• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Question for People from New Zealand

U

USA_Rugby

How commonly do people eat kiwifruit there?

I was just wondering cause most of the kiwis I buy come from NZ.

S

sambãd5

haha good question. when in season, couple of times a week. good in a fruit salad or a classic kiwi pav.

N

nam97

I hardly ever eat kiwi fruit come to think of it. Maybe 1 every 2 months on average.

R

Rhinos Flanker

Im not from new zealand but I love Kiwis and eat them daily....thought id drop in and give me two cents

I

Incredible Schalk

Im eating a Kiwi fruit right now, i wonder if the French ate any before the world cup quarter final ;)

W

woosaah

does anyone else cringe every time someone says they are eating a kiwi? or is it just me?

kiwis are nice flightless birds and dont deserve to be eaten.

I like the green kiwi fruits, i eat them in stages though. Sometimes they are nice sometimes they are too tangy. I hate the golden kiwi fruits, they just taste like crap :)

S

sambãd5

I hate the golden kiwi fruits, they just taste like crap :) [/b]

yeah there a waste of time. just a novolty realy. slightly sweeter, but dont have as much tang as the normal ones.

S

Steve-o

I drink kiwi flavoured Brutal Fruit on occasion if that counts. Anyway they also grow kiwi fruit right here in SA. I basically never see any from NZ anymore, only posh grocery stores have them, they somehow think they're better :rolleyes:

S

sambãd5

yeah if you ever see that kiwifruit nectar in the shops, i would have to say its the most thurst quenching refreshing drink ive had.

B

Brodizzle

Kiwifruit = Chinese Gooseberries...renamed to kiwifruit for marketing purposes, wrong question to ask :)

S

Steve-o

yeah if you ever see that kiwifruit nectar in the shops, i would have to say its the most thurst quenching refreshing drink ive had.
[/b]
I was talking about the alcoholic beverage but nonetheless still makes you refreshingly drunk.

Incredible Schalk what you practicing for by eating something that hairy? :bana:

M

melon

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I was talking about the alcoholic beverage but nonetheless still makes you refreshingly drunk.

Incredible Schalk what you practicing for by eating something that hairy? :bana: [/b][/quote]
HEHEHEAHAHAHA

Where he's from, the females haven't yet came across a primitive razor or even the more futuristic waxing kits. :carrot:

C

Caledfwlch

Kiwifruit = Chinese Gooseberries...renamed to kiwifruit for marketing purposes, wrong question to ask :) [/b]

Actually, they renamed it because they didn't like the Communist twang it had to it. Chinese gooseberry. Haha

I

Incredible Schalk

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Incredible Schalk what you practicing for by eating something that hairy? :bana:
[/b][/quote]

I presume thats a rhetorical question :unsure:

U

USA_Rugby

Yep, I eat kiwifruit with the skin on. It's the best way to eat them! Just give 'em a light scrub and they're ready to go.

I agree about the golden kiwifruit. They taste like crap. Does anyone actually like them? They just taste like really watered down kiwifruit. Gross.

B

Bullitt

does anyone else cringe every time someone says they are eating a kiwi? or is it just me?

kiwis are nice flightless birds and dont deserve to be eaten. [/b]

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

S

sambãd5

Does anyone else eat them with the skin on? :blush: [/b]

yeah i do too, but its more of a "i eat the skin on because im to f***in lazy to get a spoon and eat it like a normal person.

Latest posts