• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Air NZ Cup - Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melon

<div align="center">
airnzcupcmykwsml2rq8me3.jpg

Welcome to the 2008 Air New Zealand Cup Tipping Comp.

My thanks goes to ChiefsFan for encouraging me to run the competition and also he came up with quite a good idea for the tipping system as well as the general running of the competition! If you decide to be a part of the tipping comp, then please make sure you pass on your thanks to him.

Sorry for being so late in getting this up and running, it was kind of spur of the moment. I wasn't even considering it but CF thought it would be a good idea so here we are!

Starting from the second week of the competition, I'll send out a PM each round with the upcoming fixtures and the previous weeks results, as well as all that being here.

Tips must be in by midday, the day of the first game of each round.

Point scoring system
  • 6 pts for tipping the winner
  • 10 pts for tipping a draw (in this case, the margin is void however the points scored pts still count...see below)
  • 3 pts for tipping the margin (-10/11-20/21+)
  • 2 pts for tipping the correct amount of points scored by the winner during the match
  • 2 pts for tipping the correct amount of points scored by the loser during the match
Tipping format

eg.
Game: Canterbury v Manawatu
Winner: Canterbury
Score: 33-28
Margin: -10

If you have any queries at all please do not hesitate to ask it here or PM me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1 - July 31 to August 3

Tasman v Bay of Plenty
Northland v Waikato
Taranaki v North Harbour
Wellington v Hawke's Bay
Canterbury v Manawatu
Southland v Otago
Counties Manukau v Auckland

</div>

I'm assuming we can still join can't we? If so, I'm signing up :D

We certainly can. I'll only run it if we have a minimum of 5 tippers. If not, then the time and effort really isn't worth it.

I'm just throwing out a suggestion here, what if you just used the virtualrugby.co.nz and then just created a TRF group? Seems simpler to me.

I really thought this was going to be popular, given the amount of Kiwis on the site.

Perhaps I left it too late to post the topic?

Anyway, if there aren't more numbers by tomorrow morning, it'll be all over red rover.

I'm just throwing out a suggestion here, what if you just used the virtualrugby.co.nz and then just created a TRF group? Seems simpler to me. [/b]

Because I'd prefer to do everything internally.

However its my vision on day for us to have our own application the same as sites such as virtual rugby :)

*EDIT: No interest whatsoever. Quite disappointing. Locked.
:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts