• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Huawei's equipment to be removed from 5G network by 2027. Gonna hurt both politically, economically, and technologically. But has to be done if Huawei cannot be trusted and conspiring to allow CCP a backdoor into UK network. Will probably put off getting a 5G phone until I know the network will be upgraded with an alternative provider of equipment.

A decision made because of security reasons, or because of USA sanctions and trade deal?

Seems strange that they are nervous about a China-linked company creating the 5G network, but are currently perfectly happy for them build a nuclear plant in the UK

A decision made because of security reasons, or because of USA sanctions and trade deal?

Seems strange that they are nervous about a China-linked company creating the 5G network, but are currently perfectly happy for them build a nuclear plant in the UK
I imagine it's also a statement in regards to HK, it's a high profile rejection of the CCP on the national stage.
Oh the beauties of geopolitics

Phew.

Followed by the Tories throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing him out of the party... Seriously there is so little shame in the party. Grayling is a notorious failure and everything he has touched has turned to ****. They then wanted to put him in charge of an already failing system that has witheld the Russia report? Has he got pictures of Johnson naked or something?

Followed by the Tories throwing their toys out of the pram and throwing him out of the party... Seriously there is so little shame in the party. Grayling is a notorious failure and everything he has touched has turned to ****. They then wanted to put him in charge of an already failing system that has witheld the Russia report? Has he got pictures of Johnson naked or something?
I think it was more to do with the explicitly being told not to run and then going and colluding with labour anyway.

Absolutely shouldn't have been kicked out but I understand why he was

TBF he broke the party line to instill himself as the head of a pretty powerful subcommittee. Any party would very likely do the same.

TBF he broke the party line to instill himself as the head of a pretty powerful subcommittee. Any party would very likely do the same.

Which would be kinda understandable if it wasn't for the fact the alternative was Grayling. The name has become synonymous with failure and I wouldn't let him use a microwave unsupervised, let alone head up the intelligence committee. The fact he is still getting any sort of positions in government is farcical.

Yeah I think the big story is that he felt strongly enough to go against the partyline, being a life long Tory and an MP for decades.
Usually those guys are supreme bootlickers - if he's had enough to go against the government in such a public way then maybe there is trouble at t'mill.
Getting the whip withdrawn was inevitable, but hopefully it can get a few more people (publically) questioning the wisdom of the Bojo/Cummings partnership

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1594913390267.jpg
    FB_IMG_1594913390267.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 15

Is anyone finding it a bit strange that Corbyn is getting the biggest focus with this Russia report and not the Conservative government?

You can see him visibly shocked, then uncomfortable, and have to re-compose himself the moment he's contradicted - of course, he fails

Yeah it looks like he's about the do is usual tactic of hurling personal insults and shouting but has just enough sense to not do it, although not enough sense to realise he is lying. Credit to Chris Wallace, he is fundamentally a very right wing journalist but at least has some integrity about him. Fox news has been dancing on the edge of what is legal as much of the stuff they are coming out with is outright defamation. They have been lucky not to have been taken to court more for how they act.

In other news, the Trump Gestapo are out in force in Portland with unidentified federal agents jumping out of unmarked cars, grabbing people off the streets without warning and taking them away to detention centres. Everything about this administration screams fascism and not in the hyperbolic sense often used. Unmarked and unaccountable government agents harassing opposition without due process is not part of a functioning democratic society.

Video is in the tweet, but not in the article
A police officer punched and dragged a homeless man who was allegedly taking up more than one seat on a near-empty subway train in Manhattan, body camera video from May shows.

But Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance is charging the bloodied man with felony assault, punishable by up to seven years in prison, for allegedly kicking the officer's hand while the cop tried to cuff him on the platform of the Midtown station.

Saha said in a criminal complaint that Long told him Joseph kicked his right hand while the officers attempted to cuff the ejected rider on the platform. Long, according to Saha, "sustained swelling and substantial pain to the knuckles of his right hand and was transported to the hospital."
"He informs me that because of the swelling he is unable to open and close his hand without experiencing pain," Saha said.
It's called a boxer's fracture - and yet get it from punching someone in the face with inadequate hand protection - not from someone kicking your hand away.

ETA: Apparently Vance is the same DA who refused to prosecute Harvey Weinstein due to a lack of evidence.

Well worth 10mins of your time to watch this and see just how incompetently the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

If this independent enquiry happens (I'm sceptical, as Johnson was the one to announce it) then a lot of these fuckers should be banged up.
Criminal negligence and incompetence that has led to tens of thousands of deaths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts