denying he'd been briefed on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts