• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Air New Zealand Cup Mod

ok B-rad has been working and has managed to somehow add the 2 teams who were taken out of the tournament. So now you can play all 14 teams in the tournament and all 14 teams in play now!

He is now just doing the 2008 fixtures

Yep, I will painstakingly edit every game of every round in the .xml file and post it when finished.
The only problem is the Rfe files (Which are encrypted). These are the menu screens (Team select menu screen in Air NZ Cup Mode). Until someone finds out how to edit them - you will not be able to play an Air NZ Competition using Counties or Manawatu.
I was thinking of removing the option to select Auckland and Canterbury, but still being able to play against them.
Tommorrow, I will start updating all NZ teams to their 2008 squads.

why remove Auckland and Canterbury. That's like half of everyone who will download this will not have their team. Why not stick to the ol' Manawatu+Counties trick. Hopefully this is not too late for you to change...

Also we can do the 08 roster later in our mini patch thing where Jawmalawm and I will add away kits. I think what we really want to do is get this released A.S.A.P.

Lastly I will start editing your SANZAR roster with captains ect.

I saw ChiefsFan requesting screenshots of the ANZ Cup Mod kits so here they are:

Canterbury & Auckland

Counties Manukau Steelers & Hawkes Bay Magpies

North Harbour & Manawatu Turbos

Otago & Northland Taniwha

Tasman Mako & Waikato

By jawmalawm24

ah it looks like your computer is fixed!

B-rad has edited flags and done the logo's and is currently working on the english file and the tournament teams.

Yeah I had to reinstall Windows but it's still crashing I just tried editing my post to put in the final 2 kits but I'll just do it on this one.

Choice can't wait for this to all come together it's looking real good at the moment.

Here is the link to the flags and banners.
http://files.filefront.com/Update+1zip/;11...;/fileinfo.html

The logos are in the Sanzar Cup Mod (which is here)
http://files.filefront.com/Sanzar+Cup+Modz...;/fileinfo.html

and the .english file.
http://files.filefront.com/dc371d84ed78d4c...;/fileinfo.html

I know that the international teams are a bit muddled up, but I will create a seperate zip file to undo all the changes for the Sanzar Cup / Air NZ Cup mod - to restore all the teams to their default settings.
The problem lies in having to replace players in the database to create new players. I got rid of nearly all the international squads to do the Air NZ Cup and Sanzar Cup roster.

In regards to the tournament files, I edited these files in an attempt to replace the Guinness Premiership
00835bf92533db4.....rsg
f65527b45................rsg

I used xml notepad to change the fixtures on the file. When I loaded the file into the game - I was able to play against Counties Manukau - who were an unavailable team on the team selection screen - using Auckland (in Air NZ Cup Mode).
After the end of round one (or when I went to the tournament central screen) - the game crashed.
I suspect that it may be something to do with the encrypted rfe files - which are the screens which display the data such as (Next match: Auckland Vs Counties Manukau, team select screens). I really had my hopes up about editing the tournament format until I found this out. :wall:

Had to make another different post couldn't edit my last one tried a million times but it wouldn't do it. Anyway it'll be good to release this mod before next Thursday when the ANZ Cup season starts but like you've said tommowins we'll probably add the 2008 kits as away kits later on.

Now should we release this seperate to the Sanzar Cup mod or as a whole because B-rad has done some really good work on the Currie Cup and Australian Rugby Championship It's just up to you B-rad if you want to or should we just keep it as a seperate ANZ Cup mod.

Nice work B-rad I've installed the Sanzar Cup mod you've made with all the kits and everything and it makes Rugby08 100 times better than what Ea could ever do.

I have said to B-rad that there may be some Aussies or South Africans who dont want the Air NZ Cup patch. I say release them seperatly. The only drama is the english file as there is only one of them but we can open a sticky thread called 'Important SANZAR file' and explain that this english file is only for NZL'ers who want both patches.

Also, B-rad does this mean to just leave out the rsg. files for the time being, until hopefully we can figure it out for our little update thing?

LAstly we can add a comment in the readme that this roster is only for the AirNZ Cup. Because you can have multiple rosters, one for internationals and one for AirNZ Cup

(Combining Mods)..It depends on what you and Tommo are wanting to create. Either way, I don't mind what happens to the Sanzar Cup Mod. I discontinued it, then found out that a few people were interested in it - so continued on with it.
I felt that I just had to replace the remaining 16 Euro Teams - because I never play the European trophy.
With the rfe files someone will firstly have to crack the rfe files (or be a computer whizz) in order to change the match fixtures. When this is possible - we can just add the new rfe files as an update.

Just tested out the flags, banners etc. work perfectly but like you said I went to go start the ANZ Cup and it crashed.

I think it'll better if we release it as a whole because if we do it seperate there's too many little nigly bits for people to download and they won't know where to put what. So give us a heads up when you think the SAF and AUS part of the mod might be finished and than we'll gather all the files and release it.

I'm playing it right now and when I got to select the team in tournament mode than press continue it just keeps crashing damn would of been good to have all 14 teams in it but still it's all good just playing in play now mode.

sorry B-rad but your English file is .file or something

Here's a pic:

OK i'm goin to bed I will leave it up to you guys to discuss a combined or seperate patch. I have everything assembled (aprt from thing above) when you need it so tell me when you need it. Also other members say what you want, a combined or seperate Air NZ Cup and SANZAR.

Damn it. Filefront changed the name of the file. I have compressed it in a zip file and the link for the .english file is here.
http://files.filefront.com/dc371d84ed78d4c...;/fileinfo.html

I read that ross munro and steynboi were talking about editing fixtures for the Tri Nations in another thread. If they are successful, we could use the same method for the Air NZ Cup

Delete the rsg files from update1.zip to prevent the game from crashing.

ok so are you thinking of editing the fixtures or adding teams or both. Have we come to any decision about releasing both together. Also the english international team names again.

We should release both together. If not, we will have to decide on what to do with the other 16 European teams that havent been replaced.
I am currently making two zip files. One for the Sanzar patch and another for default team names and settings.
Both can be extracted in the main rugby08 directory and will overwrite each other. International games can be played by using the default settings, while Air NZ cup and Sanzar Cup matches can be played by first extracting the Sanzar patch. That way, we can have both options.

i did edit the tri nation fixture list.

2ut1amc.jpg

if you want maybe i can do the air cup fixture for you but i would need fixture list.

i will try edit the tri nations in a minute. Probably yes for extra game for each team i dunno about each team though :S.