• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to more Biden and Harris impersonations on SNL. :D At least they can take a joke, unlike Trumpanzee.

Last edited:
Reality is Harriss is a PoC which will whether right or wrong will help with during up the PoC vote which may have been Biden's greatest weakness.

It was pretty uninspired bunch to pick from with Warren probably having too many Hillary vibes from an optics POV.

None of this election is about policy and purely about picking the 'team' most likely to get the vote out.

Harris's record as a prosecutor was brought up during the democratic debates. If half of it was true she makes Teresa May look like Florence Nightingale even suppressed evidence on a case involving someone on death row.

Harris's record as a prosecutor was brought up during the democratic debates. If half of it was true she makes Teresa May look like Florence Nightingale even suppressed evidence on a case involving someone on death row.
You see similar stuff said about Starmer reality is being a DA is always a tad bit more complicated than people want to make out always worth checking the facts especially in US politics (although its creeping far more into ours) where people outright lie about their opponents with huge consistency.

As much as I can't stand Boris and most of his government, I think the truth on both of those measures remains to be seen.

All countries are going through this on different timelines.

True, but there doesn't seem to be a single aspect that other countries are saying "Wow, if only we'd done that". At least we have the comfort of a world beating track and trace system.....

As much as I can't stand Boris and most of his government, I think the truth on both of those measures remains to be seen.

I disagree for 2 main reasons. First these stats reflect different governments responses and most people agree our government's response has been a mess. The data may change, but it still reflects what has happened and is relevant. Second this government is trying to avoid scrutiny and manipulate the facts and data, so if they are happy to do it for positive reasons they need to take it for negative reasons. To many excuses are being made for the government's incompetence and they need to be held to account so they will do better.

Even now when they are cutting track and trace workers as well as multiple reports of it not working as well as it should, they still keep saying it is working well and as intended. If they want to play politics with the pandemic then they have to accept the consequences.

Government trying to revise its figures is frankly ******. Compare the excess deaths for the period compared to the average deaths of previous 5 years. Whether it was directly or indirectly related to Covid will show a more accurate figure and comparable to other nations using the same measure.

The thing is we are trailing on just about every measure. I don't buy the "only we are honest, everyone else is lying" bullshit they have been trying to sell at times, especially considering their known track record on lying. It's also the fact that they were warned they were doing it wrong but arrogantly kept claiming they were following the science as they did the opposite of everyone else. Well now they need to be held to account, it wasn't just a mistake but an active choice to go down the path we did and they ****** up. They ****** up the track and trace by again thinking they knew better than everyone else. They have been relying solely on banging the nationalist / Brexit drum as a means to avoid any scrutiny and it wore thin a long time ago. They have had over a decade of fuckups to contend with and the people of this country just keep letting them get away with it. This pandemic is one catastrophic fuckup too far and they should be given no leeway or good will, they burned through all that ages ago.

Remember they wouldn't even discipline Cummings, that is how little this government cares about getting it wrong or being accountable.

A 500 server error?

I looked it up on twitter and apparently it redirected to Bidens website and everyone is losing their goddamn mind as if it wasn't just some kid who bought the domain and redirected it

tenor.gif

A 500 server error?

I looked it up on twitter and apparently it redirected to Bidens website and everyone is losing their goddamn mind as if it wasn't just some kid who bought the domain and redirected it
Oh is it fixed already? There's a few Harris ones already as well.

It's kinda funny because it's not entirely unrealistic

Well screw it up better than Scotland I guess

I have a friend who works in University admissions, apparently last weekend was when they got the results trawled through them and decided who got in and who didn't. Unfortunately this resit or mock policy wasn't announced until last night without University's knowledge so wasn't factored into anything for when kids get thier results today and start ringing and appealing. Its going to be the mother of all **** ups today.

It's a **** show... Saw this coming a mile off... Better than Scotland at least I guess
It's not, mock exams have no universal approval method and teachers all have various different ways of setting them. I once had a History teacher set us a mock exams with an essay question we had done in class, it was great on teaching us how to improve our answers in an exam type setting. It wasn't so good a factor for predicted grades without the teacher applying weighting based on his prior knowledge.

Over 50% of schools are reporting they've been downgraded.

It's the exact same **** show with added ********.

Back in the day....A levels were pretty much all tested on the back of 2 3hr exam papers. Mocks, at my school anyway, likewise. Course work that counted towards the final grades was pretty much non existent and totally non existent in the subjects I sat. What's the balance now?

The Govt have not covered themselves in glory but it's pretty much an impossible position.

Back in the day....A levels were pretty much all tested on the back of 2 3hr exam papers. Mocks, at my school anyway, likewise. Course work that counted towards the final grades was pretty much non existent and totally non existent in the subjects I sat. What's the balance now?

The Govt have not covered themselves in glory but it's pretty much an impossible position.
Most of the time it's 50% each way similar for University results. Sometimes there's a slightly different split but about that. Been that way since at least the mid 90's

Some kids are good at coursework others exams does a good mix. If it was purely exam based I'd have likely been a straight A student.

Honestly I'd have just taken the kids coursework results with predicted grades taken into consideration most teacher are fairly accurate sometimes a kid will do a grade better or below.

Feel for them a lot though A Levels are the ones that matter in determining your university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts