• Total voters
M

mark_shaw

as part of a school project,
i am intersted to no if adults play video games aswell as kids

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Mar 5 2005, 03:36 PM
as part of a school project,
i am intersted to no if adults play video games aswell as kids
Thanks Mark, makes me feel old, and an old gamer at that. We've come along way since Pong (first video game ever for you youngin's that may not know).

ha ha, yes it is very intersting , my father at age 47 has never picked up a game controller in his life, and i would like to know if any1 has or is a dad that does frequently

You know I wondered that myself as a kid, I thought "maybe I'll just get all hairy and never touch a video game again?".

But no. Im almost 22 now and although you naturally always have periods where your console racks up a bit of dust it still gets a play whenever a new sports game comes out. I spose the only thing that changes is single player games do get a bit boring when you live a busier life growing up, but multiplayer games will always be fun if you've got a few mates and a few cold beers to go through!

My step-dad is really into video games, but not sports games, only really FPS on PCs.

id find it amazing to have my dad able 2 beat me on the playstaion!!!! crazy

Well, not only am I old (35), I'm also a Dad, so you can add at least one to your list.

hmmn, I'm 22 and have played videogames ever since I can remember probably around 3. I've owned consolewise, atari 2600, master system, nes, megadrive, snes, playstation, n64, dreamcast, ps2, gamecube, xbox, and probably haven't gone longer than a week without playing some form of videogame. Might be a bit excessive but i loves the spacies

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Mar 5 2005, 03:42 PM
ha ha, yes it is very intersting , my father at age 47 has never picked up a game controller in his life, and i would like to know if any1 has or is a dad that does frequently
My mates dad is 60 and used to be a meat worker at an abatoir and he loves first person shooters on PC! My friend got his computer made really geared for games and his dad came along for the ride and now he loves it! He's very good at most FPS's, way better than i am!

Well I'm another sterotypical game-playing teenager to be added to your list
<

well i'm 30, i'm married, i've got 2 kids
and i 'm a gamer if there are any on this planet
i've been playing since the days of pong
i've got a room in my house i call the museum: full of consoles (from Master system to PS2)
I work in the video game industry
and i think i'll play until my last breath

so........doctor........What's wrong with me

35 here, maried, one eight years old kid.
working in my videogames shop in montpellier.
absolutly fan of rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
30 or over!!!!!!![/b]

You make it sound like 30 is ancient!
<

I might have thought that 10-12 years ago, but with that age rapidly approaching, it doesn't seem quite so old anymore!
<

well im 15 and my dad is 35 and we regurlarly play jonah lomu rugby but r*gby 2**4 turned him off ps2 and my copy of lomu rugby broke so end of ps2 days with my dad for now until the 10th of march
<

well im 38 married and 2 kids.i've played video games all my life.in my 20's it kinda taled off a bit,but as i settled down i find myself heavy into all the sports gaming.the best thing about being an (older) gamer is that if i want to buy a game,i just go get it.i dont have to beg my parents for the $ or wait until the games have been out awile before i get the $ to buy it. it feels great to just walk in and pick up a game and buy it,while some teenagers look at you like you are THE MAN.

Originally posted by ricfalcons@Mar 6 2005, 06:04 AM
the best thing about being an (older) gamer is that if i want to buy a game,i just go get it.i dont have to beg my parents for the $ or wait until the games have been out awile before i get the $ to buy it. it feels great to just walk in and pick up a game and buy it,while some teenagers look at you like you are THE MAN.
Show off
<

Originally posted by ricfalcons@Mar 6 2005, 05:04 AM
well im 38 married and 2 kids.i've played video games all my life.in my 20's it kinda taled off a bit,but as i settled down i find myself heavy into all the sports gaming.the best thing about being an (older) gamer is that if i want to buy a game,i just go get it.i dont have to beg my parents for the $ or wait until the games have been out awile before i get the $ to buy it. it feels great to just walk in and pick up a game and buy it,while some teenagers look at you like you are THE MAN.
i echo that...in my 20's i started to limit my play to only sports games and then only to rugby in my 30's. so i haven't been playing much at all in the last 1+ year, but will play R2005 until my fingers bleed.

Latest posts