• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being less openly corrupt is NOT the same as being less corrupt so stop acting like it is. Trump may be less openly corrupt but he is definitely more corrupt than his predecessors. You don't get to fabricate corruption for the others out of thin air and say "oh I bet that is happening in the background!" 2 can play at that, Trump is so corrupt that he does all the stuff behind the scenes we don't see AND does all the stuff we do see. That is literally what your argument boils down to and 2 can play at that game. How do you know Trump isn't also hiding things? You don't.

And again you are twisting and turning in a desperate attempt to pretend somehow, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that Trump is not more corrupt. You are part of that ridiculous school of though where lack of evidence of wrong doing is more evidence that it is clearly happening in secret.

Bush was much smarter than Trump, and that is saying something. It's just a stream of excuses and making things up. Ok Trump isn't the one pulling the strings, he has Russians and special interests working behind the scenes blackmailing him and he is forced to play this act to try to defend himself. I don't have evidence? Doesn't matter, it's "them" operating in the background and the lack of evidence proves it.
I think you should reread my post again, and remove your anger. I'm saying that Trump is just as corrupt as any other corrupt politician. There is no corrupt scale, so if you are corrupt, no matter how minute, then you are corrupt. End of story.

What I was saying was, corrupt people, trying to hide their corruptness, are more criminal. Not more corrupt. Because they go out of their way to try and hide their involvement.

I am agreeing with you that Trump is corrupt. And yes, I am also agreeing with you that some of the things he has done, was in secret, or that nobody knows about it, or that it hasn't surfaced yet. However you want to phrase it.

The only way Bush was smarter than Trump was that Bush hired Cheney, whereas Trump hired his daughter who he wants to bang. But other than that there isn't too much of a difference on the intellectual scale between the 2 of them.

Trump has always played this role though. He hasn't changed a single bit since his time on the Apprentice. It's not an act, it's just how he is.

My post was more about how other politicians are hiding their corruptness. Hilary Clinton being a prime example. But hey, she's a democrat, and democrats aren't just as evil as republicans...

I think you should reread my post again, and remove your anger. I'm saying that Trump is just as corrupt as any other corrupt politician. There is no corrupt scale, so if you are corrupt, no matter how minute, then you are corrupt. End of story.
What?

For arguments sake, let's say I'm in charge of the morning coffee run in the office where everyone throws in X amount at the start of every week to pay for it. Everyone wants a large Americano/latte/Cappuccino or whatever it may be. I order everyone mediums because they don't know the difference and use the extra cash to get myself a more expensive caramel macchiato on a Friday. Apart from this I manage petty cash absolutely perfectly.

You're saying I'm as corrupt as the guy in accounts laundering money from the staff pension scheme?

It's a sliding scale.

What?

For arguments sake, let's say I'm in charge of the morning coffee run in the office where everyone throws in X amount at the start of every week to pay for it. Everyone wants a large Americano/latte/Cappuccino or whatever it may be. I order everyone mediums because they don't know the difference and use the extra cash to get myself a more expensive caramel macchiato on a Friday. Apart from this I manage petty cash absolutely perfectly.

You're saying I'm as corrupt as the guy in accounts laundering money from the staff pension scheme?

It's a sliding scale.

I get that, but what I'm talking about here is american politics. And the type of corruption that politicians are doing while in office. They are all a bunch of corrupt beings, whether it's rigging voter stations, building a wall, taking foreign money for favours, spying on other political rivals etc... It's all corruption, and all should be punishable.

you, being the runner for coffee, should reward yourself for that delicious macchiato on Fridays, you are doing all the work. I get that the deceit is present, but when it comes to a morality standpoint, I don't think many would say that your action depraved them in any way.

Police will patrol the Kent border to turn away lorries without an "access permit" in a bid to ease Brexit border chaos, it has been revealed.
Michael Gove said officers will use automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras and "other means" to block drivers – in what will be seen as an "internal border" in the UK.

The move would try to ensure "constituents are not inconvenienced", he told MPs, after warning of 7,000-long lorry queues and two-day delays to cross the Channel.

Lolz. You cannot make it up. UK lorries will need "access permit" to enter UK county.

Tories: No hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, we promise

Also Tories: Hard border between Greater London/Surrey/East Sussex and Kent

These three states did in Hillary Clinton back in 2016. She took them for granted and didn't campaign there and it came back to haunt her.

What I was saying was, corrupt people, trying to hide their corruptness, are more criminal. Not more corrupt. Because they go out of their way to try and hide their involvement.

I am agreeing with you that Trump is corrupt. And yes, I am also agreeing with you that some of the things he has done, was in secret, or that nobody knows about it, or that it hasn't surfaced yet. However you want to phrase it.

The only way Bush was smarter than Trump was that Bush hired Cheney, whereas Trump hired his daughter who he wants to bang. But other than that there isn't too much of a difference on the intellectual scale between the 2 of them.

Trump has always played this role though. He hasn't changed a single bit since his time on the Apprentice. It's not an act, it's just how he is.

My post was more about how other politicians are hiding their corruptness. Hilary Clinton being a prime example. But hey, she's a democrat, and democrats aren't just as evil as republicans...

Again the whole concept of scale is something you either can't understand or refuse to. All through this process you are acting like it is digital, you are either perfect or equally imperfect. Trump is NOT merely as corrupt as any other politician, he is MORE corrupt. This has been supported by more cases of corruption and impropriety against him and people associated with him than any president previously, he is the only president who has had outstanding court cases for corruption, the only president to have had more than 1 of their ventures closed due to corruption, the only president in which investigations by their own party have shown them to be repeatedly involved in corruption. It's not out in the open because he is merely less good at it, it's out in the open due to the sheer quantity of it. You keep wanting to ignore this and that is why I'm getting angry at you. You are literally trying to claim the more clear evidence of corruption, the less dangerous it is. Sorry but your thinking is ******* warped at best.

Bush had far more going for him intellectually than Trump does and that is not saying Bush was smart. Bush could at least form cohesive sentences and speak on complicated matters, Trump is utterly incapable of doing so and it's been shown that this is because he is too thick to understand and too arrogant to let anyone tell him so. Bush didn't have multiple staffers saying that he couldn't pay attention to briefings and was a ******* idiot, Trump has. No doubt you will again pull some deep state conspiracy out of your arse to justify this. I have a relative who has direct contact with people from the Whitehouse (they were with British diplomatic team) and it's been confirmed that the Trump Whitehouse is a complete mess and that nobody knows what they are doing or where they stand, particularly the lunatic at the top.

No, your post was trying to make out somehow Trump's corruption is ok because everyone does it and that all the corruption is equal. Nobody has claimed other politicians aren't corrupt and acting like that is an argument being made is a pure strawman. What IS being argued is that Trump is corrupt on a level vastly surpassing any other president, a view that is supported by mountains of evidence and yet here you are constantly trying to downplay it like it isn't out of the ordinary. It really is but I guess your perception of what is an isn't an acceptable level of corruption is heavily skewed by being in South Africa.

Armenia and Azerbaijan in conflict...again.

martial-law-total-mobilization-armenia-after-clashes-azerbaijan
Oh no ( new conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh:(. There was a tension between both sides this summer, but it was quickly resolved as I remember. I think they'll never stop, that's an endless conflict unfortunately..

Oh no ( new conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh:(. There was a tension between both sides this summer, but it was quickly resolved as I remember. I think they'll never stop, that's an endless conflict unfortunately..
Yes, it's kind of like India and Pakistan in conflict over the Kashmir region. That one stops and starts and has been going for a very long time too.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts