• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gavin Williamson doing the briefing without any assistance.

He really is a tool

Honestly given up with briefings. Just an excuse for conservative ministers to spout their propaganda and pretend everything is great.

Anyone else notice the language about reducing to 1meter today changed from pubs and clubs to schools.

Anyone else notice the language about reducing to 1meter today changed from pubs and clubs to schools.
Why not is the reply.
Given that.
Less than double figures died.
50% less likely to pass on.
If they get it most mild.
All studies from other countries where schools are back no spikes.
Sorry fail to see why our least vulnerable are most protected.
Cant see sense.
Others will of course.

All studies from other countries where schools are back no spikes.
Didn't South Korea have a spike and have to re-close schools?

I do get where you're coming from with the other points, however - with children I think 1m vs 2m is a pretty moot point. The rules will be broken by kids regardless, the argument should be open vs closed, not 1m vs 2m.

The main issue is the teachers/staff having their risk of infection increased, imo.
I feel grimey after going into the supermarket let alone being trapped in a classroom for 8hrs with 10/20/30 people.

Didn't South Korea have a spike and have to re-close schools?

I do get where you're coming from with the other points, however - with children I think 1m vs 2m is a pretty moot point. The rules will be broken by kids regardless, the argument should be open vs closed, not 1m vs 2m.

The main issue is the teachers/staff having their risk of infection increased, imo.
I feel grimey after going into the supermarket let alone being trapped in a classroom for 8hrs with 10/20/30 people.
You are correct but not all schools just a small area.
I would 100% advocate close a school where there is an out break.
But in an area where nothing is happening why deprive our future.
I'm an old fart my grandchildren however are not, we are perhaps Catastrophically stunting them when overwhelmingly evidence points otherwise.
I respect your opinion but choose to disagree.

My brother's school have just finished their first week back - for some year groups.
No pupil is back for more than 1 day a week in order to keep class sizes down.
For 3 weeks until the end of term.
I'm sure those 3 days are going to be oh so beneficial...

How about doing away with kids' summer holidays and doing the catch up of the school they missed?

have half the class attend, the other half on zoom and alternate?

Looks like social media companies may finally be growing a pair.

Also the department of justice in the USA have announced the chief prosecutor had decided to step down, which came as a surprise to the chief precursor who has stated he isn't. Anyone guess what he may have done? Yep protecting individuals and caring out investigations that are inconvenient to trump. If Biden wins, Barr is going to face a reckoning for his blatant corruption.

No thoughts/comments on the multiple (I think we're up to 7 in two weeks?) lynchings?
No?

I wonder why.

George Washington statue pulled down and then the USA flag draped over it and burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts