• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A return to England for Varndell?

Decent 7's player, but barely good enough to make England's bench let alone the starting 15.

Considering how good Strettle is and how well Sackey has come on over the course of the World Cup I'd say that to bring back Varndell would be nuts to be honest. I'd rather bring in Noah Cato from Saracens A than put in Varndell...

Other players in line for callups also include Chris Ashton, Leslie Vinakolo, Bielzebubamanamanamanamon (at Bath), Simpson-Daniel, Paul Diggin, Daniel Thomas, Timm Web, Chris Brewer, Charlie Gough, Matt Wier (through an ancestral visa) and Peter Vine. All are far superior wingers.

It's the blonde hair, makes you look Scandinavian.

Or at least one of Hitlers master race! :p

Other players in line for callups also include Chris Ashton, Leslie Vinakolo, Bielzebubamanamanamanamon (at Bath), Simpson-Daniel, Paul Diggin, Daniel Thomas, Timm Web, Chris Brewer, Charlie Gough, Matt Wier (through an ancestral visa) and Peter Vine. All are far superior wingers. [/b]

Oh yeah man, me and Charlie cut through Tim and Matt like hot knives through butter...for about two seconds before we got tired and went to get some drinks...

I think you guys are a bit harsh with Varndell, but the truth is that I would choose Sackey over him any time (he is much better defensively now), and probably Cueto too. Dave Strettle still needs too confirm his impressive debut in last year's 6N. But I'm very interested to see how Vainikolo does, and I'd also like another chance to be given to Simpson-Daniel now that Ashton has promised a more expansive game.

I think you guys are a bit harsh with Varndell, but the truth is that I would choose Sackey over him any time (he is much better defensively now), and probably Cueto too. Dave Strettle still needs too confirm his impressive debut in last year's 6N. But I'm very interested to see how Vainikolo does, and I'd also like another chance to be given to Simpson-Daniel now that Ashton has promised a more expansive game.
[/b]

definately take sackey over varndell

Varndell has worked hard on his defense, he has the pace and skill to deserver a call up

hes good....he played well on friday for the saxons but he does seem to be a potential balshaw.....

hes good....he played well on friday for the saxons but he does seem to be a potential balshaw.....
[/b]

Was at Welford road for the Saxons game. He had a shocking first half, poor handling and absolutely no impact on the game. Had a nice individual effort for one of his tries but the other was given to him on a plate. Also he might of been working on his defence but he didn't make a single tackle in the entire game. Geraghty and Crane both had fantastic games but Varndell seems to get the credit. As you can probably tell I really dont rate him.

watched Vardell live on sat and he is appalling. Simpson daniel is in another league.

<div class='quotemain'> Other players in line for callups also include Chris Ashton, Leslie Vinakolo, Bielzebubamanamanamanamon (at Bath), Simpson-Daniel, Paul Diggin, Daniel Thomas, Timm Web, Chris Brewer, Charlie Gough, Matt Wier (through an ancestral visa) and Peter Vine. All are far superior wingers. [/b]

Oh yeah man, me and Charlie cut through Tim and Matt like hot knives through butter...for about two seconds before we got tired and went to get some drinks...
[/b][/quote]

As soon as we saw that pub we were gone!!!

Imagine if we were in a predicament where we had to pick Varndell. Although Brian Ashton apparently wanted to bring him to South Africa in the summer according to that Sweet Chariot DVD

what does JSD have to do to get a call you wonder? unless Brian Ashton has a policy against balding wingers...

I wasn't sure about Vainikolo at first, but he's proved me wrong. So maybe Varndell can do the same?

Latest posts