• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think about Russia and the situation? I think some of it has been fabricated by the West

i agree with TS, Putin is ex-kgb bully boy. he's a very nasty piece of work and he is only getting away with what he does because no one has the stomach to take him on... controls too many resources and a significant arsenal.

Or is out view of Russia, and Communism, distorted by Western press and ideals? When we consider that it was hopeful in the 90s that Russia would move closer to Europe and ultimately Capitalism, but this has not happened as hoped it is possible that things have been fabricated.

There has been an increased press of Russian planes and boats close to UK territory, but this has occurred for decades. This is an attempt to scare the public, and it cannot be a coincidence that it concedes with a pro-Russia leader (elected) of Ukraine being 'ousted'.

Or is out view of Russia, and Communism, distorted by Western press and ideals? When we consider that it was hopeful in the 90s that Russia would move closer to Europe and ultimately Capitalism, but this has not happened as hoped it is possible that things have been fabricated.

There has been an increased press of Russian planes and boats close to UK territory, but this has occurred for decades
. This is an attempt to scare the public, and it cannot be a coincidence that it concedes with a pro-Russia leader (elected) of Ukraine being 'ousted'.

Not to the extent of the current intrusions this is more Cold War stuff. The fact is Russia are being very aggressive not just in the invasion of the Crimea or Georgia (both condemed by the UN) but also in the way they are carrying out state backed killings of Putins oppononts in places like London using radioactive poison, if it was North Korea we would be nailing them with cruise missiles.

Yes the pro western coup has not helped things but Putin is a very very ruthless person who the west still dont know how to deal with and until they do its best to keep everyone watching the war in Syria and keep talking about the high level terrorist threat. Even though the Russian secret service have carried out more terrorist attacks on the UK main land since 9/11 than any Islamic group.

Not to the extent of the current intrusions this is more Cold War stuff. The fact is Russia are being very aggressive not just in the invasion of the Crimea or Georgia (both condemed by the UN) but also in the way they are carrying out state backed killings of Putins oppononts in places like London using radioactive poison, if it was North Korea we would be nailing them with cruise missiles.

Yes the pro western coup has not helped things but Putin is a very very ruthless person who the west still dont know how to deal with and until they do its best to keep everyone watching the war in Syria and keep talking about the high level terrorist threat. Even though the Russian secret service have carried out more terrorist attacks on the UK main land since 9/11 than any Islamic group.

I thought there was an election in Crimea and it was condemned by the UN because it gave Russia permanent access to the Black SRA and Mediterranean Sea.

What terrorist attacks have Russia been responsible for in the UK?

I am always very cautious as the West has been the route cause of many problems in the world.

I do find it interesting the nations which are now deemed to be more friendly to the West recently which were previously linked with Russia - Iran and Cuba to name two.

I thought there was an election in Crimea and it was condemned by the UN because it gave Russia permanent access to the Black SRA and Mediterranean Sea.

What terrorist attacks have Russia been responsible for in the UK?

I am always very cautious as the West has been the route cause of many problems in the world.

I do find it interesting the nations which are now deemed to be more friendly to the West recently which were previously linked with Russia - Iran and Cuba to name two.

The radioactive killing of at least 2 Russians opposed to Putin. They were also reponsible for the 'plane crash' that killed the Polish Premier and the shooting down of a Dutch airliner flying over the Ukraine.

The Crimea was overrun by Russian Regular and irregular soldiers that much was obvious to everyone.

I do agree about the west given the mess in the middle east but Putin makes GW Bush look like a sandel wearing, Guardian reading, tofu munching hippie.

So you reckon there have been more acts of terrorism by Russian S S than islamists since 911 very amusing, I don't see Putin inciting mentalists to commit atrocities over here, like Anjem Choudry and Mizanar Rhaman. Incidentally why hasn't Rhaman been locked up.

So you reckon there have been more acts of terrorism by Russian S S than islamists since 911 very amusing, I don't see Putin inciting mentalists to commit atrocities over here, like Anjem Choudry and Mizanar Rhaman. Incidentally why hasn't Rhaman been locked up.

In Britain yes

valley commando;712629[B said:
]So based on hearsay and conspiracy theory then[/B].

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and who would you prefer invade us Russia or Isis

No. Its been proved the Russians used radioactive poison to kill russian exiles in London and they also shot down a passenger liner over the Ukraine.

Dont get the second comment, are Isis posed to land in Dover with their huge navy or something?

No. Its been proved the Russians used radioactive poison to kill russian exiles in London and they also shot down a passenger liner over the Ukraine.

Dont get the second comment, are Isis posed to land in Dover with their huge navy or something?

I'm sure our mi5/6 guys have done similar stuff in Russia and elsewhere in the world it's all part of the game and we would be naive to think otherwise.
My 2nd comement was infact a question which you failed to answer.

What do we think about Russia and the situation? I think some of it has been fabricated by the West

Think that if you wish. Two problems though:

1) Where is the evidence that it is fabricated by the West? Who killed Boris Nemtsov? Why do the Ukrainian rebels have Russian weapons? What exactly is fabricated?

2) Where is the motive? No one in the world wants to have a war with Russia. Most European countries have set down very light sanctions and have been pretty feckless in their response. If the whole thing is fabricated to undermine Putin then wouldn't people like Merkel be calling for stronger sanctions?

There has been an increased press of Russian planes and boats close to UK territory, but this has occurred for decades. This is an attempt to scare the public, and it cannot be a coincidence that it concedes with a pro-Russia leader (elected) of Ukraine being 'ousted'.

I don't understand what you mean about Communism. People in Russia do not want Communism. I don't see how any rational person could say that Russia is not a Capitalist country. One could argue that Russia is more Capitalist than the UK or Ireland. They certainly spend less than the UK as a % of GDP.

Let's give it a go! Here is a thread for all political topics.
These things can get fiery, so I ask that we establish a few ground rules (please contribute if you can think of any).
-Firstly, provide sources. This goes for all articles (especially due to rights and all), quotes, figures, etc.
-No foul language (the forums stance is to avoid it). In this thread swearing (whether self, auto censored, or attempts to get around the censor) will result in a removal of the post. Exceptions are limited to quotes (with sources)
-No direct attacks on members (this goes for any thread really)

Anything else? Not trying to create nanny-forum, but I think we can have some good discussion and want to keep things on track.

Tallshort, VC, any more from you two and I'll just remove any posts from either of you in this thread.

Tallshort, VC, any more from you two and I'll just remove any posts from either of you in this thread.

What exactly are you on about check what I said, facts. Do you honestly think I or anyone else with half a brain thinks the Russians pose more danger than Isis to ordinary Brits, I reported facts and a sound argument.
I'd rather the Russians than the Yanks anyway.
Why can you remove my comments are you my Mother, what happened to free speech, I suppose we are allowed to slag off the Russians but not the Muslim extremists, how very sensitive this country is becoming.

What exactly are you on about check what I said, facts. Do you honestly think I or anyone else with half a brain thinks the Russians pose more danger than Isis to ordinary Brits, I reported facts and a sound argument.
I'd rather the Russians than the Yanks anyway.
Why can you remove my comments are you my Mother, what happened to free speech, I suppose we are allowed to slag off the Russians but not the Muslim extremists, how very sensitive this country is becoming.

It's more the fact that you're both coming across as children. No one gives to ****s about you slagging off Islamic extremists or whatever, it's the fact that you're being openly hostile to another user for no reason. And you have no free speech here. The forum isn't a democracy. If you don't like it you can go somewhere else.

I think the best description for free speech is the following.

You have the right to say what you like it doesn't give you the right to be heard.

Another note there is no free speech law in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts