• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ACT Brumbies vs Western Force

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Feb 28 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Feb 28 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fushi - the ref was terrible at the breakdown. some of the brumby fwds got away with murder. Just as well the ref gave em some token penalties to keep em in the game otherwise it wouldve been a flogging! :p[/b]

That's rubbish... the Brumbies' forwards were simply better... there were actually a few instances were they were penalised when they were clearly in the right... the Force really didn't get their act together in this aspect of the game until quite late... but the Force have always had the worst of the Australian packs...

I felt Holmes did well when he came on... made some really good breaks... unfortunately the Brumbies' attack was an absolute mess by that stage in the game...
[/b][/quote]

Listening to the foxsports wankfest over Smith and co I dont think they were simply better, especially against a pack with injured players. End of the day I've got no idea who's gonna be in the top 4 after the results this round :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Mar 1 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Mar 1 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Feb 28 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fushi - the ref was terrible at the breakdown. some of the brumby fwds got away with murder. Just as well the ref gave em some token penalties to keep em in the game otherwise it wouldve been a flogging! :p[/b]

That's rubbish... the Brumbies' forwards were simply better... there were actually a few instances were they were penalised when they were clearly in the right... the Force really didn't get their act together in this aspect of the game until quite late... but the Force have always had the worst of the Australian packs...

[/b][/quote]

Ur just upset that even with 18 players on the field for the brumbies they still couldnt compete with the force. :lol: Brumbies showed nothing in attack and defense wasnt any better allowing 4 tries. Their only highlight was the penalty try for dominating a pack where the loosehead prop was clearly carrying an injury and so was the hooker who also copped a fist to the head from shepherdson. Force could have quite easily removed the prop and hooker and turned to uncontested scrums, but they tuffed it out and i guess gave the brumbies some more charity points.
Im hoping when we play the waratahs we get a kiwi or saffa ref. Its unlikely but the ref last nite was clueless not to mention clearly an eastern australian...... :p
Fancy seeing the young brumby fullback knowing the rules better then the ref. :lol:
[/b][/quote]

I accept that the Force backline was much better organised and took advantage of their opportunities which resulted in Cameron Shepherd getting 3 deserved tries...

But the Force pack was utterly hopeless all night... the Brumbies scrum dominated them from the start of the game so you can't go blaming injuries late in the game for that penalty try... the fact is that the Force have the weakest scrum in the competition and they were getting pushed back ALL GAME...

Also, Pocock got absolutely schooled by George Smith... you can't go blaming the referee because the Force failed to retain possession at the breakdown on numerous occasions... the Brumbies simply had a better backrow and it wouldn't have mattered who the referee was...

It all sounds like 'Richie McCaw is a cheat' kind of rhetoric... you have to accept the parts of the Force's game which were faulty...

I've always given the Force credit for their backline but until they get a decent pack they can't win the competition.. and after Giteau goes it's going to make it even harder for them...

I'm absolutely disappointed by the Brumbies extremely average display but the fact is their forwards played pretty well, and unfortunately their backline couldn't muster any kind of counter attack to add points to the turnovers...

Friend is going to decide whether he'll persist with Lealiifano and try and tinker with their style or dump him for Toomua... who knows... at least they've got a week off to work something out because if they don't beat the Tahs their season is in a lot of trouble going into the South African trip...

I rate the brumbies pack as the best pack amongst the ozzie teams and the force having the worst, but the domination didnt occur until the moments leading up to the penalty try when the front row were obviously carrying injuries. Till then they were just holding their own and once cowan came off it was a bit more steady.

As far as the breakdown goes if you think ur gonna give last nites refereeing any credibility then you need to take a look at urself.hahaha

I agree smith had the honours but hoilles had little impact where as richard brown kicked some arse. Not to mention pelasasa and cross often made the defence of the forwards look pretty ordinary with a special mention to pelasasa's bust against 4 or 5 brumbie forwards to set up richard browns try.
Yeah the brumby forwards were awesome! hahahaha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Mar 1 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As far as the breakdown goes if you think ur gonna give last nites refereeing any credibility then you need to take a look at urself.hahaha[/b]

There was no issue with the breakdown... the Brumbies dominated that department with superior counter rucking... it's as simple as that.

If you're going to blame the ref for the messiah Pocock having no impact then that's fine. I'm not going to bother arguing any further.

Brown played alright albeit a few high shots...

The Brumbies defence in general was pretty woeful... as highlighted by that Pelesasa bust... even Mortlock had an off night in that department...

Latest posts