• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the whole concept of scale is something you either can't understand or refuse to. All through this process you are acting like it is digital, you are either perfect or equally imperfect. Trump is NOT merely as corrupt as any other politician, he is MORE corrupt. This has been supported by more cases of corruption and impropriety against him and people associated with him than any president previously, he is the only president who has had outstanding court cases for corruption, the only president to have had more than 1 of their ventures closed due to corruption, the only president in which investigations by their own party have shown them to be repeatedly involved in corruption. It's not out in the open because he is merely less good at it, it's out in the open due to the sheer quantity of it. You keep wanting to ignore this and that is why I'm getting angry at you. You are literally trying to claim the more clear evidence of corruption, the less dangerous it is. Sorry but your thinking is ******* warped at best.

Bush had far more going for him intellectually than Trump does and that is not saying Bush was smart. Bush could at least form cohesive sentences and speak on complicated matters, Trump is utterly incapable of doing so and it's been shown that this is because he is too thick to understand and too arrogant to let anyone tell him so. Bush didn't have multiple staffers saying that he couldn't pay attention to briefings and was a ******* idiot, Trump has. No doubt you will again pull some deep state conspiracy out of your arse to justify this. I have a relative who has direct contact with people from the Whitehouse (they were with British diplomatic team) and it's been confirmed that the Trump Whitehouse is a complete mess and that nobody knows what they are doing or where they stand, particularly the lunatic at the top.

No, your post was trying to make out somehow Trump's corruption is ok because everyone does it and that all the corruption is equal. Nobody has claimed other politicians aren't corrupt and acting like that is an argument being made is a pure strawman. What IS being argued is that Trump is corrupt on a level vastly surpassing any other president, a view that is supported by mountains of evidence and yet here you are constantly trying to downplay it like it isn't out of the ordinary. It really is but I guess your perception of what is an isn't an acceptable level of corruption is heavily skewed by being in South Africa.
Corruption isn't like murder.

Murder has different scales. Pre-meditated murder, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, manslaughter (negligence).

Corruption is just corruption.

If you are guilty of abusing power, no matter the "scale", then you are abusing your power and are corrupt. Being more corrupt than someone else in public office holds the same value in the eyes of the court. And if found guilty of corruption, whether it's rigging the election or abusing your power to get your office more benefits than others, both politicians will get the same penalty/jailtime.

Oh and saying that people in government offices have no idea what they are doing, is again not a just a Trump thing. There have been sitcoms and political stories written in the past years of how people in government offices have no idea what they're doing. Again, stop trying to make it sound like everything Trump and his administration are doing, is new or exclusive to Trump. Because it simply isn't.

I get that you are a staunch anti-Trump campaigner, and that is okay with me, I don't really care who you support or not. I'm merely voicing my opinion in that not everyone on this forum will agree with you and your more liberal views on things such as american politics. And it's also okay that you repeatedly throw insults at me on this thread, go ahead, I can take it.

But just note that no matter what you say in this thread, My ideas and thoughts on this matter won't change, and neither will it prevent me from retorting when you respond. I know many might not like what I'm saying here, and that I'm maybe in the minority on this issue, but, I'm just as entitled as you are to post here. And while I've refrained from personally attacking you, I have taken your insults on the chin and continued on my merry way. So go ahead, fire away...

Corruption isn't like murder.

Murder has different scales. Pre-meditated murder, 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, manslaughter (negligence).

Corruption is just corruption.
Jesus Christ... Corruption does scale. I guess stealing a priceless jewel and nicking a pen are the same with that "logic". This is ******* impossible.

Jesus Christ... Corruption does scale. I guess stealing a priceless jewel and nicking a pen are the same with that "logic". This is ******* impossible.
Now you're talking about theft. And there is actually a difference between theft and petty theft. And in some countries they expand it even further with terms such as grand theft, larceny, robbery, theft with aggravated circumstances etc.

Corruption, on the other hand doesn't have variations.

First Presidential debate Tonight. Should be interesting.

Presidential debate won't be interesting unless Biden goes full Bartlett (except it won't be excellently scripted by Sorkin so unlikely). One of Clinton's many mistakes in the last campaign was to sink to Trump's level I actually don't hold up much hope on this front.

Trump paying on $750 in Federal income tax in 2016 and 2017 should be an interesting talking point. Even it is just see him squirm and deny it and call it fake news. If so, then why not release his returns, which every sitting President since Ford has? Being under "Audit" by the IRS does not legally prevent him from doing so, as I understand. But neither is he legally compelled to do so.

Last edited:
Now you're talking about theft. And there is actually a difference between theft and petty theft. And in some countries they expand it even further with terms such as grand theft, larceny, robbery, theft with aggravated circumstances etc.

Corruption, on the other hand doesn't have variations.
******* hell, do you think everyone who has been found guilty of corruption has got exactly the same sentence!?

Presidential debate won't be interesting unless Biden goes full Bartlett (except it won't be excellently scripted by Sorkin so unlikely). One of Clinton's many mistakes in the last campaign was to sink to Trump's level I actually don't hold up much hope on this front.
damn sorkin can write a speech cant he!...might go back and watch the west wing, think it might be my fav series, newsroom up there with some great monologues too

and come on @TRF_heineken , me giving a job to someone i know will return the favour is technically corrupt...but on a different scale to say the president of a country's daughter getting a copyright for their personal business in a country directly after they have been part of some official trade negotiations even though said copyright had been refused several time before....

but trumps coming across like and arsehole to do it... they really need a third option

So trump refuses to denounce white supremacy and then does a call to arms for the Proud Boys

Par for the course, really

Edit: oh and he's asking people to sign up to "Trump's Army" and be a poll watcher.
Any guesses where the heavily armed white supremacists will be hanging around? Cause I'm guessing it won't be the rich white neighbourhoods.
Textbook voter intimidation

Last edited:
Dog whistling to his far right base.

Sounded like a real **** show of constant interruptions and how low American politics has descended to.

Last edited:
ive seen comment it wil have done very little to change anyones option on either of them

agree with this with the caveat that the only change i had was thinking less of both of them

also saw some comments the biggest thing to come out of this is convincing people people neither of them are worth voting for

dumpster fire

******* hell, do you think everyone who has been found guilty of corruption has got exactly the same sentence!?

No that's not what I'm saying. And how many american politicians have been found guilty of corruption in the past? 5/6?? How many of those was then actually charged with corruption?? Or were they charged for fraud/bribery/theft/racketeering??? Corruption was used as an umbrella for the actual charges.

Aso saw some comments the biggest thing to come out of this is convincing people people neither of them are worth voting for

dumpster fire
Worst possible outcome for Biden, people in swing states deciding Hillary was just as bad and then not voting for anyone was a major factor in her loosing.

Cant see why any further debates would get better. Biden did exactly the thing he shouldn't of done and therefore just got the tarred with the same brush.... idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts