• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Advices Please

A

alexrugby

Hey guyzzz

I started amateur rugby trainings and I very happy for that, I even made separate Topic about my news

Well besides playing this great and amazing game, I experience numerous problems, mostly in a physical conditions

I used to play basketball 6 years ago and that fit condition was lost with time and heavy medical study

And a new coach is too loyal towards me, he just demands skill from me which as he told he gets (cool) ;)

Guyzz can you tell me, and mostly advice how to train to get physical condition demanded by number 13 position, as the coach said I will be good there

Well ready to get your advices I am looking for your posts

Thanks in advance

Cheers ;)

I guess no one is gonna help me and give me some advices :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

13 is a fairly varied position physically, although this will tend to be the quicker of the two centres. Pace is one thing you should definitely work on, but you'll also need to be strong tackling on both shoulders.

I wouldn't say there's any key physical traits that you need to work on, as all modern players are required to perform any given tasks (backs ruck and maul almost as much as forwards these days), so just concentrate on overall fitness (you'll be running a lot!) and then any additional time you can devote to speed training and upper body strength. Oh, and as always, core stability should feature too!

Hope that helps?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jun 27 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
13 is a fairly varied position physically, although this will tend to be the quicker of the two centres. Pace is one thing you should definitely work on, but you'll also need to be strong tackling on both shoulders.

I wouldn't say there's any key physical traits that you need to work on, as all modern players are required to perform any given tasks (backs ruck and maul almost as much as forwards these days), so just concentrate on overall fitness (you'll be running a lot!) and then any additional time you can devote to speed training and upper body strength. Oh, and as always, core stability should feature too!

Hope that helps?[/b]

Thanks it helps definitely bro

And what you mean under Core Stability?

Let me google that for you

:D Just kidding.

Core muscles are the ones surrounding your abdominals and are very important in transferring power throughout your body, as well as preventing injuries etc. There are some good examples of exercises here but plenty of other resources.

I'm sure other people can talk more scientifically about why this is so important, but I really noticed improvements in all aspects of strength, speed etc when I developed my core more effectively

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jun 27 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let me google that for you

:D Just kidding.

Core muscles are the ones surrounding your abdominals and are very important in transferring power throughout your body, as well as preventing injuries etc. There are some good examples of exercises here but plenty of other resources.

I'm sure other people can talk more scientifically about why this is so important, but I really noticed improvements in all aspects of strength, speed etc when I developed my core more effectively[/b]

Aahahaaa thanks :p :p :p

Good I'll take a look definitely :lol: :cheers:

How hard are you prepared to train? What spare time do you have in your week left for rugby training?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 27 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How hard are you prepared to train? What spare time do you have in your week left for rugby training?[/b]

Up to 2-3 Hours everyday and more than 3-4 hours while weekends even more

But anyway I can extend training time, also extend study time and shorten sleep duration :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 27 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 27 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How hard are you prepared to train? What spare time do you have in your week left for rugby training?[/b]

Up to 2-3 Hours everyday and more than 3-4 hours while weekends even more

But anyway I can extend training time, also extend study time and shorten sleep duration :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

You're taking it seriously!

If only I had that dedication...

Oh and about playing 13. It's a position for varying styles; you'll find some crash-ball players, some runners and some playmakers. Tackling, as said above, is important, and passing (more timing than the physical action) will be key for releasing the wingers. (Though if you're playing at an amateur level the ball may never get that far!)

I have no idea how the coach is intending to use you (i.e as a big man, or a silky runner etc) so it would be a good idea to see what he expects. Also communicate with the other backs a lot! This will help more than you'd imagine.

It might be useful for you to play your first few games on the wing, then move in, so you have a greater appreciation of your role.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ Jun 27 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh and about playing 13. It's a position for varying styles; you'll find some crash-ball players, some runners and some playmakers. Tackling, as said above, is important, and passing (more timing than the physical action) will be key for releasing the wingers. (Though if you're playing at an amateur level the ball may never get that far!)

I have no idea how the coach is intending to use you (i.e as a big man, or a silky runner etc) so it would be a good idea to see what he expects. Also communicate with the other backs a lot! This will help more than you'd imagine.

It might be useful for you to play your first few games on the wing, then move in, so you have a greater appreciation of your role.[/b]

Well I take it seriously, because for the first time in my life I managed to play the game called Rugby

Coach wants me to distribute and tackle, and crash the defense

I used to play basketball before (years ago) where I was play maker and passing is actually my world

Tackling: great I like it, but more fitness I need

Speed: not like a cheetah but also not like a turtle ;) but work is needed

So if I said I will play Rugby then I will make all my best in the frames of my possibilities
Thanks guyz very much, I appreciate your help, thanks a lot

Well as you told me

Latest posts