• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yet another rail franchise has utterly failed and been brought back under government ownership. How about we just do away with the stupid franchise system? How many times must a franchise fail, be brought back under government ownership, fixed and then sold off to a private bidder only for them to **** the whole thing up again, every time walking away laughing with our money.

First two confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK
Whilst its not good my tiny bit of insider knowledge says its genuinely nothing to worry about currently. Although their workload is high.

Whilst its not good my tiny bit of insider knowledge says its genuinely nothing to worry about currently.
Aye, everything I've read about it from legit sources really does show that the media (social and traditional) is massively over egging it - take it seriously but don't panic etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it crop up in Coventry, with students traveling back here after Christmas break - over half of the 22,000 foreign students at Cov/Warwick unis are from mainland China apparently.

I'm flying to Japan in 5 weeks so I'm just keeping a cautious eye on there - 14 confirmed cases so far.

Any thoughts from Irish people on the leader's debates this week? Only saw around an hour of each of them, it's amazing how much a difference in the style of the moderator makes. From what I saw Leo, Howlin and surprisingly Boyd Barrett came out well enough. Ryan and Catherine Murphy both had their moments but are unfortunately hurt by their delivery.

Also the EU overwhelmingly votes to standardise mobile charging ports, unlucky UK.

Also the EU overwhelmingly votes to standardise mobile charging ports, unlucky UK.
So here's part of the complexity of what happens the UK is still subject to all EU rules and regulations for the next year nothing actually changes at 11pm this evening except we lose all practical influence over it.

Its another year before we actually are supposed to understand what our trading, regulatory and immigration policy will be like in a post-Brexit world. The Withdrawal Agreement is merely that the agreement on the terms of our leaving.

This is far from over despite what the government is trying to sell.

So here's part of the complexity of what happens the UK is still subject to all EU rules and regulations for the next year nothing actually changes at 11pm this evening except we lose all practical influence over it.

Its another year before we actually are supposed to understand what our trading, regulatory and immigration policy will be like in a post-Brexit world. The Withdrawal Agreement is merely that the agreement on the terms of our leaving.

This is far from over despite what the government is trying to sell.

I'm no expert in these matters but an eleven month transition period seems like pure fantasy in terms of getting everything sorted out. I'm braced for the Tories blaming the EU for being stubborn towards the end of the year with the transition period being extended.

Any thoughts from Irish people on the leader's debates this week? Only saw around an hour of each of them, it's amazing how much a difference in the style of the moderator makes. From what I saw Leo, Howlin and surprisingly Boyd Barrett came out well enough. Ryan and Catherine Murphy both had their moments but are unfortunately hurt by their delivery.

The UK will just add the same charges

Leo has had a good week, done FG more good than harm. Micheal Martin hasn't done/said much of substance and FF still seem to be trumpeting not being fine gael as there main tactic, although it seems to be working so why would they stop. Mary Lou didn't make much of an impact either. Eamon Ryan was decent overall but got himself into a mess a few times. Don't agree with a lot of what be says but Boyd Barrett has always been pretty eloquent and intelligent and shwoes it on Monday. Social Democrats struggled to get their point across for the most part, Labour were a bit better but need to move on from Howlin to win back voters.

Not looking forward to tomorrow.
Just got asked " When are you planning on ducking off then?"

My day does not feel brightened by the encounter!

Saw on the news a bunch of leathery old farts on the Costa del Sol having a party to celebrate Brexit.

The mind boggles.
My Brexity in-laws were going on this weekend how they once considered buying a place abroad which had several layers of irony beyond the obvious. Utterly maddening.

19/04/2016 - Michael Gove said the UK could be in the EU free trade area to avoid friction and tariffs

31/01/2020 - Michael Gove said the UK government can't guarantee frictionless trade with the EU and a Canada-style deal is ideal, which may involve tariffs and checks

Oh the difference 4 years can make...

19/04/2016 - Michael Gove said the UK could be in the EU free trade area to avoid friction and tariffs

31/01/2020 - Michael Gove said the UK government can't guarantee frictionless trade with the EU and a Canada-style deal is ideal, which may involve tariffs and checks

Oh the difference 4 years can make...
Its the greatest frustration of Remainers like myself all these these things that were described a "project fear" becoming "project fact".

Its the greatest frustration of Remainers like myself all these these things that were described a "project fear" becoming "project fact".
Well the claims were that there would be miles of traffic jams, people would be dying from lack of drugs and the rest of us would be starving through lack of Spanish olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts