• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Question for People from New Zealand

<div class='quotemain'> Does anyone else eat them with the skin on? :blush: [/b]

yeah i do too, but its more of a "i eat the skin on because im to f***in lazy to get a spoon and eat it like a normal person.
[/b][/quote]
With a spoon? Never tried that. I just slice it the same way you would slice a cucumber, so the core and seeds are still intact. Do you use the skin like a bowl? the same way you'd eat an avo out of its skin

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Does anyone else eat them with the skin on? :blush: [/b]

yeah i do too, but its more of a "i eat the skin on because im to f***in lazy to get a spoon and eat it like a normal person.
[/b][/quote]
With a spoon? Never tried that. I just slice it the same way you would slice a cucumber, so the core and seeds are still intact. Do you use the skin like a bowl? the same way you'd eat an avo out of its skin [/b][/quote]

yeah, as a bowl. like you would a fejoa. i remember the good ol' days when i went to school with my kiwi fruit and fejoa, and my metal spoon, and you cut it open with the end of the spoon (blunt as it may be) and eating it with the spoon. great times.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
With a spoon? Never tried that. I just slice it the same way you would slice a cucumber, so the core and seeds are still intact. Do you use the skin like a bowl? the same way you'd eat an avo out of its skin [/b][/quote]

yeah, as a bowl. like you would a fejoa. i remember the good ol' days when i went to school with my kiwi fruit and fejoa, and my metal spoon, and you cut it open with the end of the spoon (blunt as it may be) and eating it with the spoon. great times.
[/b][/quote]

Oh my god, you like feijoas???? I love those, but they are wicked expensive here. They are like my favorite fruit in the whole world. Here they cost $2 or $3, which is like $2.64 NZ to $3.97 NZ for one fruit. So, yeah, pretty expensive. How much do they cost where you live?

Im eating a Kiwi fruit right now, i wonder if the French ate any before the world cup quarter final ;) [/b]

Actually there are many Kiwi fields in the South of France, thus we can have kiwi fruits all the year long.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Oh my god, you like feijoas???? I love those, but they are wicked expensive here. They are like my favorite fruit in the whole world. Here they cost $2 or $3, which is like $2.64 NZ to $3.97 NZ for one fruit. So, yeah, pretty expensive. How much do they cost where you live?
[/b][/quote]

Virtually every street in NZ Suberbs will have at least 1 house which will have a Fejoa Tree in their front or backyard.

I don't think i've ever paid for one in my life, every house i've lived in has had at least 2 Fejoa Tree's. At Primary School and Intermediate I would load on them in the morning while walking to school since the street I lived on must've had about 20 of them in front yards on the one side alone, and in the afternoon walk along the other side of the street and just pick off Mandarins.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Virtually every street in NZ Suberbs will have at least 1 house which will have a Fejoa Tree in their front or backyard.

I don't think i've ever paid for one in my life, every house i've lived in has had at least 2 Fejoa Tree's. At Primary School and Intermediate I would load on them in the morning while walking to school since the street I lived on must've had about 20 of them in front yards on the one side alone, and in the afternoon walk along the other side of the street and just pick off Mandarins. [/b][/quote]

yeah same here. if you dont have a fejoa tree in your backyard, its almost a guarntee that your neigbours, aunts, uncles, friends etc will. and there good fruiting plants. i actually dont know of any other tree that gives off that much fruit. i can remember, my aunt giving us about 4 plastic bag fulls of them and she still had loads left on the tree. why they so expensive? dont they grow in usa?

Yeah, they grow in California, but they are really rare and can only be grown in small areas. So therefore, feijoas=expensive.

yeah we had 3 trees of black boy peaches, or the golden peaches. they were all good as well. a great desert but you get sick of them after a while.

and don't forget the lemon tree...

I remember Chinese Gooseberries. Changing the name was almost forgivable since they resemble a kiwi, or at least as close to a kiwi as a fruit is going to get.

In the UK most 'kiwifruit' in the supermarkets seem to be from Spain, Italy, or France, so I guess the name chinese gooseberry is history.

I used to eat kiwifruit whole, but I swear they have got hairier, or maybe it's these euro-kiwifruits. light scrub helps.

I was back in NZ early this year and tried golden kiwifruit and they're awful. First time I had feijoas in about 12 years though!

I for one am under the impression that anything european is hairless. Or at leastjust the women

Kiwifruit is nice, but is overpriced in the UK and a little overrated. It's more of a decoration with a subtle taste than something you'd eat for it's taste alone. Nice for decorating cakes.

It is especially nice in a fruit salad with peaches and strawberries.

Strawberry and Kiwi would go really well for a juice drink, if it hasn't been done already.

I for one am under the impression that anything european is hairless. Or at leastjust the women
[/b]
Nah, European is more hair eg. womens armpits/underareas

Does anyone else eat them with the skin on? :blush: [/b]

I dont but i do eat the skin leave a little of the kiwifruit flesh inside and eat its delicious. :)

yeah if you ever see that kiwifruit nectar in the shops, i would have to say its the most thurst quenching refreshing drink ive had.
[/b]
I was talking about the alcoholic beverage but nonetheless still makes you refreshingly drunk.

Incredible Schalk what you practicing for by eating something that hairy? :bana: [/b][/quote]
HEHEHEAHAHAHA

Where he's from, the females haven't yet came across a primitive razor or even the more futuristic waxing kits. :carrot: [/b][/quote]

Hahahaha classic.

Latest posts