• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember when Trump gassed all those protestors so he could walk to the church and hold up a bible?:rolleyes:

As I'm sure you know, but others may not, it's the evangelical far right that follows Trump, not all Christians. The mainline churches have spoken out against Trump (the Pastor of the church where the incident you mentioned did), but they're not loud and obnoxious like Trump and his #Cult45 followers. And that's why you don't hear about them much. Were living in a tabloid World of sound bits and video clips were the loud mouthed blowhards get 99% of the press time. Sadly, the term Bizarro World truly applies to our time.

I know
As I'm sure you know, but others may not, it's the evangelical far right that follows Trump, not all Christians. The mainline churches have spoken out against Trump (the Pastor of the church where the incident you mentioned did), but they're not loud and obnoxious like Trump and his #Cult45 followers. And that's why you don't hear about them much. Were living in a tabloid World of sound bits and video clips were the loud mouthed blowhards get 99% of the press time. Sadly, the term Bizarro World truly applies to our time.

I'd love it if Biden just finds some random verse and is like "Trump do you agree that 1 Timothy 6:9 is very important?" If he gets him to agree he can then reveal it says "Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction."

I know

I'd love it if Biden just finds some random verse and is like "Trump do you agree that 1 Timothy 6:9 is very important?" If he gets him to agree he can then reveal it says "Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction."

Unfortunately I don't think even Trump is that stupid. Better would be get a quite well-known quote and to say do you agree or disagree and when Trump dodges, quote the verse and point out that a good christian would know it.

Unfortunately I don't think even Trump is that stupid. Better would be get a quite well-known quote and to say do you agree or disagree and when Trump dodges, quote the verse and point out that a good christian would know it.

Trump IS that stupid. He's an egomaniac who only cares about himself, as he's shown over and over. Since the Bible wasn't written about him, he doesn't know it or care about it.

Watching Trump dismantle the post office is honestly crazy,
Like you read the articles/see the news and think "Oh that trump he's so ridiculous" but when you take a step back and look at just how insane the situation is its mind blowing.

A large sorting centre in Seattle had four machines dismantled/taken away yesterday
"It would take a crew of 20 to 30 people hand-sorting the mail all night to do what one of these machines can do in a couple hours," Warden said. "Our infrastructure doesn't work without these machines."

"Warden, an officer of the American Postal Workers Union, said the four letter-sorting machines that management ordered taken down were being fully used until they were dismantled.

"In our meetings with management, the union has been given no rationale whatsoever," he said."

Absolutely nuts.

At least All the big Democrats seem united against a common enemy now. Even Obama finally speaking out against him after largely keeping convention and not criticizing Trump as previous POTUS's have done. And Trump Systematically taking apart or trying to take apart everything Obama did and having the temerity to blame Obama for Covid. The gloves are off now.

Now it's 76 days to the election and whatever the state of the US postal service by then.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to what a decade of right wing popularism produces... Every nation touched by right wing popularism in the last decade has seen a massive increase in corruption, hatred and general destruction of society, the economy, decency, integrity and the environment.

America always likes to do one better.

Please don't blame our entire country for what Bannon and the other far right blowhards say and do. Remember, Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by nearly three million votes. It's unfortunate, but we still use the antiquated electoral college voting system.

Please don't blame our entire country for what Bannon and the other far right blowhards say and do. Remember, Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by nearly three million votes. It's unfortunate, but we still use the antiquated electoral college voting system.

Thing is there is a logic to the electoral college system, which is to stop a demagogue getting into power. However, when it actually came to putting it into practise the system failed. I think our FPTP (First Past The Post) is far more ridiculous because many people's vote doesn't count at all and a party can get into power with a majority government and have less than 40% of the total votes.

The electoral college vote system is pretty much a FPTP system but on a much grander scale and weighted to population of each state. It was meant to protect the smaller states against the bigger states like California and NY State.

That's why US Presidential elections tend to hinge on swing states and seeing the national polls giving Biden a lead nationally is misleading because that is not how it's going to be decided. If 2016 showed anything it's where those votes are within those swing states that matters.

And in Russia the poisoning of Putin's opponents/deemed traitors continues....

Yes, poisoning during his flight. Although,it looks really weird..
Plus, there's a horrible situation in Bielarus (will try to find articles in English, because all that I read in internet is in Russian or Bielorusian)
My relatives from Russia decided to go by car and stay with me on quarantine in Poland. And they can't do even like that now: you can't cross any border with Bielarus because they closed it and there are Bielorusian troops along all their borders...

Yes, poisoning during his flight. Although,it looks really weird..
Plus, there's a horrible situation in Bielarus (will try to find articles in English, because all that I read in internet is in Russian or Bielorusian)
My relatives from Russia decided to go by car and stay with me on quarantine in Poland. And they can't do even like that now: you can't cross any border with Bielarus because they closed it and there are Bielorusian troops along all their borders...
Of course, the doctor has come out and said that there was no trace of poisoning - which is medical speak for "I'm allergic to the affects of gravity and 30m drops"

Of course, the doctor has come out and said that there was no trace of poisoning - which is medical speak for "I'm allergic to the affects of gravity and 30m drops"
No, doctors say nothing.. the CEO of this anti-corruption fund Ivan Zhdanov said that the transport police found "some poisonous substance" there (and that this substance was dangerous even for those people who were near Navalny at that time) but they denied to call the name of the substance even for the doctors.
(Sorry for mistakes, I translated it from Russian :rolleyes: )

No, doctors say nothing.. the CEO of this anti-corruption fund Ivan Zhdanov said that the transport police found "some poisonous substance" there (and that this substance was dangerous even for those people who were near Navalny at that time) but they denied to call the name of the substance even for the doctors.
(Sorry for mistakes, I translated it from Russian :rolleyes: )

I just find it painful how Putin still thinks he has any sort of credible deniability. After the Polonium and Novichok cases in the UK (both with the potential for massive collateral damage) it's pretty sickening to see how this regime operates globally.

Does he think he has credible deniability? Or is he more like Cummings, where he's untouchable and doesn't give a flying f*** whether anyone finds his denials credible? Or possibly even more like Trump ( :eek: ) where he knows that he can say / do whatever he likes and his supporters will perform whatever doublethink is required to consider it reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts