• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to love the crap he spews. International treaty like the Bible for the Commission? Pretty sure it's like the Bible for any self-respecting nation to actually honour its commitments... Or is this some radical new thinking I'm unaware of?

The EU always acts in bad faith, this coming from someone who has lied through his teeth from day 1 and supports a movement that hasn't shown good faith at any point?

Yeah got to preface it with that so the foamers won't accuse Farage of hating Britten and being a traitor or something. I just wonder how much the Brexit lot will need to **** things up before Brexiters at the very least admit that the people they chose to take Britain out of the EU were not up to the task. Doubt it will happen, just blame the EU as always.

The danger is Trump recovers for the election and uses it to say "see I told you this virus isn't that serious and I survived it". He's supposedly getting a cocktail of drugs to make his lungs more resilient and prevent his organs going into overdrive if reacts badly to the virus in the next 7-10 days. We saw how badly Bojo deteriorated over the course of a couple of weeks.

I hope he does recover but gets totally annihilated on 3 November because of how badly he's mishandled this pandemic and through his own carelessness getting it.

"The left fall in love; the right fall in line"

For the right, winning is what matters. For the left there's no point winning if it means sacrificing a principal.
:(

I know this is pedantry of the highest order but it made me laugh. It conjures a vision of lefties agonising over ritually slaughtering some poor head teacher.

Principle and principal aren't the same word................

I know this is pedantry of the highest order but it made me laugh. It conjures a vision of lefties agonising over ritually slaughtering some poor head teacher.

Principle and principal aren't the same word................
raw

So Conley (the WH quack) says that we're 72 hours post-diagnosis, and says that 36 hours after the diagnosis was announced, but less than 72 hours after the presidential debate.
Was this a mis-speak? Confusion with Hicks? 36 hours post-test but 72 hours post first symptom?

I still don't have time for conspiracy theories, but the latest is that he tested positive / exhibited mild symptoms ahead of the debate (and the rose garden fund-raiser come unveiling?), but refused to "look weak". Which is why he turned up late and wasn't tested before the event as previously agreed. So he went into a shouting match in an enclosed space, with virtually no-one wearing a mask, whilst knowingly shedding virus.

Oh, and that monoclonal antibody treatment they're trialling on him sounds nasty - and high dose.
This guy is seriously sick.

Last edited:
So Conley (the WH quack) says that we're 72 hours post-diagnosis, and says that 36 hours after the diagnosis was announced, but less than 72 hours after the presidential debate.
Was this a mis-speak? Confusion with Hicks? 36 hours post-test but 72 hours post first symptom?

I still don't have time for conspiracy theories, but the latest is that he tested positive / exhibited mild symptoms ahead of the debate (and the rose garden fund-raiser come unveiling?), but refused to "look weak". Which is why he turned up late and wasn't tested before the event as previously agreed. So he went into a shouting match in an enclosed space, with virtually no-one wearing a mask, whilst knowingly shedding virus.

Oh, and that monoclonal antibody treatment they're trialling on him sounds nasty - and high dose.
This guy is seriously sick.
Fake news, he doesn't even have the virus, he is just testing the hospital beds because he wants to personally make sure they are comfortable for the brave Americans fighting the hoax.

Is there any possibility they'll postpone elections in case if Trump doesn't recover in time? (feel himself too "sick" etc etc)

Is there any possibility they'll postpone elections in case if Trump doesn't recover in time? (feel himself too "sick" etc etc)
They'd have to get it through the House (Democrat controlled) and Senate (Republican Controlled). However Pelosi as House speaker becomes President in the interim once Pence and Trump's terms are up in January. To change that requires a constitutional change which usually take years to ratify.

Rules essentially to try stop a dictatorship. There are failure cases but it's actually sensible.

They'd have to get it through the House (Democrat controlled) and Senate (Republican Controlled). However Pelosi as House speaker becomes President in the interim once Pence and Trump's terms are up in January. To change that requires a constitutional change which usually take years to ratify.

Rules essentially to try stop a dictatorship. There are failure cases but it's actually sensible.
Yes, sounds really sensible. So, it doesn't make sense for him to pretend he's sick? Because it's really weird he fell ill right now

Oh he's definitely not faking it would require too many people to be involved. Plus they from most reports they are trying to downplay it.

From what I'm hearing (and cannot verify) they're giving him a contraversial new drug combination (those monoclonal antibodies), with potentially deadly side effects, at 3x the highest dosed previously tested on humans.
You do not do that if you're just messing about.

He seems fine tbh.

Did think there was a possibility that yesterday's video was pre recorded but that's a bit conspiratorial I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts